GoDaddy CEO Goes Elephant Hunting

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not. Bob Parsons, the CEO of GoDaddy has raised the ire of everyone from PETA to some of his lowly clients over the hunting, but Parsons is adamant over his decision. The very next time I find an elephant in my garden, I know just who to call.

The organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) criticized the killing, and said it will move its domain name, peta.org, away from GoDaddy, closing its account with the company.

Last edited:
and said it will move its domain name, peta.org, away from GoDaddy, closing its account with the company.

OH NO! Godady just lost $10/month!!! whatever will they do?

Unless these animals are near extinction its the same as killing a chicken or cow for food.

I don't understand the uproar. Are elephants endangered or is it illegal to hunt them? If neither of these apply then everyone complaining needs to shut it. From a quick search it seems that elephant hunting is "...allowed in African countries where their populations are stable, adequately protected and well managed." Sounds like regulations we have in the US.

SHUT IT, HIPPIES.

PETA is annoying (and crazy). This is the same group that also wants the city of San Francisco to drop 'loin' part from the Tenderloin neighboorhood. :rolleyes:

OH NO! Godady just lost $10/month!!! whatever will they do?
This is funny because regardless of what hosting company they choose, chances are that hosting company isn't run by vegans and may even be employing people that have hunted and killed animals before! OH NOES! PETA is gonna have to start their own hosting company!

Ignorant idiots. The hunting in Africa is HEAVILY regulated. It's also bringing millions of dollars to the area. Those hunts aren't cheap, and the taxes go to prevent poaching and the lodges create jobs and bring money into the economy. The meat is used by the local village as a food source. The population of elephants has INCREASED dramatically since the legal, regulated hunting has been instituted.

You want to judge something? Go educate your self and then make an informed decision. Want to be an ignorant idiot, go join PETA.

I don't really care two ways about hunting the elephant. So long was as it was fully sanctioned I'm fine with it.

But PETA can just fuck right off. One of their founding partners has diabetes and uses artificial insulin to keep it under control. GUESS HOW THEY MAKE THAT STUFF!? IN AN ANIMAL!

I guess if she really wanted to follow the true PETA ideals she'd stop using the insulin and kill herself.

I'm not a hunter, but I have nothing against hunters who kill to AND eat the meat. What's so sporty about a man with a high powered gun hunting an animal? I say give the man a dagger and go toe to toe with the elephant. Now THAT'S a sport! Other than that he's just a pu$$y who wants to prove his manhood that he can take down the world's largest living land animal.....with a gun. Whoop dee dooo!

Story seems fishy to me - don't you think the locals could kill an elephant? I mean I realize its Africa but whether its one gun or some dude digging a pit.. We been killing animals for a long time.. I am sure those guys can handle it without some CEO.

Unless these animals are near extinction its the same as killing a chicken or cow for food.

Little bit different, I don't think I've ever heard of a millionaire flying to another country, then paying a large sum just to be able to enjoy themselves while killing a chicken/cow and recording video of it to put online and say 'Look what I did!' aka what this guy did.

We should eat all endangered species. Think about it, is there a shortage of any animal we eat?

I wonder if you need to field dress the elephant immediately once you drop it. That has to be some serious business right there and take a whole team of people.

And the problem with elephant hunting is with unlicensed hunts (usually for ivory). I presume the GoDaddy.com CEO has the cashflow for a proper hunt.

I guess I am alone on this, as I don't derive pleasure from killing other creatures. Killing something, is the last thing I would do for "fun".

I guess I am alone on this, as I don't derive pleasure from killing other creatures. Killing something, is the last thing I would do for "fun".

I've killed a deer for food, and I derived absolutely no pleasure from watching it die. Would I hunt again? sure. I'm just too lazy to go hunting in recent times.

I'm not a hunter, but I have nothing against hunters who kill to AND eat the meat. What's so sporty about a man with a high powered gun hunting an animal? I say give the man a dagger and go toe to toe with the elephant. Now THAT'S a sport! Other than that he's just a pu$$y who wants to prove his manhood that he can take down the world's largest living land animal.....with a gun. Whoop dee dooo!
I agree with your view point. I live in an area with deer roaming around like pet dogs because of tough gun laws and registration, where its to much of a hassle to get a rifle permit. The deer live with us year round and we have to fence our yards in if we want gardens or shrubs. Back to your point hunters around here find a deer trail, close to the back roads so they don't have to work to drag them out and they build these branch covers up in the tree and wait for the deer to come by. Why don't they just undo their zippers and measure.. Deer are so plentiful they don't talk about the hunt but of their arsenal they have and use. They are tame here, come home at night and their munching on my ceders, not ten feet away. You could have bow season all year round in my front lawn. Ya great sport.

Little bit different, I don't think I've ever heard of a millionaire flying to another country, then paying a large sum just to be able to enjoy themselves while killing a chicken/cow and recording video of it to put online and say 'Look what I did!' aka what this guy did.

So killing the elepant isn't the issue, being rich, going hunting, and making a video of it is the problem?

Seriously, I bet he could have gotten away with this had he not posted it on teh interwebs.

I've killed a deer for food, and I derived absolutely no pleasure from watching it die. Would I hunt again? sure. I'm just too lazy to go hunting in recent times.

Death is something so strange to modern society that we think of it as a sin and we can barely tolerate it. In ancient Rome children weren't considered that important until they survived over certain age. That's what I call pussification.

The deer population in Connecticut, and many other states is becoming dangerous, both o people and themselves. Not enough hunters/ maybe Petra can live capture and move enough to prevent starvation?
Just saying..
Bad news is deer/car accidents continue to climb, as does damage to farms and gardens (all that vegan organic produce.)
Good news is hunting accidents are down (?would Petra approve).

