Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Dirk13

Limp Gawd
It seems that the first thread about this game was deleted due to the author spamming. I have some interest in this game and thought it would be useful to remake the thread.

Reposted from the orginial thread:

Most of the vids and info online are from the original development team which had been working on the game for about 6 years now. I do not know the whole story but it seems they were doing a shit job in completing the game and ended up selling the rights off to heatwave.

I did spend some time researching the game yesterday when I first saw it pop up on steam. From what I understand and have observed heatwave is trying very hard to bring the game up to speed. They are very active on their forums and have been actively adding content to the game. At this point in time you basically have a dated MMO with a small amount of content, and a lot of potential. Now it's up to you to decide if it is worth spending the 40 bucks to try it out, not to mention the 10 bucks a month.

I will say 2 main features of the game are interesting: the minions and the estate.
The minions are basically hireable pets that level with you. There are ~150 of them in the game ranging from common soldiers to mythical creatures such as a cyclops. The estate is basically a whole housing system that starts out in ruins and then as you quest and level slowly builds up to become your personal quest hub/ minion camp etc.

I am still on the fence about it, it seems 40 bucks is a lot for an incomplete game, but I might bite just to see it for myself.

There seems to be very little info out there, and very little activity on their forums.

Does anyone know where theres some good reviews of this game?

Well I went ahead and bought it....

Impressions so far are mixed. The player character models look really dated, and so does a lot of the buildings. The world itself looks pretty good though. The amount of content so far reminds me of rift: there are enough quests to level you, but not enough to level off of different ones if you roll an alt.

The minion aspect is still interesting, Ive only made it to lvl 10 on a mystic so I can still only use 1 minion at a time, so it is not much different than playing a pet class in any other game. The estate system was pretty dissapointing as it stands now - but I do know the dev team are implementing a lot more content for it.

Atm it the world seems mostly empty, I did run into a few other players but everyone is silent. This is not going to be a sleeper hit that is for sure, but i think the community will stay much more mature as all the 12 year old WOW kids will stay away due to the graphics.

I think so too. So far I´m actually having fun with it. I particularly like the semi realistic/historic/mythical setting. No Orcs, Elves or Fairies.

I just started it too

The graphics aren't OMG pwn, but they are sufficient for me. I'm not a graphics snob and my computer is old anyway so I dont mind.

So far I'm level 7-8 and its been interesting. Haven't come across any bugs really. I like the feel/lore to this game more than WoW and any recent MMO. I think after a few patches and content updates this game will be pretty good.

I am one of those silent people, I generally don't talk much in MMO's :p

I tried it in beta around 2 months ago. I didn't really like it, mainly because the combat felt incredibly stiff and the character movement felt off. A lot of things were broken as well (like character UI and quest tracker). Hope it's better now, but this isn't something I'd be paying full retail price + monthly for.

Anyone else checking this out? I picked it up just to have something to do here and there. Im on mars server pluto side if any hard guys want to group

Last edited:
I was in the beta, was up to level 20 or so... It got so boring and repetitive at those levels and had a lot of crashing issues. It does have potential though, going to Rome for the first time was a huge let down though.

Just doesn't seem like there's enough variety yet.

Back