God of War (Confirmed) - Official Thread

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/god-of-war-pc-announcement/

The PC version of God of War promises a range of enhancements including "high fidelity graphics," with support for 4K resolutions, ultrawide displays, unlocked framerates, and advanced settings including higher resolution shadows, "improved" screen space reflections, and support for GTAO and SSDO. Nvidia DLSS support will also be available at launch to help with framerates. Controllers and fully customizable mouse-and-keyboard setups will be supported.

The PC release will also come with some bonus digital content:

• Death’s Vow Armor Sets for Kratos and Atreus
  • Exile’s Guardian Shield Skin
  • Buckler of the Forge Shield Skin
  • Shining Elven Soul Shield Skin
  • Dökkenshieldr Shield Skin

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
they are not releasing all the Uncharted games on PC- only Uncharted 4 and the Lost Legacy spinoff...the only way to play the first 3 (best) games is through console...and Uncharted 5 is pretty much a certainty down the road

The first one is pretty bad, especially if like me you started the series with 4, the first one aged realy, realy badly.

The first one is pretty bad, especially if like me you started the series with 4, the first one aged realy, realy badly.

did you play the remastered versions?...I remember playing the Nathen Drake remastered Collection when I had my PS4...then I played Uncharted 4 right after...U2 was the best but I enjoyed all of them...maybe playing them all for the first time back-to-back clouded my judgment a bit

If you at all have a tooth for third person action/adventure games than Sony beats most PC titles by a country mile. Unless you just have your head so far up Ubi's rear you need a game overly bloated with borderline and completely useless side activities, or are stuck on any of those nostalgia games. There really isn't many titles that compair to the quality and complete package of Sony exclusives, and they always pump another one out.

Stoked for Horizon FW.

Currently on sale at GMG for 15% off - is that likely to be the best discount for a retail pre-order?

If you at all have a tooth for third person action/adventure games than Sony beats most PC titles by a country mile. Unless you just have your head so far up Ubi's rear you need a game overly bloated with borderline and completely useless side activities, or are stuck on any of those nostalgia games. There really isn't many titles that compair to the quality and complete package of Sony exclusives, and they always pump another one out.

Stoked for Horizon FW.
Too many people are stuck on games need to have 100 hours worth of gameplay. I take a 20 or even 10 hour game that is to the point and not fluffed up crappy side content that brings zero the game experience. I don't feel I am getting my money's worth if I get bored of a games grind and never finish it.

Too many people are stuck on games need to have 100 hours worth of gameplay. I take a 20 or even 10 hour game that is to the point and not fluffed up crappy side content that brings zero the game experience. I don't feel I am getting my money's worth if I get bored of a games grind and never finish it.
So true, I have yet to run into a PlayStation exclusive that outstayed its welcome, even HZD which is probably the most bloated title in the Ubisoft paint by everything sense still keeps it fairly tight. That is really what many titles lack these days, they don't keep it tight and end up a sloppy mess, sure its a smorgasbord but all I really want is a rare steak with the perfect amount of sides.

Currently on sale at GMG for 15% off - is that likely to be the best discount for a retail pre-order?
GMG frequently changes their pre-order deals. I wouldn't be surprised if they do 18%, at some point. Maybe even 20%. If you have an account already, you can often get an extra couple of percent off, as well.

Earlier this year, I got both Nioh 2 and RE:Village from them (pre-orders), for a bit over 20%

GMG frequently changes their pre-order deals. I wouldn't be surprised if they do 18%, at some point. Maybe even 20%. If you have an account already, you can often get an extra couple of percent off, as well.

Earlier this year, I got both Nioh 2 and RE:Village from them (pre-orders), for a bit over 20%
God of War 20% off with this XP pack on GMG
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/fall-xp-pack/

Since GoW supports the PS5 controller I'll go ahead and ask. Has anyone here used that controller on PC? Last I checked hardly any of it's features were supported; how's it work now?

Since GoW supports the PS5 controller I'll go ahead and ask. Has anyone here used that controller on PC? Last I checked hardly any of it's features were supported; how's it work now?
Steam has general support for the DualSense----as basically a PS4 controller. There is no general driver for PC, which supports all of the DualSense features. However, there are 1 or 2 other games which natively support it on PC, within the game code. Metro Exodus enhanced edition is one of them. However, the DualSense support was very buggy at release. I do not know if it was ever improved in patch updates. Since GoW is a flagship Sony series---I imagine it will be supported correctly. But we shall see!

Last edited:

Yeah? The graphics or something else about it? The gameplay is pretty much the same as the other games if not a little more straightforward. I actually think Uncharted 1 is better than 4 is. At least as a game. Uncharted 4 has better graphics and a better story, but it's as much of an interactive movie as it is a game. Uncharted 1 is very much a 3rd person shooter at its core. You barely fire a shot for the first half of Uncharted 4. Replaying it is a slog because so much of it is basically just an interactive cut scene that you can't skip.

I still think UC1 has the funnest enemies to fight. They really pressure your flanks and try to flush you out with grenades and stuff.

