Supports up to 64 CPUs
wowwwwwww

320 GB of memory
wow incredable

thrashd said:
Finaly a computer that can run Doom3 at 16x12 maxed

nope, no agp or pci express slots :(

....and you'd think they could have atleast one cold cathode in the beast

One light in that case, would be saying why don't we a night light for it. Damn that computer would be a modders paradise, you could put alot of lights in it. But it would suck It you had to move, prepare to buy a forklift for it.

How in the world do you get the Xeon MP and the Itanium to work together in that beast?
If something went wrong it in, it would sure be a nightmare to find out the problem or having to change out the 5-10lb Motherboard if it was to ever blow out. How much memory does a server like that take? I think someone miscalculated the total memory, it can't be 320gb of memory.

I see a person making the ultimate gaming server, they could put a whole library of games on it, then still do other applications on it.

If I somehow won the lottery, I would buy that and an external outdoor generator to supply power to it. Now if it was in a team by itself, it would sure beat any team out there for folding@home.

imagine how many dedicated servers you could host on that, then again imagine how fun it would be to watercool the entire case including adding windows, ccl's, led's... etc imagine the possibilitys

Now if those were Opterons in that I would have fainted. Since they're just Xenons and Itanics, I'll just drool. ;)

H o l y c r a p... Thats not an investment, thats "trade me $2mil and your hand" sort of thing, jeez... That'd kick some folding ass too... :eek:

Scorpionjwp said:
One light in that case, would be saying why don't we a night light for it. Damn that computer would be a modders paradise, you could put alot of lights in it. But it would suck It you had to move, prepare to buy a forklift for it.

How in the world do you get the Xeon MP and the Itanium to work together in that beast?
If something went wrong it in, it would sure be a nightmare to find out the problem or having to change out the 5-10lb Motherboard if it was to ever blow out. How much memory does a server like that take? I think someone miscalculated the total memory, it can't be 320gb of memory.

I see a person making the ultimate gaming server, they could put a whole library of games on it, then still do other applications on it.

If I somehow won the lottery, I would buy that and an external outdoor generator to supply power to it. Now if it was in a team by itself, it would sure beat any team out there for folding@home.
For some reason I doubt it's one massive motherboard :p

I couldn't tell, but can anyone confirm that that just isn't a cluster? Looks impressive though, 2300Lbs, yay? Imagine the cost to ship that thing :(?

I was just joking about the MB part, but I would sure would like to know what it looks like with the panels off. Having a watercooling setup would be cool in that beast, but I doubt that they make watercooling blocks for the Itanium processors.

To figure of the cost of shipping would require a forklift, packaging, shipping by either freight or by air. Then figuring how to get it into your home is another matter, and or getting it off the truck. You would still need a pallet jack to move it around, I don't see one person moving it by himself.

Back