Gmail Problem

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
So since about a week ago any email I get (Incoming or outgoing) goes to my inbox.

For example,

If you send me an email it will come into my inbox (Email #1), then i'll reply (Email #2), then you'll reply to me (#3). I will have 3 new emails in my inbox. Before I would just get notifications from incoming email (#1 and #3 in the example).

Anyone know what's causing this and how to stop it?

I think that fixed it. I never turned it on so i'm not sure what switched it.

Thanks.

Nevermind. It fixed it for an email I sent but now it got a notification for the second reply I sent.

Gmail has the option to "not" use conversation view? Wow, I never knew that. That was one of the main reasons I switched from Hotmail back in 2004. I could never imagine using Gmail any differently. :p

OP, I suggest you suck it up and give it a try. Get with the times, the way Gmail presents your emails is so much more organized and efficient!

No I think I have the same issue he does and I don't think its ever happened before. Example: I get email from my mom (1 new email notification for that). I send reply (1 new email notification for that). I don't remember gmail ever doing that. I dont think I should be getting a notification for a message I sent.

Edit: Are you using any labs that an update could have caused it? I have a few enabled.

Last edited:
Same thing has happened to me today, but never before. Weird.
re: labs, I only have 3 enabled (Default text styling, Green robot, Undo send), so it's definitely not labs.

Ohh are you speaking of the Gmail Notifier application?

Back