God of War: Ragnarök

Honestly this doesn't look any different graphicly over the last one. I was expecting more but I guess that is what you get making this game cross gen. They still must have a lot of work to do since they didn't even give a release window. I don't expect this till late 2022. Maybe even 2023.

Honestly this doesn't look any different graphicly over the last one. I was expecting more but I guess that is what you get making this game cross gen. They still must have a lot of work to do since they didn't even give a release window. I don't expect this till late 2022. Maybe even 2023.
Effin cross gen stuff :(

Look at 01:23, look at that awesome landscape to go explore, sweet i can't wait.

Look at 01:26, you're on a dumb boat surrounded by useless scenery and obstacles because the ps4 is too slow. Sad.

If the game looks as good as the first one at native 4K/60 like the current one plays on PS5, then that's still a win for me and I'm not complaining about any potential cross-gen hold backs. But I still imagine SM will be adding some additional graphical effects and LOD improvements on the PS5 version on top of offering a locked 60 FPS mode, as opposed to the original game having an unlocked frame rate on PS4 Pro and very rarely locking to 60 FPS in its performance mode and staying below 50 FPS a lot of times.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it and this will be one of main games I got a PS5 for still. I don't think anyone will have a big case to make for the PS4 holding the PS5 version back much either when the PS4 Pro will likely still max out at 1440p/30 with much longer loading times and/or have that loading dimension to hide the loading while warping around and the PS5 will likely be at 4K/60 with instant warping around the map and still be pushing higher IQ with some level of RT.

I don't get many titles on release day, but for this title I'll be buying day 1.

I also agree with the other posters, this game doesn't look like a massive improvement graphically over the ps4 original.

In an interview a while back, shortly after the first one released, when asked about how long until we'll see the 2nd one, they did say not too long as they have the assets already.

So that right there should of told you all that it's not going to be a big graphical jump.

So, I wasn't expecting a huge jump, but I'm still going to buy this on day one.
If they do a God of War edition PS5, that's the PS5 I'm getting.
Otherwise I'm getting this on PS4.

In an interview a while back, shortly after the first one released, when asked about how long until we'll see the 2nd one, they did say not too long as they have the assets already.

So that right there should of told you all that it's not going to be a big graphical jump.

So, I wasn't expecting a huge jump, but I'm still going to buy this on day one.
If they do a God of War edition PS5, that's the PS5 I'm getting.
Otherwise I'm getting this on PS4.
I believe they originally were planning to release it on the PS4 before the the PS5 was released. Like in 2020.

I just finished a recent playthrough of the current God of War on PS5 with all the benefits so I am very much looking forward to this whenever it finally shows.

rumors are we might get an official release date this Thursday during Summer Game Fest

rumors are we might get an official release date this Thursday during Summer Game Fest

Was Sony announced as participating in the event? If they are, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an announcement. They need to say something soon if the game is actually releasing this year.

Was Sony announced as participating in the event? If they are, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an announcement. They need to say something soon if the game is actually releasing this year.

no idea...I just a saw a list from a reliable leaker and Ragnarok was listed...but Geoff Keighley said recently to keep expectations in check and to not expect a lot of huge reveals as that is saved for the Game Awards in December

no idea...I just a saw a list from a reliable leaker and Ragnarok was listed...but Geoff Keighley said recently to keep expectations in check and to not expect a lot of huge reveals as that is saved for the Game Awards in December
Ugh. I would t be surprised if they save it to Game Awards. If they do they better be a February release date.

I checked the image Keighly posted a few days ago that showed the studios who would be presenting at the Game Fest and Sony was not part of it. I would not expect anything from them tomorrow.

Ugh. I would t be surprised if they save it to Game Awards. If they do they better be a February release date.

I'd be surprised if they waited that long, unless the game isn't coming out until late Q1-early Q2 2023. If they still intend to have it out this year, they'll probably do a State of Play dedicated to it sometime this summer.

Seeing reports they are shooting hard to get this out this coming November although there is a "2023 delay" still floating.