The deer population in Connecticut, and many other states is becoming dangerous, both to people and themselves. Not enough hunters/ maybe Petra can live capture and move enough to prevent starvation?
Just saying..
Bad news is deer/car accidents continue to climb, as does damage to farms and gardens (all that vegan organic produce.)
Good news is hunting accidents are down (?would Petra approve).

i agree with phillip defranco on this one.

skip to 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT4aw8c8oMs

What the fuck is that retard doing.
1.-He is white.
2.-He is stereotyping white people.
3.-He is a racist against his own race.

If there isn't something evil behind that mentality where "White People" and the "Evil Empire" are guilty for all the disgraces in the world and need to be punished by the rest of the world then please tell me is mere stupidity and lack of common sense. Although I don't think so. I think is the first.

I'm not even white and I feel offended by his attitude.

What the fuck is that retard doing.
1.-He is white.
2.-He is stereotyping white people.
3.-He is a racist against his own race.

If there isn't something evil behind that mentality where "White People" and the "Evil Empire" are guilty for all the disgraces in the world and need to be punished by the rest of the world then please tell me is mere stupidity and lack of common sense. Although I don't think so. I think is the first.

I'm not even white and I feel offended by his attitude.

lol youre funny

Death is something so strange to modern society that we think of it as a sin and we can barely tolerate it. In ancient Rome children weren't considered that important until they survived over certain age. That's what I call pussification.

In case you haven't noticed, we don't live in anicent rome anymore, and killing does not make one tough.

If he wants to go elephant hunting, and lord knows how much money he is worth; I doubt he cares about loosing PETA. Sure showed him! lol

killing any thing just to kill it is stupid, now if you kill some thing and eat it/ use it parts for stuff that is cool but i cant stand hunters who kill dear just fro the antlers. now if thers bad overpopulation going on then open the gates and let them shot as many as they want but only if they eat the thing. no as for PETA their a dam joke

He's a moron for shooting an elephant, but PETA is also full of morons. I just don't see the sport in shooting an elephant. That have zero defense and nowhere to hide...and they are a massive target so it doesn't even require aim.

Just makes me kind of sad. I'm not anti hunting at all, critters are yummy as hell, but elephants are damn smart and display complex communication and even emotion. Whaling and dolphin killing make me sad too, not that I'm trying to tell anyone else how to live. I do bet if he was making a vid about killing cats or horses the tone of this thread might be different. smacks of small penis syndrome to me.

But PETA can just fuck right off. One of their founding partners has diabetes and uses artificial insulin to keep it under control. GUESS HOW THEY MAKE THAT STUFF!? IN AN ANIMAL!

I guess if she really wanted to follow the true PETA ideals she'd stop using the insulin and kill herself.

Used to do it that way.

Now it is recombinant engineered bacteria and yeast making the stuff.
Allergic reactions from the animal stuff in some of the population due to a switch in an amino acid, plus bacteria are easier to feed and clean up after, encouraged the change in production.

PETA can't protest that, since bacteria aren't in our animal kingdom!

I love how PETA says it respects life, yet, are perfectly capable of killing and eating plants

You have to kill things in order to eat, that's just how the human race is, that's how all animals live, you need to kill something in order to live

Killing a animal to me is no different then killing a plant, yet I am perfectly capable of telling the difference between a retarded animal that has the IQ of a thimble like a cow, vs an intelligent animal like a dog or cat

PETA over-reaches when it comes to animals, it goes to protect -ALL- animals, which is beyond retarded, you need meat to live, show me one vegetarian that's lived over 80 years of age, you will find it impossible

There is simply amino acids in meat you need to live, and artificial substitutes and alternatives like some found in plant life are just not enough to live healthy

They further claim stuff that eating meat "Gives you type 2 diabetes's" which is false, they don't know what causes it, and that said, vegetarians also get diabetes's and not just people that eat meat or that drinking milk will cause you to develop stuff like cancer etc, when its been linked that drinking milk reduces your chance of cancer, and reduces your chance of developing calcium kidney stones by as much as 95%

I hate PETA, they are the epitome of misinformation when it comes to animal rights, and from their offical documents from Wikileaks etc they openly talk about spreading whatever misinformation they can as long as it gets people to stop eating animals

PETA also fully endorses the halting of tons of projects that involve gathering materials for stuff like energy production, refrigerant cooling, non-mechanical farming etc, that would kill -BILLIONS- of people, but would save a few animals

PETA has no idea what it is to be starving etc, and finding food to eat easily. They push their tactics on 3rd world countries etc trying to get them to stop eating meat, making malnourishment far worse for these people

Also, PETA's ultimate goal is that NOBODY can have a pet. They have already gotten rare birds banned in the states, they have openly attacked research laboratories, and then saying "They denounce these attacks" but then publicly announcing them on their homepage and supporting these militant efforts

PETA in my mind is an extremist organization, and I wish they would get classified as such, they disregard human life less then that of a animals "Cause animals can't talk" and it infuriates me completely

^^^^^

A hunt myself, and I'm sure millions of others, would pay a small fortune to participate in.

But who would eat the meat?

He has to be aware that by doing this and with the publicity that comes from PETA (ie millions of people emailed about boycotting godaddy), plus the extremists too... that his whole family becomes a target for attacks and revenge. Not exactly worth it was it when his daughter / son / wife gets attacked and slashed just because he decides he wants to go kill something for fun.

There are a lot of people out there who will think this is sick and justifies revenge attacks on his family... its not like he can protect them all the time is it ? :D

There are a lot of people out there who will think this is sick and justifies revenge attacks on his family... its not like he can protect them all the time is it ? :D

That would be smooth. Harm a guy's family. A guy with millions of dollars at his disposal to insure the same thing or worse happens to anyone who goes after his family.

Back