UC2 has a lot of enemy types, which is pretty cool. But individually, they are all much more limited in what they do.

The games that support it on PC are specifically programmed to detect it and enable features. There isn't an official Windows driver that does it. The DualSense works through DirectInput like prior Sony controllers.
I still think UC1 has the funnest enemies to fight. They really pressure your flanks and try to flush you out with grenades and stuff.

UC2 has a lot of enemy types, which is pretty cool. But individually, they are all much more limited in what they do.
We have a thread for Uncharted.

I thought GOW was a really good game, but I didn't find it to be a 10/10 or a life changing experience or anything like that. I have several casual gamer friends that were in a stupor over it, but they don't really play a ton of other titles. It reminded me of Dark Souls gameplay in a Resident Evil world with young Ellie from TLoU tagging along. Luckily those are franchises I really like. I don't know if it did anything particularly new or different, but it was a really slick presentation.

I thought GOW was a really good game, but I didn't find it to be a 10/10 or a life changing experience or anything like that. I have several casual gamer friends that were in a stupor over it, but they don't really play a ton of other titles. It reminded me of Dark Souls gameplay in a Resident Evil world with young Ellie from TLoU tagging along. Luckily those are franchises I really like. I don't know if it did anything particularly new or different, but it was a really slick presentation.
It has a really good feeling combat system. Everything else about the structure of the game is pretty well by the numbers. The script is pretty strong, though. There's a lot more character here than previous GoW games. And its not nearly as awful as previous games, in how it portrays woman.

I pre-ordered it on GMG yesterday at 15% off.

I played it on PS4 when it came out but got pulled away for a long while and couldn't remember how to play it from where I was when I went back so this is my chance to try it again.

Now 20% off for "Silver" Tier XP members @ GMG gaming.

If you buy about 2 games per year from them, you are probably silver tier.

Now 20% off for "Silver" Tier XP members @ GMG gaming.

If you buy about 2 games per year from them, you are probably silver tier.
To be clear about this:

sign in to Green Man Gaming. Go to the XP page. In the middle of the page, will be a banner which says "SAVE 20% OFF RRP ON SELECTED COMING SOON TITLES!" with a big green "claim" button next to it. Click that button.

right below that banner is a link to God of War, which should now offer you 20% off.

Additionally, Bing cashback tells me GMG has "up to" 5% back right now.

Oh hey, GMG gave me 5 codes to hand out to people who aren't XP members or don't have a high XP level, to get the 20%.

PM me for a code. (P.S. this is not an affiliate program and I don't otherwise get any sort of kickback if you use a code).

Voucher will provide 20% off RRP on Farming Simulator 22, God of War, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Endwalker Standard Edition.

Oh hey, GMG gave me 5 codes to hand out to people who aren't XP members or don't have a high XP level, to get the 20%.

PM me for a code. (P.S. this is not an affiliate program and I don't otherwise get any sort of kickback if you use a code).

Voucher will provide 20% off RRP on Farming Simulator 22, God of War, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Endwalker Standard Edition.

PM sent.

Actually ignore that, had forgotten I am still a gold tier member.

Not much of a shocker. Sony has stated they plan to bring more games to PC. They're working through their PS4 era back log currently. Eventually I assume they'll do 6-12 month timed exclusives on PC. The upcoming GoW game might be the first that falls under that.

Not much of a shocker. Sony has stated they plan to bring more games to PC. They're working through their PS4 era back log currently. Eventually I assume they'll do 6-12 month timed exclusives on PC. The upcoming GoW game might be the first that falls under that.

Given that games costs will keep increasing as hardware get's more powerfull, it's not unthinkable that they may need to do this if they want to keep profits up.

Exactly, just because he's working on a port doesn't mean the port will release the same day.

Outside of the obvious "could be a mistake", it's also not impossible that Jetpack is doing additional developmental work on Ragnarok while working on the PC port of the previous game. Outsourcing happens with every AAA title. I wouldn't be surprised to see a PC version of Ragnarok show up at some point, though. Not at launch, but if they really are doing a PC version now it could easily speak of a 6-15 month delay between console and PC releases.

January 14, 2022 is the release date.

Looks hot. Other than the recommended hardware specifications the post doesn't lay out anything we didn't already know.

https://sms.playstation.com/stories/god-war-2018-pc-system-requirements

GoW2018_PC_SpecSheet_Final_WebSize.jpg

Release is next Friday already. Doesn't seem like it has been that long since the official announcement.

I went ahead and picked it up on cdkeys for under 40 bucks. I have it on the PlayStation and played it maybe 5 hours or so but I sold my PlayStation 4 a while back and there's no telling when I'll get a PlayStation 5. And to be honest I think the PlayStation 5 looks obnoxious.

A Walmart Cartpusher got me hooked on this series I think he played through of the GOW titles like 2-3 times I'm sure he was on a console.
Another guy who used to work there back in 2010 said GOW3 was awesome so I picked that up. There wasn't much out for the PS3 back then think he mentioned something about playing Infamous back then one of the launch titles.

I never played a GOW game with close up 3rd person I sold my PS4 at Gamestop before the game came out.

Back