GMG is giving away XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Awesome game. Anyone that doesn't already have this need to jump all over this!

I did it, although I've already got the game. I'll give it to a lazier person than myself. Great game, although randomly hard if you're a dummy like me.

Did the survey but no game or prompt to connect a playfire account like the blog post described... what am I missing? :) I know they said keys later on the post but it made it sound like I was meant to connect an account in now?

To submit your votes in the Golden Joystick Awards 2014, you must be a registered CVG user. Log in or join now using your Facebook or Twitter details and have your say.

A little to drawn out to get a game. Piss on CVG is how I feel. I don't like getting jacked around on multiple websites and then have to register at the end. Thanks for the link on it though.

Did the survey but no game or prompt to connect a playfire account like the blog post described... what am I missing? :) I know they said keys later on the post but it made it sound like I was meant to connect an account in now?

same here

to all who are asking..

This year's offer includes all existing voters, as well as those who head over to GoldenJoystick.com and cast their votes between now and the day we slam the door shut. But please note: you won't be able to claim your game until October 23. So don't try.

Before you head off and cast your votes, here are the super important bullet points:

*All voters (including existing voters) will be able to claim their free copy once voting has ended.

*Voters will be directed to the free game giveaway site and from the 23rd of October using the email address you voted with, you will need to sign-up to Playfire (and link to Steam) in order to receive a verification email and game code.

*The offer is "while stock lasts" and you'll have to be over 18 to claim.

*Regular CVG readers will remember that last year this promotion nuked our servers from orbit. We've significantly increased our infrastructure since then, but please bear with us if you experience any problems.

i've voted just to see if i win and can give away this game to my bro.. =)..

It's like 18 question or something some of the stuff I voted on I never played but I heard was good.

Just got the email today with the code. Had to create an account, verify email and then sign into steam to get my code. Successfully activated.

me too.. have just received an email to redeem the key...

So much fucking information harvesting and hoops to jump through. Thank you for the link, but no thank you.

I did all of that two weeks ago. I have it linked, i have both accounts, etc.

it just wont work.

Figures, after probably 2 years in my backlog, I've actually got my first serious playthrough going.

I did all of that two weeks ago. I have it linked, i have both accounts, etc.

it just wont work.

you don't received the email?.. i got the key through an email.. probably the emails will be distributed through the day...

So when I link my steam account to gmg/playfire, what kind of information of mine will they be capable of receiving? Enough to warrant giving me a "free" game?

when you do that steam only allow access to redeem keys and/or activate products.. they just send the key to your steamID, steam activate it for you... so yes it warrant any free game or any other thing.. thats how it work any page that give key in that way (like humble bundle for example) just to avoid "smart" people to redeem a great amount of keys and then start to sell it =D..

when you do that steam only allow access to redeem keys and/or activate products.. they just send the key to your steamID, steam activate it for you... so yes it warrant any free game or any other thing.. thats how it work any page that give key in that way (like humble bundle for example) just to avoid "smart" people to redeem a great amount of keys and then start to sell it =D..

ok. thanks

Hmmm... got it, but weren't the keys supposed to be sent a week later? Early release?

My buddy says that he didn't get a key yet. Did everyone get their key already?

Well it's a long and tedious process, but I got my key instantly. Talk about data mining...

The key was sent immediately after I was done with the voting. A code was sent via email and i just redeemed it on steam. 9.2 gb d/l

I'm so out of touch with my Steam library that I almost went through this shit without realizing I already owned it.

Well it's a long and tedious process, but I got my key instantly. Talk about data mining...

Heh... not to mention the link up to Playfire client if you want the 80% coupon for Enemy Within dlc. I wanted it... so now they have my steam account linked up. Meh.

This process was completely f'd up. I never got a key and I have no idea why. Not worth messing with.

They just announced that they've received more keys to give out and extended this until Oct 24.

Back