God of War: Ragnarök

I personally don't care to wait up to 3 years for a slightly better port to PC.

if you already have a PS5 than it makes sense to play right away...I was referring to those that don't have one or are thinking about buying...I bought a PS4 when Bloodborne first came out because I'm a huge fan of the developer (sold the PS4 1.5 years later)...back then Sony actually had real exclusives that you could never play on any other system...but in 2022 if another exclusive is released on PS5 I don't see myself buying a console because I know it's going to eventually come to PC

if you already have a PS5 than it makes sense to play right away...I was referring to those that don't have one or are thinking about buying...I bought a PS4 when Bloodborne first came out because I'm a huge fan of the developer (sold the PS4 1.5 years later)...back then Sony actually had real exclusives that you could never play on any other system...but in 2022 if another exclusive is released on PS5 I don't see myself buying a console because I know it's going to eventually come to PC
Why not both? I play Sony exclusives on Playstation, then again when/if they come to PC. 😁

Whatever Bring back OG God of War prob spent 100k on this.

That's some excellent marketing right there. I must resist the urge to buy, but maybe it's worth it. I snagged a PS5 on launch day and then played Forbidden West ASAP... before all of the nice patches, but it looks like Ragnarok has all of those display options on launch.

If you buy a PS game with the digital extras, are they confined to the PlayStation? For example, can you grab the soundtrack files?

That's some excellent marketing right there. I must resist the urge to buy, but maybe it's worth it. I snagged a PS5 on launch day and then played Forbidden West ASAP... before all of the nice patches, but it looks like Ragnarok has all of those display options on launch.

If you buy a PS game with the digital extras, are they confined to the PlayStation? For example, can you grab the soundtrack files?
I would assume they would be tied to the account they were redeemed on.

Preloading the game starts today; ~85GB on PS5 and supposedly over 100GB on PS4. My 6.5TB of console storage is ready. 😁

Preloading the game starts today; ~85GB on PS5 and supposedly over 100GB on PS4. My 6.5TB of console storage is ready. 😁
I have a 2TB 980 Pro in my PS5. It's crazy how I could only fit 5 PS5 games on the included 825GB drive.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I have a 2TB 980 Pro in my PS5. It's crazy how I could only fit 5 PS5 games on the included 825GB drive.
I have the exact drive I picked up when it went under $200 for Prime Day over the summer.

Yeah, was getting annoying having to transfer PS5 games I was playing to and from my 4TB external drive. I normally only play 2-3 games at any given time so I didn't think I'd mind, but with PS+ games to download and try every month, it got old. It's insane Sony didn't even allow storing PS5 games on external drives initially too. It's still stupid that you can't transfer games in the background while you browse around elsewhere or play another game.

IGN - 10
GamingBolt - 10
Gaming Nexus - 10
NextGenBase - 10
Push Square - 10
Press Start - 10
VGC -5/5
Twinfinite - 5/5
EGM - 5/5
Game Informer - 9.5
Gamespot - 9
Easy Allies - 9

MetaCritic: 94 https://t.co/tD51wCyRvf
OpenCritic: 94 https://t.co/BCkLtDj5us
giphy.gif

Edit: Nice edit with the Wife score, lol. I've already preemptively warned my wife and have Thursday and Friday off to play it. Seems I will need it too because ACG is reporting this game can take 35-55 hours to play through, which is considerably longer than the first game from what I remember (it was maybe 25-30 hours I think). Can't wait!

Last edited:
This there big system seller title. Expect 3 years at least.

I'm hoping for 1 year...I think Sony is shortening their PS exclusive window...a good test will be when Forbidden West hits PC...I'd expect the same time frame for Ragnarok

I'm hoping for 1 year...I think Sony is shortening their PS exclusive window...a good test will be when Forbidden West hits PC...I'd expect the same time frame for Ragnarok
I think 2 years minimum, but who knows. I'll buy/play it again then with a negligibly better experience as I have with most Sony ports to PC so far, if just to support these amazing single player games with zero microtransactions or day 1 DLCs.

DF posted their analysis too (minor spoilers):

I think 2 years minimum, but who knows. I'll buy/play it again then with a negligibly better experience as I have with most Sony ports to PC so far, if just to support these amazing single player games with zero microtransactions or day 1 DLCs...

it's not negligibly better on PC...it's not significantly better but more like noticeably better...it's the definitive version of the game

it's not negligibly better on PC...it's not significantly better but more like noticeably better...it's the definitive version of the game
Honestly other then the fps the actual graphics look practically the same. This with me running the PC on a 55cx and the PS5 in a 65" C9.

Honestly other then the fps the actual graphics look practically the same. This with me running the PC on a 55cx and the PS5 in a 65" C9.

Sackboy PC has multiple ray-tracing features that weren't on the PS version...Miles Morales will have ray-traced reflections and shadows (the PS5 version only had RT reflections)...the divide is getting bigger...of course not every game will have these extra features but it's still what I consider to be a noticeable upgrade versus a negligible one

Side by side yes, but playing it again years later even with RT and other enhanced details isn't going to improve the game noticably over my memory of playing the original game on Playstation. That's been true for Horizon ZD and Spiderman ports so far with their upgrades. If anything I'd appreciate the higher performance better than any graphical improvements, but that's even more of a negligible upgrade now that I can play this at 80-120 FPS on my TV.

The PS5 versions of most games are in the ballpark of the PC. You'll notice side-by-side when a video is pointing out shadow details or light reflections frame by frame, but it's not that big of a deal if you aren't analyzing every detail. Especially now that almost all games are targeting higher FPS and there isn't this giant performance chasm of 30fps vs. 60+. The PC ports are obviously better, but how much better has never been smaller. My general rule is that I'll wait for a PC port if I'm on the fence on a title. If not, I'm not about to wait 2+ years for a port...assuming they actually plan to port it at all.

like this
My general rule is that I'll wait for a PC port if I'm on the fence on a title. If not, I'm not about to wait 2+ years for a port...assuming they actually plan to port it at all.

I'm not saying anyone that has a PS5 should wait to play Ragnarok (or any other game) on PC...of course you should play it immediately...my point is that the PC version in the end is the best version

2024. Maybe spring/late summer? :cool:

November 2023 would be nice ;) ...I wonder if a lower turnaround time would convince more PS players to wait for the PC version...I think 1 year is still probably too long...I think a 6 month difference is the number where you would see more console players wait

Right now most titles are taking 2 years. At least not counting the PS5 titles that are just remasters of older games themselves. That's too long IMO. I'll wait a year but no more than that. After a year, they only $ they're getting from me is for titles I just flat out forgot about. Spiderman was a prime example of a game that I bought just because I forgot all about it. Re-buying a game on both systems? Not happening as long as they're this close to parity.

Just because it's God of War doesn't mean it's good....it looks just the last game fixated 3rd person same kid tagging along pretending to do the dishes. Paid off Reviewers for sure too scared about Backlash from loyal fans.

Or, maybe, they actually like it like they did the previous one. You are not the arbiter of quality dude. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it bad and does not mean anyone that disagrees with you is paid off. Pull your head out of your ass.

The General Public doesn't have any taste the reviewers are just there for credibility....

The General Public doesn't have any taste the reviewers are just there for credibility....

Elitism is fucking retarted. Just because people disagree with your opinions on a god damn video game does not make you better than them nor does it make your taste any better (or worse).

like this
Back