GN Special Report: AMD Moves 93% of CPU Sales (Intel vs. AMD 2019 for DIY)

erek

[H]F Junkie
Good movements

"In this report, we're looking at AMD and Intel CPU sales in the DIY enthusiast market by analyzing affiliate sales data for GamersNexus viewers and readers. As described in the video, the nature of such data is that it will be skewed toward an enthusiast audience and toward our recommendations, but we still have enough data to extrapolate an overall trend in the enthusiast segment. Intel still holds majority marketshare, but that doesn't keep a company alive in a segment -- it needs active, fresh sales for cashflow, since old CPU sales don't generate new money (at least, not outside of Enterprise). AMD has moved toward 93% total CPU sales per month in our latest data for November of 2019, leaving Intel with the remaining 7%. We'll look at this plot, average selling price, CPU series by popularity, and more in today's content."

Article: Will be up later, after the video has some time to breathe

I'll pay 2/3 the price for 90% of the performance any day.

Yes, but the delta isn’t even that bad, and that’s only in gaming. Ryzen is absolutely wrecking Intel in every other conceivable category. That said, it’ll be interesting what Jim Keller is able to do at Intel with Intel’s R&D budget to try to beat himself at his own game.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Sounds clickbaity, but I'd have to see where the data comes from.

Sounds clickbaity, but I'd have to see where the data comes from.

The data is from their affiliate click-throughs, so it only reflects their readers/viewers that actually click their links.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
The data is from their affiliate click-throughs, so it only reflects their readers/viewers that actually click their links.

Far more likely in this case to click the AMD click through with your shiny new AMD CPU I would imagine. I don't doubt that there has been a noticeable increase in sales with DIYers, but all of the players have essentially made it impossible to tell.

Far more likely in this case to click the AMD click through with your shiny new AMD CPU I would imagine. I don't doubt that there has been a noticeable increase in sales with DIYers, but all of the players have essentially made it impossible to tell.

They even say that in the video, hey we're telling our listeners and readers that AMD has the best price/product available right now, it's going to skew the results. The other thing they said is that they have thousands of data points, which isn't a whole lot when you're looking at over all sales figures and this is just reflective of their small subset of the enthusiast community.

The title of this news post should reflect that this is only for their readers/viewers.

Back