GM Factory Robots Wrapping Christmas Presents

That's ok. The wrapping will peel off a few miles outside of warranty since they didn't bother to use the correct primer undercoat and then tell you sorry about it being out of warranty.

Those elves look really fucking happy that they have to take time out of their lives doing this damn commercial..

santa knows better then to drive an american car.

how embarrassing

the last frame, where a asian looking worker is holding the present... does not look that happy...

So glad my tax money was sunk into this company's stock, whereupon it lost a good deal of its value and therefore will never be fully paid back.

sigh.. politics again.

Robots wrapping gifts people! Robots! Wrapping! Welding boxes! Elves! Naked Mrs. Claus!

Tell me again why the US government had to bail out this company?

Bailout money hard at work.

So glad my tax money was sunk into this company's stock, whereupon it lost a good deal of its value and therefore will never be fully paid back.

For Real! stuff like this is absurd. Waste money on some guy who apparently makes way too and has too much free time. I am not anti Christmas at all but if the waste money like that then its only a drop in the bucket.

Only a matter of time before GM blows up again.

They are back to their old tricks including "channel stuffing"

So... does GM still owe the govt money? No? That's what I though.

You "though" wrong. They still owe tens of billions for the devaluation of the stock. We did not get back what we gave them.

Umm...yes. GM does owe the government money. $27.2 billion (as of Sept 2012).
The government in its brilliance and desire to control, took equity instead giving GM loans.

GM doesn't 'owe' anything technically. The government stands to loose approx $12 billion overall by current estimates of the current plan.

Now you may believe GM should makeup the shortfall. But that decision is purely optional by the people in at the Wallstreet level who make those decisions for GM. So don't hold your breath.

Oh, you mean how GM had to pay back like $7 bil loan to the government. The way they achieved this was by using the other $14 bil escrow acct the US government setup. Their goal was to get rid of that $7 bil loan, so they can get a $10 bil loan from DoE to retool their plants.

Sure, GM doesn't have to buy back the shares, but it doesn't mean they still don't owe the government money.

The SkribbelTech BahHumBug-2000 Christmas Grumpies Detector is going off like crazy in this thread. Then again, anything that might vaguely involve a government brings weird people out. :(

Back