God i love this game (GTAIV)

Spidey12

Weaksauce
The missions are awesome and the story is really cool and original. I'm totally diggin it.

Unfortunately I'm only 17% into the same so maybe i havent even experienced the real good parts.

It only gets better...my advice (after having just finished it) is to indulge more in the minigames and side missions instead of completely focusing on the main misions to beat the game. I feel like I missed out on some of the game by just focusing on main story progression.

Just my .02
Ð

It only gets better...my advice (after having just finished it) is to indulge more in the minigames and side missions instead of completely focusing on the main misions to beat the game. I feel like I missed out on some of the game by just focusing on main story progression.

Just my .02
Ð

Agreed - Take a break and do some other things. I've sat and watched the tv, surfed the web, and did side missions. The only annoyance is the constant phone messages that you should go do this or that - which throws you back into the main story again.

my opinion....the way to get the most out of the game is to strive for 100%...so dont just rush threw the main missions...or you will finish and not care about the mini or side missions

every couple of times you sit down to play...the further you get into the game,. the more side missions you will have availible

One thing about going for 100% in this game is that the %'s are a bit off. For instance you can do everything except the most wanted missions/dating/deliveries and you're only @ 75%...yet those things don't make up what I'd call a "true" 25% of the game.
If anything, do the side-missions with the main characters and do at least a few of the other ones to see if you like them, but I'd say getting 100% this time around is a little more tedious than before.

i got to about 15% completion and am bored of it now. I havent popped it in for over 3 weeks now.

I love some of the flavor in the game. Especially when it categorizes kids, and dogs as strange alien creatures!

I am almost done.. Stopped after getting riiight to the end because I was dissapointed with the results. Researched my options... and was like.. wow.. dark game.

Agreed - Take a break and do some other things. I've sat and watched the tv, surfed the web, and did side missions. The only annoyance is the constant phone messages that you should go do this or that - which throws you back into the main story again.

You can turn your phone off to avoid the main story and explore for awhile. It's a good thing to because its a little to 'RL" with the phone on and people bothering you all the time, lol.

-dave

My only gripe about this game is the lack of gas tanks. My fav thing with SA was to get a bunch of cars together and hit one of the gas tank filler doors and watch the show.

My only gripe about this game is the lack of gas tanks. My fav thing with SA was to get a bunch of cars together and hit one of the gas tank filler doors and watch the show.

Cars don't blow up like that in real life. I'm glad they don't in GTA4. I did however get shot to shit, and my tires on the corvette started flaming. It was pretty badass though I had to bail out.

i got to about 15% completion and am bored of it now. I havent popped it in for over 3 weeks now.

I got to about 22% and same. Boring as hell, repetitive missions, storyline that is not one tenth as compelling as the reviews made it out to be. Hey, chase down another guy driving away from you on a train/car/motorcycle! Yawn.

^ How do you turn off the phone?

If I remember right, deep down in the cell phones options menu there is a "sleep" mode. This turns off all mission based calls and friend calls till you turn it back on. Hope this helps.

The missions didn't really start to get good till like halfway thu, if you stopped playing after a few missions your cutting yourself short.

On the other hand, this is what GTA has always been about, some might find it boring because of all the other GTA games they played but what did you really expect? Personally, I thought it was a great game with crazy little details.

-dave

I got to about 22% and same. Boring as hell, repetitive missions, storyline that is not one tenth as compelling as the reviews made it out to be. Hey, chase down another guy driving away from you on a train/car/motorcycle! Yawn.

It picks up after 25% I'd say.

You're either going to like this game or not. Chances are if you don't like this game you didn't like the others....

and you're a communist.

GTA4's a strange case because it does start slow, the graphics are untweaked by default, and it even takes some playing around to get the sounds to properly mesh without one thing being louder than another.
However, the game gets better right around the time you go to Bohan. I found that from Bohan through the end, the game's really good. I admittedly liked SA more, but that still shouldn't take away from GTA4 being great. Yes, the "chase this guy" missions get old, but the fun is in finding tricks to do the missions differently. Plus, with all of the talk of people not liking the driving - by the end of the game you'll be able to drive the wrong way down the interstate and not get touched. A lot of that actually teaches you how to drive better in the game.
I look at GTA4 a little like GT3 or Vice City. It shows off what the engine can do and it's a great game, but we'll get our equivalent of SA with future games.

Agreed, just about everyone I know has stopped playing the game a short way through....it just doesn't have the replayability of previous GTA's. I got into it more after a few tries but lost interest shortly there after. The best analogy I have is that in San Andreas you'd see a half pipe and wonder if you could do something on it and sure enough you could.....GTAIV you see something similar and go over to it and sure enough you can't. I found the skate park and basketball courts on the second island and was shocked that there wasn't a mini game there somewhere.

I'm 20% through now. Brucie's missions are fun and funny too.

Sometimes I want to just finish the game and other times i dont want to and im just goofing around.

BTW im one of those peeople that sucks at driving games and i can tell you that in gta IV at 20% im finally getting the hang of it.I can almost turn a 90 degress left or right turn going full speed.

