godaddy. only port 80?

Enlitence.Systems

Limp Gawd
So i'm having some trouble accessing ftp / ventrilo / RDC on my home server trying to connect through my domain through godaddy, forwarded to no-ip ddns which connects to server. it seems they only forward port 80. is this true? anyway around it?

it seems more likely to me that your isp blocks the ports or you haven't properly forwarded the ports on your router, though i could be wrong ;)

Is the domain name forwarded or is no-ip hosting the DNS records?

If the domain is forwarded then godaddy assumes you are just forwarding traffic from one URL/domain to another.

If no-ip is hosting your DNS then I would look at your firewall configuration and be sure that the appropriate ports are forwarded.

if i try to access these services from my no-ip domain name they work.

So after looking into this a little more I assume you have the free service. You are forwarding your domain to blahblahblah.no-ip.org. Right?

With what you are trying to do I think an actual dynamic DNS solution (No-IP Plus, Nettica, DYNDNS) is what you are looking for. You should have the dynamic DNS service host your DNS records for the domain you are trying to use. You would point you domain to use the Dynamic DNS nameservers and manage your DNS through the service.

Here is what I use:
Domain registered with Godaddy -> Nameserver pointing to Nettica -> Nettica hosts the DNS entries and updates the IP for the DNS records -> IP dynamically assigned by Comcast

Back