GN: Recap of MSI Controversy News & "Scalping" Claims

I wonder if errors like this are what shifted gpus by the case thru 3rd party sellers higher than msrp during the various mining crazes.
I think nvidia should publicly put the smack down, MSI should scapegoat whoever let inventory shift, then we can all go back to hitting F5.

Ahh, it's funny, people actually think nvidia msi, etc, etc really care, lol. They are selling every card they are making, which means profits. Sure they want to maintain some level of good faith with gamers but really, as can be seen, they aren't going to put much effort forth to actually fix the problems as they are still selling everything out regardless. Good on EVGA for putting in at least some sort of wait queue for people who signed up for notifications. At least that will give them a buying window where they are the only one with the active link, probably took them all of 4 hours time to implement and 2 hours of testing, something this simple (that can give regular folks a fighting chance) yet no other manufacturer has even tried, lol. They just dump them off to the first person/group waiving cash, and I guess they figured if there are people waiving more cash on ebay, why not get the entire profit instead of selling it to a scalper, might as well sell it direct to consumers! :).

Reactions: Mylex
like this
Ahh, it's funny, people actually think nvidia msi, etc, etc really care, lol. They are selling every card they are making, which means profits. Sure they want to maintain some level of good faith with gamers but really, as can be seen, they aren't going to put much effort forth to actually fix the problems as they are still selling everything out regardless. Good on EVGA for putting in at least some sort of wait queue for people who signed up for notifications. At least that will give them a buying window where they are the only one with the active link, probably took them all of 4 hours time to implement and 2 hours of testing, something this simple (that can give regular folks a fighting chance) yet no other manufacturer has even tried, lol. They just dump them off to the first person/group waiving cash, and I guess they figured if there are people waiving more cash on ebay, why not get the entire profit instead of selling it to a scalper, might as well sell it direct to consumers! :).
Way too much truth in the post, dial it back some. I still have money to spend I don't need another brand making me remove them from my options.

TL;DW GN Steve said something... it might have been useful... it's there somewhere....

(that was humor.... btw....)

Believe me, I'm laughing.

The screen captures hidden in a spoiler in my post at the other site merely substantiate who Starlit Partner is, and their relationship with MSI (they're both one in the same; and Starlit works out of MSI's US location). There's no confusing that, even if Starlit is little more than a shell company.

Also, just in, but not necessarily relevant to this discussion:

[ProShop] Retailer Openly shows status of 3000 Series Orders. Shows Paper Launch

Direct link to the ProShop source behind that.

Got this from my local memory express.

Attachments

• 381BA839-3163-47BC-8065-704D260457A9.jpeg
    381BA839-3163-47BC-8065-704D260457A9.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 0
Back