Godzilla: King of the Monsters Official Trailer

My sentiments exactly!

I am so fucking sick of the whole "humans destroyed the planet because they're stupid and didn't listen to Algore" storylines.

I am so fed up and sick if politics and forced left wing bullshit that I doubt I'll even watch this. Maybe when it hits Netflix.

#MeToo

Me motherfucking too. I'm about ready to throttle everyone in Hollywood, the TV industry, the comics industry, the fiction industry... the whole goddamn lot of them. It's everywhere! Movies and TV and books used to be escapism. I could get away from the real world and it's bullshit, but not anymore because the fuckers have taken it all over.

Is there something wrong with me?
I can't get excited about these anymore. Hollywood jumped the shark at the end of the nineties, since then everything is overdone, everything wants to be bigger, bigger explosions, bigger monsters, bigger fights, bigger stupidity. Bigger pile-o-poo.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan, I've seen every movie and own all but two of them and I am excited to see some more giant monster action! Anyone complaining about the plot potentially being humanity is the scourge of the Earth must not have see many Godzilla movies, it''s been a common plot tool since Godzilla vs Hedorah or more commonly known as Godzilla vs The Smog Monster released back in 1971.

The intent is completely clear.

Humans are the scourge that will bring about the climate change apocalypse with tidal waves overflowing into our cities as Mother Earth wipes the human vermin from the planet.

It wasn’t even subtle about it. Completely ham fisted.

You realize that Godzilla is literally an analogy for man tampering with nature and the destructive forces released, right? Original Godzilla was in direct response to nuclear bombs which the Japanese knew a bit about how destructive those could be.

I'm with you on the weak ass agenda pushing movies, but in this particular case, I'm fine with it as that narrative was an obvious front and center thing in the original.

Hollywood jumped the shark at the end of the nineties, since then everything is overdone, everything wants to be bigger, bigger explosions, bigger monsters, bigger fights, bigger stupidity. Bigger pile-o-poo.

being the industry that.. literally.. created the jumping the shark, are you surprised?

You realize that Godzilla is literally an analogy for man tampering with nature and the destructive forces released, right? Original Godzilla was in direct response to nuclear bombs which the Japanese knew a bit about how destructive those could be.

I'm with you on the weak ass agenda pushing movies, but in this particular case, I'm fine with it as that narrative was an obvious front and center thing in the original.

Honestly, I didn’t think that deep about it before posting. I was sharing my gut reaction that I had during the two minutes of the trailer.

I’m all for big monsters battling on the big screen. But I feel like CGI and FX just isn’t enough to be interesting anymore.

I'm probably biased as Godzilla has always held a special place in my nerdom...but This looks really damn good to me.

Honestly, I didn’t think that deep about it before posting. I was sharing my gut reaction that I had during the two minutes of the trailer.

I’m all for big monsters battling on the big screen. But I feel like CGI and FX just isn’t enough to be interesting anymore.

With you 100%. Almost feel like it's a catch-22 with kaiju type movies, especially when dealing with a famous one. On one hand, it seems like it's way harder to tell the story in a convincing way and requires a lot more tweaking than a standard fair movie with just humans. On the other hand they generally don't generate extremely massive amounts of money so getting the right people and doing all work needed isn't financially viable.

Best example of how good it could be done right would be Wall-E, who's main character isn't human and can't add dialogue. Obviously no Godzilla movie should ever be a heart-warming tale like Wall-E, but done right with a meticulous amount of planning Godzilla could be so good it's sickening. Probably also end up losing 100's of millions of dollars too with how big the budget would need to be.

Back