God of War 3 Reviews coming in

Yeah gonna wait on this simply because im too involved in ff13 right now. Will pick this up right after i finish 13 though.

If I wasn't so damn tired I would pick it up tonight at midnight but I guess I'll wait 'till tom.:(

What sucks even more is my secretary took this Monday thru Wednesday off for spring break and I was going to take off tommorow and play with Kratos now I'll have to wait 'till after 5 in the afternoon to play.

women just don't understand a man's needs sometimes.:)

just got God of War collection, Gonna hold off buying 3 untill I finish the first 2, since it makes no sense to play the last game in a trilogy when the story is a part of it all

Yup, I think I'm gonna do the same...
Plus I have a feeling that there will be plenty of used GOW3 copies for sale in a couple of weeks...Since I have to wait anyway, I guess it'd be nice to pay $30 for it instead of $70 or whatever...

I just came back from the store and bought God of War Collection for $19.99 (used).
I guess they jacked up the price knowing that dudes like me who got a PS3 for GOW, would prolly get the collection just before in order to enjoy the full experience...
Oh well...it seemed cheap enough...

I just came back from the store and bought God of War Collection for $19.99 (used).
I guess they jacked up the price knowing that dudes like me who got a PS3 for GOW, would prolly get the collection just before in order to enjoy the full experience...
Oh well...it seemed cheap enough...

I don't see how that price is "jacked up." When it came out a new copy would've cost you $39.99. A new copy now costs $29.99. $19.99 for a used copy sounds about right.

Well i went home for lunch and played the 1st section through and I can't really say much but just Wow! It took everything in me to shut it off and come back to the office:D

Also this is the best looking game I have ever seen on a console, they are a lot of improvements over the old E3 demo we recieved, and just wait till you see the model of Kratos, it will blow your mind.

Me and my roommate just finished 1 and 2 and are waiting for 3 in the mail. I'm very glad we went through the first 2.

If you are thinking about just buying GoW3 and skipping 1 and 2 you will be missing out on a LOT of excellent story and game play. Do yourself a favor and go through them from the beginning. :)

Never played God of War before. When i read about the game and what happens in the previous GoW games i realized the story is so damn epic, is more epic then the most epic thing we have ever seen before. Hell! Even the word epic originals from the hellenistic time.

Anyhow, i dident want to play GoW3 before i played the previous games. So i did what many already have done, i order the GoW:Collection. I'm really looking forward to play this epic games.

the controls seem unfinished and many of the mechanics feel unpolished and rushed. i'm close to taking this game back and asking for my money back it's that bad

the controls seem unfinished and many of the mechanics feel unpolished and rushed. i'm close to taking this game back and asking for my money back it's that bad

pretty sure we're not talking about the same game, did your 360 RRoD or something?

Well, I'm about 90 minutes in and I can't think of a single game that has looked more epic, I really can't.

Just Beat the game. Most epic boss battles ever. Game makes uncharted 2 look old already. There are some minor glitches that do stop gameplay but since there are so many checkpoints its no biggie. Otherwise best game this year so far. Havent had a game that made me sit down for 9hrs straight and play and even after a very long and rough day.

i played it for few hours yesterday and it is pretty damn fun, just finished gow2 this past weekend. Gow1 seems so old now, tried to play it but not nearly as good as 2 or 3.

god_of_war-1.jpg

I've encountered a glitch in Hades. After you fight the three statues with hammers you have to glide across to a ledge and go through a "door". It seems that the PS3 never loads the other side of the door. I've restarted the PS3 and went back to an earlier save but no luck.

f4709811.jpg

d5cdc228.jpg

I'm about an hour, hour and a half in. Still just working with the chains, but I feel like they've changed the combat just enough to keep it fresh.I wouldn't expect a complete overhaul (that would be insane for a combat system as effective as the one in GoW), but the addition of the long distance grapple and the battering ram move really change the way you face off against your enemies.

And needless to say the graphics are stunning. I'm going to beat this, go back and play Uncharted 2 again, then beat GoW3 a second time. Damn it's a good time to own a PS3.

Me and my roommate just finished 1 and 2 and are waiting for 3 in the mail. I'm very glad we went through the first 2.

]If you are thinking about just buying GoW3 and skipping 1 and 2 you will be missing out on a LOT of excellent story and game play. Do yourself a favor and go through them from the beginning.:)

About how long should I expect it to take to go thru 1 and 2?

About how long should I expect it to take to go thru 1 and 2?

yeah and also, I was wondering how playing through the 1st one will feel.
I mean it must be really old now, and outdated.

I hope I'll still be able to play it without feeling like I'm playing a PS1 game...

the first games are about 7 or 8 hours each
the don't look bad some of the cutscenes on the first one look alil pixelated but the games look clean overall. They are fun as hell and could take a you a whole day to beat one
get the collection

yeah and also, I was wondering how playing through the 1st one will feel.
I mean it must be really old now, and outdated.

I hope I'll still be able to play it without feeling like I'm playing a PS1 game...

Well I have the ps3 collection version of 1+2, though from screenshots I've seen online the difference isn't really dramatic. Solid 60fps sounds good to me though.

Game is amazing.

1st PS3 game I've been able to sit down and play non-stop for 3+ hours.

I'm about an hour, hour and a half in. Still just working with the chains, but I feel like they've changed the combat just enough to keep it fresh.I wouldn't expect a complete overhaul (that would be insane for a combat system as effective as the one in GoW), but the addition of the long distance grapple and the battering ram move really change the way you face off against your enemies.

