gmail spam 1000x increase. How do I get rid of them

Hashiriya415

Limp Gawd
so everyone once in a one while I need to check Spam to see if any important email is in there. I used to get probably 10 spams a year. Now its 1000 a month. I can't use my email spam folder anymore. Anyone know any way to get this fixed? any way to really block them, or find the source or send them a virus to kill them. I feel like its probably a single person that caused this because it happened overnight. I might have replied to some too good to be true deals on craigslist and shortly after that it started.

I think you might need to add AddBlock Plus or others to your browser...I use adblock plus, malware bytes browser guard, and duck duck go privacy essentials as normal...then put browser in private mode or use VPN if anything spooks me. I have been on protonmail mail server for years, but starting to migrate over as my primary as well as using duckduckgo to get all these folks out of my chili. Now, I am not sure what happened to you, but I basically ignore my spam and only check it if I am awaiting something specific. Maybe also consider creating a "trading/buying" email account to add some distance between you and others. I do think it is easy enough for someone to add an email account to receive the junk you are getting, but I think it is also easy to just ignore it.

I think you might need to add AddBlock Plus or others to your browser...I use adblock plus, malware bytes browser guard, and duck duck go privacy essentials as normal...then put browser in private mode or use VPN if anything spooks me. I have been on protonmail mail server for years, but starting to migrate over as my primary as well as using duckduckgo to get all these folks out of my chili. Now, I am not sure what happened to you, but I basically ignore my spam and only check it if I am awaiting something specific. Maybe also consider creating a "trading/buying" email account to add some distance between you and others. I do think it is easy enough for someone to add an email account to receive the junk you are getting, but I think it is also easy to just ignore it.
Now imagine while you are waiting to see something specific for days and every day you get 50 emails in that junk folder. It's not easy to find something buried in 200 emails if you check after 4 days.

Now imagine while you are waiting to see something specific for days and every day you get 50 emails in that junk folder. It's not easy to find something buried in 200 emails if you check after 4 days.

Search works in the spam folder also. If you are waiting for something "specific", then you should have at least some "specific" terms that you can search for.

It's annoying to sift through spam but this is a tiny amount of email to skim through. Maybe I'm calloused from my insane work email volume and my Hotmail email that's 24 years old.

Back