Everything else is being delayed to early 2023. Hopefully they're able to get the game out this year. Otherwise it's going to be a bleak holiday games season.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
God of War Ragnarök Producer Asks Rabid Fans to Chill Out Over Reveal Rumors

For the past week, God of War: Ragnarök has been trending on Twitter, though there isn’t any definitive news from developer Sony Santa Monica Studio...instead, there have just been a series of tweets from “industry insiders” pointing to a potential livestream reveal of the game on June 30...the rumor’s source is cryptic, but now producer Cory Barlog has responded to the growing conversation, asking folks to chill out and “please be patient” when looking for updates...

https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-cory-barlog-sony-state-play-rumor-1849126137

Last edited:
God of War Ragnarok Release Date Announcement Delayed

Tom Henderson has posted a story revealing some info behind the God of War Ragnarok launch date announcement...according to his sources, Sony was all set to make the announcement today (June 30) but it was pulled at the last minute...the blog post would have consisted of the release date itself, confirmation that a proper gameplay showcase would be shared at a later date, and details on the God of War Ragnarok Collector's Editions

Henderson believes the release date is November 11th...

https://exputer.com/news/playstation/god-of-war-ragnarok-release-date-announcement/

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yay! Glad we'll have something new/good to play for the holiday season. 2022 has been a bust outside of Horizon 2 and Elden Ring. By November, those will be pretty far in the rearview mirror, too.

Yay! Glad we'll have something new/good to play for the holiday season. 2022 has been a bust outside of Horizon 2 and Elden Ring. By November, those will be pretty far in the rearview mirror, too.
Dying Light 2 and Ghostwire: Tokyo were also pretty good. And, despite my gripes with Gran Turismo 7, I am still highly enjoying it.

Very nice, can't wait. Would be kinda awkward if Horizon DLC drops around the same time as this though.

I dunno how anyone can complain about shortage of good games right now though, even if 2022 has been a "bust". Unless you don't work full time or have zero obligations or other hobbies outside of gaming when not working, I'm not sure how anyone would have enough time to play through and appreciate the abundance of good games on the market. If anything, just like movies/shows on the surplus of streaming services, there has been an over-abundance of good games to play for the past several years IMO.

At least I have a huge backlog of known great games that I would love to try at some point. Some of them are PS exclusives that I know I'll love as well (still needing to play Spiderman games and Ghosts). But right now I'm still stuck on Horizon a few months later after 150 hours of game time and about to play NG+ on Ultra Hard, hah.

nice to finally have an official release date annoucement...looks like the November rumors were true (Jason Schreier is right again)

the fact that the entire trailer was pre-rendered cinematic footage might be a cause for concern...no gameplay footage at all 4 months from release?...the rumors of trouble with development might be true...we'll see if it gets delayed

the fact that the entire trailer was pre-rendered cinematic footage might be a cause for concern...no gameplay footage at all 4 months from release?...the rumors of trouble with development might be true...we'll see if it gets delayed

I'm sure Sony will have a state of play dedicated to the game sometime in the next couple months that will show off gameplay. Really, though, it's likely not much different than GoW 2018 gameplay wise.

To prepare for the upcoming release of God of War Ragnarök on November 9th, we’ve invited two of the best storytellers we know to recap the journey of Kratos and Atreus from God of War (2018)...

God of War Ragnarök Jötnar Edition

GodofWarRag.jpg

Walmart gave me extra converted Sick Hours so took off for this game also MW2. Might go to GameStop to pick it up might get something extra I think I can use my Discount card on this if Walmart has them

Walmart gave me extra converted Sick Hours so took off for this game also MW2. Might go to GameStop to pick it up might get something extra I think I can use my Discount card on this if Walmart has them
Walmart has every game on launch day.

??

Confused

I'm surprised how many TV commercials I've seen for this so far. They've been airing for roughly 6 weeks. During high volume mainstream content like college/NFL games, too. Feels early for a game not due until November.

I'm surprised how many TV commercials I've seen for this so far. They've been airing for roughly 6 weeks. During high volume mainstream content like college/NFL games, too. Feels early for a game not due until November.
Got to build that hype. It is the biggest game of the year.

Back