And needless to say the graphics are stunning. I'm going to beat this, go back and play Uncharted 2 again, then beat GoW3 a second time. Damn it's a good time to own a PS3.

Yeah the chain grapple works great on air enemies like those flying bat boys. When you do the chain grapple with the Hade's hook blades the audio changes where you here the hooks go in and rip flesh when Kratos pulls them in.

I will say this they were some major sites complaing about how different weapons dont have different finisher's but they do, or atleast the Hade's hook blades do.

Do you get to pick and choose different weapons in this game? I never really liked being restricted to only using his dual wielding weapons in previous games.

Do you think a vibrating controller will be essential for this? I don't have one and don't really want to spend the money on it.

Do you get to pick and choose different weapons in this game? I never really liked being restricted to only using his dual wielding weapons in previous games.

Yeah, you get other weapons as you go. The first had one alternate weapon and the second had three alternate weapons, so I don't see how you were restricted (though I didn't think the sword in the first one was very useful). I thought both the spear and the sword of olympus in the second game were both excellent weapons.

Dallows said:
Do you think a vibrating controller will be essential for this? I don't have one and don't really want to spend the money on it.

I wouldn't say it's essential, but it does help. Feeling the vibration as Kratos grapples with a centaur does heighten the experience.

I wouldn't say it's essential, but it does help. Feeling the vibration as Kratos grapples with a centaur does heighten the experience.

I was thinking more about the apart where you get that guys head, and use it as a light. The demo said the controller would vibrate when "secrets" were near.

I was thinking more about the apart where you get that guys head, and use it as a light. The demo said the controller would vibrate when "secrets" were near.

Haven't gotten to that part yet but those who did confirm this.

Haven't gotten to that part yet but those who did confirm this.

In the one instance it was used in the demo it was pretty easy to tell where the light needed to be used. I'm just wondering if it will be less obvious in other parts it might be needed throughout the game. Know what I mean?

In the one instance it was used in the demo it was pretty easy to tell where the light needed to be used. I'm just wondering if it will be less obvious in other parts it might be needed throughout the game. Know what I mean?

I don't know that. I just saw a post somewhere that a guy was close to a hidden spot and the controller let him know. I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible so I just skimmed through that post. I could even read it wrong :D

the first games are about 7 or 8 hours each
the don't look bad some of the cutscenes on the first one look alil pixelated but the games look clean overall. They are fun as hell and could take a you a whole day to beat one
get the collection

The GoW Collection versions of the first two actually look quite good. There are no jaggies to speak of and it seems to run in a proper 720p+ resolution. It's funny that the prerendered cinematics (which didn't get overhauled) look worse than the actively rendered game itself does.

Yeah, you get other weapons as you go. The first had one alternate weapon and the second had three alternate weapons, so I don't see how you were restricted (though I didn't think the sword in the first one was very useful). I thought both the spear and the sword of olympus in the second game were both excellent weapons.

Oh...I never got far enough in either of the previous games to get new weapons. I hadn't played them before the blu-ray release and they just felt too old now. Good to hear you get other weapons.

All I have to say is watch out fighting Hercules do not get near the edge of the forum and let him attack you, it will make you sink through the ground and have you automatically die,

Came home to a copy yesterday (best fiance ever) and finally got a chance to play it this morning. I hit a bug in the very first enemy/horde fight you encounter, took me about 10 minutes to realize that I wasn't progressing. Essentially what happened is at the beginning, when the first wave of guys come at you and your path is blocked by the burning tree, I grabbed a guy and charged and I guess my impact knocked one enemy over the burning tree and out of my reach. The next event/cut scene doesn't kick in until you kill all the enemies, so I was stuck running around in circles for 10 minutes or so trying to figure out wtf to do.

Other than that though, the game is fucking epic. Beautiful and feels exactly like what GoW should feel like. I started with the hardest difficulty-- what difficulty did you guys start with? I figure the game will take longer to finish if its harder, and I'd rather not finish it quickly. Cant wait till tomorrow morning so I can get another hour or two in :)

Came home to a copy yesterday (best fiance ever) and finally got a chance to play it this morning. I hit a bug in the very first enemy/horde fight you encounter, took me about 10 minutes to realize that I wasn't progressing. Essentially what happened is at the beginning, when the first wave of guys come at you and your path is blocked by the burning tree, I grabbed a guy and charged and I guess my impact knocked one enemy over the burning tree and out of my reach. The next event/cut scene doesn't kick in until you kill all the enemies, so I was stuck running around in circles for 10 minutes or so trying to figure out wtf to do.

Other than that though, the game is fucking epic. Beautiful and feels exactly like what GoW should feel like. I started with the hardest difficulty-- what difficulty did you guys start with? I figure the game will take longer to finish if its harder, and I'd rather not finish it quickly. Cant wait till tomorrow morning so I can get another hour or two in :)

With GoW games I start on easy, play it through like in a taking notes sorta way and things I missed but couldn't go back and get or do I try to remember them, Then I'll play through normal and pick up the shit I missed the 1st time when I played on easy.

It's a weird system I got going but for instance Helios's head that you more or less use for a flashlight, I found later on if you come to section's were you see gold dust floating around, pull his noggin out and it will show you a secret path, treasure, etc.

Back