Gmail account issue

Just logged onto my Gmail today from my computer (normally check it from iPhone) and i get a notice saying my account was accessed from S. Korea 4 days ago, i'm not sure what happened due to that, if anything, and what I should do as far as reporting it, since it seems they already know, and what I should do to avoid it. Cause lots of accounts are registered to that email, i.e. my WoW account, among other games, and Xbox live, bank, etc etc. so i'm a lil worried, what should I do ?

and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this kind of question, I searched for about 20min trying to make sure i picked the right sub-forum to post in, and this seemed to be the best fit.

My Google account to hit also, logged in and google had disabled it. I went through and change the pass

Change your password now.

Actually, don't just change your password for google.

Change your password for everything serious (e.g. banking, etc).

I cannot think of a good reason why there would be a S. Korean IP on your account unless you are using Tor or some other strange proxy system.

In the future, use https://gmail.com to connect. It is more secure than the http:// connection

Also, read this:

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2010/03/detecting-suspicious-account-activity.html

that was the first thing i did before i even posted this thread, went through and changed all my passwords, and then I just changed them again just to make sure...and no, i'm not using any special proxy's or anything, I just connect with a wireless adapter on a non-secured wireless network (just moved in with my GF and she never knew how to set up the WEP/WAP keys and I haven't had a chance myself) powered by Comcast intarweb.....this is the 2nd time in less then a week I've been notified of being hacked. I went to add time to my WoW account so I could start playing again after not playing for over a year and come to find out that someone Hacked my account, took all 3 of my Characters Gold,items, etc.......bunch of savages in this town ! never been hacked my entire life, and all the sudden twice in one week...."Did you see what God just did to me man" ! lol

Go over your filters with a fine tooth comb, you could have a re-direct rule in place that is still sending email to someone else that matches certain criteria such as 'has attachment'

that was the first thing i did before i even posted this thread, went through and changed all my passwords, and then I just changed them again just to make sure...and no, i'm not using any special proxy's or anything, I just connect with a wireless adapter on a non-secured wireless network (just moved in with my GF and she never knew how to set up the WEP/WAP keys and I haven't had a chance myself) powered by Comcast intarweb.....this is the 2nd time in less then a week I've been notified of being hacked. I went to add time to my WoW account so I could start playing again after not playing for over a year and come to find out that someone Hacked my account, took all 3 of my Characters Gold,items, etc.......bunch of savages in this town ! never been hacked my entire life, and all the sudden twice in one week...."Did you see what God just did to me man" ! lol

Yea, you have been compromised somehow.

Did you have the same pass for WoW and gmail?

You need to monitor you bank/credit info for the next few months IMO.

And get a WPA router.

Yeah also make sure there's absolutely no infection on your machine anywhere before you change your passwords, or just change everything again after doing so, because if someone has a key logger on there then they'll just get them again.

Not saying that's the case here and It can be a pain to do have to do that but better safe than sorry. Roboform is really nice for holding them all with a little encryption. Then you can also use long random characters for everything and just set a master pass that you remember to control them all. If you go that route just make sure to always backup the main folder that all your keys are stored in.

Last edited:
Yea, you have been compromised somehow.

Did you have the same pass for WoW and gmail?

You need to monitor you bank/credit info for the next few months IMO.

And get a WPA router.

I had a different log-in name for WoW but i use the same password for most things, I just cancelled my online banking and my credit and Debit cards, and I'm just gonna start a new email and all that

and also I've gone through my computer several times, and ran several different types of anti-virus, malware, spyware, etc, and nothing came up.

Back