GO SFF !! 2.5ghz on my sn45g

paulmofyourhand

[H]ard|Gawd
finally [H] is back up, i couldnt stand how slow the other forums were moving, and now that we have a section directly for SFF'ers , its giong to be badass now (dont worry ill still be @ sfftech)

my main rig:

SN45G v2 (its backkk) 227*11 @1.75v
2500+ barton@2497mhz (no wire mod)
2*256mb TwinX pc3200LL @ 227 - 2.5/3/3/6 (stock voltage, yes i know the vdimm of death deal)
200gb / 80gb - Western Digital!
Chaintech 5900 nu @ 475/900
Sony DRU-120a

im awaiting that damn nvidia 68xx, but if it doesnt come fast enough, ima have to go to the dark side ATI x800

The 6800 won't fit in an SN45. The X800 is a better option anyway:

-less power
-cooler
-faster

I have a similar box but I took the cool and quiet route at 1.45V for my MobileXP at 400mhz.

Well, with the newer video cards, will the power requirements be limiting? I know my 9800 Pro works perfect in my SN41G2, but that seemed to be close to the limit of the 200Watt PSU.

well you could simply get the 250w upgrade psu

I'm trying to get my fsb higher in my SN45G
last i tried i got 220 stable in windows and load/farcry
i could post 225 but its very sketchy getting the cmos to save right, for even at 220 stable I have to change to one thing and then to 220, not all in one big thing or it screws up...

I got copper ramsinks over all the mosfets and ram voltage things and whatnot, and my AS5 might be worn in abit more on the NB with my TT cooler, so I gota try again soon.

the timings are 2-3-2-11 at the crappy auto voltage (2.6V is undervolted too) for all of this, but I was also testing how I could do at 2-2-2-11
before I could only post at 200fsb at 2-2-2, but with the cooler I got to the 210 area at post, and I think 205 into windows...

the Silent X 250w PSU wouldnt give me any better of an OC,
b/c i rigged my shuttle into my koolance tower [wanna see pics? lol] and it used my Forton 350w PSU, and it would only boot into windows with 230fsb, no stability at all

what kind of cooling did you get that oc with? I have a SN45G and a 2500+ that has oc'ed well in the past, but I havent tried it in the shuttle yet.

What fan settings did you use? different fan? heatsinks anywhere? spill it! heh. I'd appreciate it if you let me know, I may just have to be bit by the OC bug again

i used the stock ICE hsf, with a coolermaster 80mm LED fan (2500rpm)
a blue zalman northbridge w/a 60mm (or 70mm, whatever is a stock retial amd fan)mounted on the bottom of the cage blowin directly over the zalman
-cut out the rear honey comb grill
umm... that's it

Cool, that honeycomb was gone the second I got my shuttle heh. I have some Coolermaster 80mm fans sitting around here too actually, just realized that. I may have to play around tonite. :) thanks for the info.

i'd like to see pics

paulmofyourhand said:
the Silent X 250w PSU wouldnt give me any better of an OC,
b/c i rigged my shuttle into my koolance tower [wanna see pics? lol] and it used my Forton 350w PSU, and it would only boot into windows with 230fsb, no stability at all

thebliX said:
thats absolutely the stupidest thing, ive ever seen on the internet.

:rolleyes: WTf is wrong with u? can't u just laugh with every1 else? Geeezzz i know i did. even though i seen people done worse just to get that little ounce of OC'ing on there Processors

Back