I don't like it. I feel cheated. I thought I was going to get a GTA game and all the fun and mayhem that that entails, but instead, I get the same three missions cycling to a serious-face backdrop.

Where are the remote control cars you can ka-splode? Where are the fire escapes you can force a PCJ up onto a roof and go mental dropping off buildings for a laugh?

The new GTA is not a GTA, it is a big fart in my mouth, and I paid too much money for it.

I've done alot of crazy stuff in gta. for instance

I stole a helicopter and took michele out on a date with it. I took that bitch to the top of a skyscraper and shot her in the face. Then she tried to leave...Really bitch? You're on the top of the roof jump down.

Needless to say i had cops on me me everywhere.

never got into the previous gta's... but this one is amazing to me for some reason... don't know what's grabbing my attention this time around. Maybe its just the gaphics, the previous gta's just look awful to me (ps2 and xbox)

Last night I accidently bailed out of my car doing 80 on a bridge whilist nearing a pack of cars a head of me. Needless to say the end result was not pretty.

I like how bailing out is realistic, like Niko doesn't really clear the car in time ( in my cases, lol). I tried to do a bailout online and have my car crash into an enemies. I didn't time it right and my body went along for the ride.

I've did some funny stuff last night. Like I tried to drive my car up some stairs taking like a 40-60mph head start. The car just hit the stairs and I went flying out, face-slammed into the stairs and died.

This thread finally did it....Ive got to pick this game up tonight. If anything, just to steal a heli and bring a date to the top of a building just to shoot her in the face. lol classic.

I just picked up a ps3 and this game. First off, ps3 is sick. This is my first console and im loving it so far.

As for GTA, amazing. Im at 7 or 8 percent, and while ill admit the missions are very similar thus far, i cant not wait for some of the later stuff. Maybe because I know what it takes to produce games of this quality, i find myself wowed every time something cool happens. You can just see all of the hours that were put into this game. Amazing.

Looking forward to playing this weekend, as my internship and networking night class dont allow me so much free time.

oh btw, GTA + my Samsung 4065 40 inch. Good stuff.

GTA's actually a lot better if you go through it a little at a time. Sometimes if you got too fast everything can bleed together, plus some of the more tedious missions can pile up.
FYI - the best advice I can offer than I never really did myself is to play around with the online dating as soon as you can. I'm doing it after I won the game and it's pretty pointless now.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16404_5-reasons-gta-iv-worst-great-game-ever-made.html

good article...havent touched the game in almost a month. too repetitive.

ill take san andreas > iv any day.

Ugh, Cracked. they have a few funny things, but the rest is just elitist sword fighting. I could never get anywhere in gta: sa because of all it actually lacked. GTA 4 brings it to a new level. All the stuff they cut out was just useless fluff. 4 is a much more solid game.

its all the same "go here, pick this up, bring it here"..."go here, kill him"..."go here, steal this car, take it here"

probably THE best mission i felt broke that mold was the "bank heist" mission. that was definitly fun. but other then that,every mission follows one of those. after awhile driving across an entire city (ik you can take cabs) gets really boring. i should mention i have about 55% of the game done.

dont get me wrong, its definitly a decent game, but i dont really feel its anything more then that. its time rockstar did something new and refreshing with gta.

its all the same "go here, pick this up, bring it here"..."go here, kill him"..."go here, steal this car, take it here"

probably THE best mission i felt broke that mold was the "bank heist" mission. that was definitly fun. but other then that,every mission follows one of those. after awhile driving across an entire city (ik you can take cabs) gets really boring. i should mention i have about 55% of the game done.

dont get me wrong, its definitly a decent game, but i dont really feel its anything more then that. its time rockstar did something new and refreshing with gta.

All other GTA's where the same formula. Granted I didn't make it very far into SA, but for obvious reasons.

I guess it's just me, but all those bored the snot out of me :( I put GTA 4 away, about 18% in. Went back to working through Assassin's creed.

I guess it's just me, but all those bored the snot out of me :( I put GTA 4 away, about 18% in. Went back to working through Assassin's creed.

LOL...just wait until you clear the 4th mission of AC. That game's the king of giving you the same mission over and over.

LOL...just wait until you clear the 4th mission of AC. That game's the king of giving you the same mission over and over.

already on the 5th assaasination. I just wander around and take in the game, killing things as I go. I know it sounds contradictory since I don't like doing that in GTA4, but something about how gta4 controls and works just never jived right with me.

Although the informer, get the flags missions SUCK.

Played some more last night, think im at 9 percent. Still a great game, but man, these missions need to get switched up a bit. Pick up, drop off. Pick up, drop off. Problem is im progressing so slowly because i find myself wandering off and killing people instead of doing the missions, because they are getting bored.

Hoping they get a little more exciting

I'm at about 9% too.

Taking me a long time because I just keep stealing cars and driving around to take in the sights.

I still get lost as hell though without using a map/waypoint but i'm directionally challenged in real life too :D

Back