God of War (Confirmed) - Official Thread

1643944099114.png

1643945133169.png

Fantastic game. I hope the wait for Ragnarok PC is not too long.

I apparently got to the Muspelheim too early. Just hit level 6, with swapping gear still lvl 5, and took forever to do that "kill 20 enemies without getting hit" and made it to my first Valkyrie. Damn that's a hard fight. Took the wind out of the sales for me, but my kid (who just 100% the game) said that's way too early to fight them. Guess I'll go back to leveling / MSQ a bit.

I apparently got to the Muspelheim too early. Just hit level 6, with swapping gear still lvl 5, and took forever to do that "kill 20 enemies without getting hit" and made it to my first Valkyrie. Damn that's a hard fight. Took the wind out of the sales for me, but my kid (who just 100% the game) said that's way too early to fight them. Guess I'll go back to leveling / MSQ a bit.

oh holy shit, i had such a hard time with that valkyrie, it was this one, the queen bitch, and another one (or two), hard as hell, at least for me it was

daddy sparta was like, so fucking harsh, there was no fun in that house, geez

and then there was the brainiac annoying fucking child from hell, constantly dropping those pearls of wisdom. it made me put the voice volume down because of it. all those deep thoughts, every sentence was like a life-changing event, every phrase was a nobel prize, it was to much for me to bear, having to reconsider all the decisions i made in my life and all the actions i took to this point everytime it opened its mouth, i just wanted to enjoy gaming in my pc.

Don't they explain the reason right there in your link???

What I wish they would do is add the ability to change the resolution in borderless like they did in Horizon Zero Dawn and other games.
Yes, but it doesn't make any sense since I've historically experienced performance and color issues with various games that run in a borderless window compared to exclusive fullscreen.

Over the years I've run into games that stuttered like mad in fullscreen vs. borderless and vice versa, so I always appreciate having both options. It does feel like more games are rolling with one or the other with no option to switch.

Just returned to the Lake of Nine with Memir and am now exploring all the new areas which have been revealed. The game is just so well crafted and epic in scope that I just want to keep playing, the time just flies by. One of the few games where I am enjoying exploring every nook and cranny to find collectibles and items.

God of War PC Update 1.0.9

New Features

-Aiming and Blocking can now be configured as a toggle instead of a hold
-Triple Buffering can now be enabled to reduce micro-stutters at the cost of a minor latency increase
GPU memory usage is now included in the video settings to aid performance troubleshooting

Fixes

-Memory values will now be detected properly when using integrated graphics
-Silent crashes will no longer occur if a GPU reports invalid memory values
-Some gameplay systems will no longer cause intermittent crashes
-Implemented small object culling to help reduce the number of objects being processed by the CPU
Developed in response to recurring AMD performance issues, this change should improve minimum framerates in scenes where there are many objects on-screen. During our testing, we saw an average 20% improvement in frametimes above the 95th percentile...To those not experiencing instances of major framerate drops, please note that this change will not result in a significant improvement to graphical performance

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1593500/view/3124941429743813078

GoW.png

Back