Gmail Outage Hits 'Small Subset of Users'

HardOCP News

[H] News
While the Google news outage yesterday had no impact on me, I was among the small subset of Gmail users that had email issues all morning. How many of you had problems with Gmail today?

Gmail was unavailable Thursday morning for what Google said was a "small subset of users," the latest outage from a company that prides itself in running advanced computing systems. On the Google Apps status dashboard, the company said at 7:29 a.m. PDT that it was aware of the problem. However, using IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) to access e-mail through software such as Outlook or Thunderbird still works, the company said.

Nope, been sending emails all morning and not a single problem.

All morning I was seeing "Unable to retrieve Contact list" or something along those lines when I would hop on...

No problem here. In fact I was setting up my new phone with various Google apps yesterday. Went without a hitch.

Problems here, everyone i know was effected. Is google saying i don't know many people?

I only had issues with my contacts, but chat is blocked at work, so I couldn't care less.

Issues +1 for me. Everybody at my office was panicking saying "oh no, they blocked gtalk!!!" since our office has been on a website blocking binge lately. Luckily, false alarm.

a few domains that i use (work/personal) that use gmail were all down this morning, then i was not able to get contact lists, but everything is back up

Problem here too.

All day very slow and problems with contac list.
Still bad at 8:45 GMT

I had no problems with my personal account or my school's Gmail-powered account.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

My mom was unable to access her gmail allday today till a few hours ago. Mine seems to be doing ok.

I had email access but not contacts or chat all day until around 2 or so. It was annoying.

Back