GN: Intel Arc A750 GPU "Hands-On" + driver issues(update)

My card arrives Monday. It's for Plex and the harshest video gaming would be BlueStacks android games like Clash of Clans. I think I'll be good.

so, what are the advantages of using the a380 for Plex? I'm intrigued and don't mind messing around with new technology, so if its good for plex I'll snag one up.
I can't find one anywhere save for ebay at $269 now though :(

so, what are the advantages of using the a380 for Plex? I'm intrigued and don't mind messing around with new technology, so if its good for plex I'll snag one up.
I can't find one anywhere save for ebay at $269 now though :(
Qucksync if you have an AMD cpu it makes a huge difference and it would add AV1 code and decode.
Currently an unlimited stream Quattro nvida card will set you back a lot more than a $140 Intel gpu. Nvidia locks their gaming GPUs to 2 streams.
Currently Plex does not support AV1 codec but likely will.
AV1 would cut your 264 avi storage space by 2/3.
IF you use an Intel CPU with quicksyc already, it just adds AV1.

My Plex server uses a couple of old L5640s with some crappy Nvidia card (maybe a gt 610)

My Plex server uses a couple of old L5640s with some crappy Nvidia card (maybe a gt 610)
Nvidia GT 610 with 1GB DDR3?
Yeah, this $140 Intel card is not a gaming monster but would would seriously make a difference in Plex, content creation and multimedia.

Nvidia GT 610 with 1GB DDR3?
Yeah, this $140 Intel card is not a gaming monster but would would seriously make a difference in Plex, content creation and multimedia.
Awesome. Now if I can find one in stock...

Back