Goat's MSI Z87 MPOWER thread

TheGoat Eater

[H]ard|Gawd

I have been testing the MSI Z87 MPOWER and I am getting used to the BIOS - so hope to have a lot better results to post soon.
This board is easy to work with and if you have a Z77 MPOWER it really is nice coming from that board to this board in terms of usability and BIOS. I really enjoy the audio of this board when I play BF3 or listen to music (or both at the same time). The board feels solid both in usage and physically, it definitely felt beefier than the past boards I have used on my bench.

Some 4GHz 4670 testing w/ 2133 9-11-10-28 RAM
4%201m.jpg

4%2032m.jpg

4%20multi%20core%20linpack%20ult.jpg

4%20multi%20core%20pi%20ult.jpg

4%20pifast.jpg

4%20ucbench11.jpg

4%20wprime.jpg

5GHz w/ 2600 13-15-15-30
1m.jpg

32m.jpg

pifast.jpg

wprime.jpg

150bclk
150bclk.jpg

What dimms are you using? I'm looking at this board as well. If at all possible could you do a bench comparing your initial OC with 1600 DDR3 settings? That would be awesome!

This mobo looks pretty slick, i been using asus forever now, how would you compare the bios'?
One thing I really love is asus bios layout and I would miss it, but I would highly consider this mobo if I went haswell.

I am eager to get my retail 4770K and see how it does. The 4670 is no doubt more than enough for most stuff I do every day though lol. I am not sure what you mean how would I compare this to ASUS BIOS Rattle, as the last ASUS I had was the Z77 Sabertooth ( and freaking hated it). This bios is similar to the Z77 MPOWER, which was insanely better than the Sabertooth in the BIOS department. Using the ASUS Bios made me want to snap the board in half. The RAM I am using is G.Skill 2133 9-11-10-28 Hynix BFR 4GBx2

Just wondering how you liked it compared to ROG bios, I am coming from a M5G and got a MAX on the way.

The last ROG board I used was the REX, as far as I remember at least... So IDK what to tell you lol

Which of the 2 CPU 8 pin plugs do you use if only using one?
I downloaded the manual but it doesn't specify.

I never knew Haswell motherboards would have more then 32 GB RAM?

Which of the 2 CPU 8 pin plugs do you use if only using one?
I downloaded the manual but it doesn't specify.
The one on this board is nearest to the I/O back panel

I never knew Haswell motherboards would have more then 32 GB RAM?
Should be up to 64GB on most of them

quick question. does this board have the "UEIF" bios? just built a fm2 system for my daughter and really liked the new layout. Im planning on getting 7 larger images and views

MotherboardsM452-1152
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING Intel Z87 Motherboard in a couple weeks (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8041582&Sku=M452-1152)
Yup, Most all of their consumer boards likely have this by now.

I have also been able to get 5GHz on my 4670ES @ 1.28v... though now I am trying to bring up my memory speeds and keep the voltages low

lol i just noticed that my auto correct changed "im planning on getting one of those in a few weeks" to Im planing on getting 7 larger images and views" wierd

How do you manually change the dram voltage in bios?
It doesn't allow me to change it. It only goes up and down of I change dram speed.
It sets 1.35v at ddr3 1600 and 1.664 at ddr3 2133.. Rest of settings are stock.
Probably another setting somewhere that allows you to change it maybe?

Edit NVM had a noob moment, bios is different from my last mobo.

This thing is great so far

Last edited:
Back