God of War 3 Reviews coming in

Yeah, I saw the Gamespot one... but I didn't even need the reviews to convince me to get it after I played that demo. I can't wait to get this game... demo was fucking epic.

Never played God of War but after seeing gameplay videos from reviews I am going to have to start from #1 and eventually get to #3. God of War 3 looks fucking amazing.

well I guess this might end up being a day 1 purchase for me after all

damn you hype machine, DAMN YOU

I was sold on the demo already, but these scores can't hurt potential sales numbers.

I read in that CNN article that they are even considering a God of War movie... How awesome would that be? Especially with today's special effects... the movie would be epic.

You say that now. Than they annouce Ewe Boll as the director:p

You say that now. Than they annouce Ewe Boll as the director:p

I believe Brett Ratner is the director currently attached (last I heard any specifics, anyway). Not much of a step up from Uwe, but he's at least a competent hack. In addition to Clash of the Titans and that Percy Jackson movie there's another one called War of the Gods in development. I don't know if all that Greekness would help or hurt the chances of a God of War movie getting made.

And besides, the games are huge, violent, epic adventures. I'm fine with keeping them on my PS3.

Not surprised at the ratings, GoW is an amazing game. I expect this one to deliver just as hard.

Never played God of War but after seeing gameplay videos from reviews I am going to have to start from #1 and eventually get to #3. God of War 3 looks fucking amazing.

Yes, play the GOW Collection on PS3, they are both great games.

GOW2 is one of the best games from the last few years, and I think my head may explode if GOW3 is better.

I never had a chance to play the GOWs on PS2 since i sold my ps2 b4 they came out, but im working my way through the GOW collection on PS3 before GOW3 is out next week and man this series is epic. Insta fan.

I concur. I stopped doing video reviews a long time ago. I would like to actually experience the game for my self the first time I play through it. Some of these reviewers don't understand that. I loved the first 2, and was already planning on getting the 3rd. But good to see the scores coming in and doesn't look like I'll be let down.

This game has so much hype, hope it lives up to it.

Anyone know if they gonna release a playable demo?

It is difficult to find the Ultimate Edition for pre-order (maybe they ran out?), but I like Amazon's deal on the standard even if it means not playing at midnight. I am really trying to avoid buying games at full price but this one would certainly be worth it...

Most, if not all hack & slash games are linear.

DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, etc....

Yeah, that seems like a pretty strange complaint, especially given the genre. And since when is a linear game automatically a bad thing? It's linear, but the levels are also fantastically detailed, expertly designed, and feature excellent action setpieces. I'm not about to say you can't like the game, but complaining about its linearity seems really odd to me.

ya... great fucking time for my ps3 to die on me. looks like itll be about 2-3 weeks before i get it back from repairs.

Yeah, that seems like a pretty strange complaint, especially given the genre. And since when is a linear game automatically a bad thing? It's linear, but the levels are also fantastically detailed, expertly designed, and feature excellent action setpieces. I'm not about to say you can't like the game, but complaining about its linearity seems really odd to me.

I agree. This genre doesn't need much wide scale. However I don't think bayonetta's level design compete with God of War or DMC. It's action definitely does though.

Pretty excited to play this. Unfortunately its gonna have to wait until after i get FFXIII and beat that.

ya... great fucking time for my ps3 to die on me. looks like itll be about 2-3 weeks before i get it back from repairs.

yer mine died aswell lol, although that might have something to do with my dog lol

just got God of War collection, Gonna hold off buying 3 untill I finish the first 2, since it makes no sense to play the last game in a trilogy when the story is a part of it all

I've had GoW Collection now for 2 months and have never played the games. Gonna play them starting tomorrow and when I'm done I'll be off to buy GoW3 immediately afterwards :D.

just got God of War collection, Gonna hold off buying 3 untill I finish the first 2, since it makes no sense to play the last game in a trilogy when the story is a part of it all

You are in for a treat, my friend. :)

I believe Brett Ratner is the director currently attached (last I heard any specifics, anyway). Not much of a step up from Uwe, but he's at least a competent hack. In addition to Clash of the Titans and that Percy Jackson movie there's another one called War of the Gods in development. I don't know if all that Greekness would help or hurt the chances of a God of War movie getting made.

And besides, the games are huge, violent, epic adventures. I'm fine with keeping them on my PS3.
Not to mention that who wants to watch a 2 hour film about a sociopathic, backstabbing, murderous god with no redeeming values other than he is hard to kill. It's a pleasure to play a game about one if you don't take the story seriously but it would be a whole another thing to sit in the theater and be assailed by a film about one.:eek:

Some things just works as games and not movies.

I did the same thing last week, game is a blast so far. I can't even imagine what GoW3 will be like but I am enjoying the whole story at the moment going along with the first 2.

Speaking of GoW reviews, I was perusing Gamespy earlier and noticed they haven't put out a review yet. Seems odd that every other major publication and gaming site has a review up. They're the odd man out, it would seem. I wonder why they would decide to wait until release day when no one else is doing the same.

Back