Global Agenda; how is it?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
Some of my friends are playing it and saying it's better than WoW, what say you?

a lot different than WoW or other traditional MMORPG's...more along the line of APB. But you can download and play it for free to some extent so why not go check it out? Wasn't my cup of tea really, but I'm not big on FPS/shooter games

When I played the beta - I felt is was very very similar to TF2... but I am just referring to the PVP part. Not really sure what else there is too it tbh, but I think that was because a lot of the stuff was restricted in the beta.

Since they patched in Sandstorm, its almost a totally different game, for the better! LOTS more content, more free-roaming stuff, gear etc... and best of all NO subscription fees. Its taking the Guild Wars model where from now on major expansions will be like $20-30 and no subs!

Right now the game key (including Sandstorm) is like $20 on Steam - if you enjoy FPS and TPS, buy it. Its one of the best and totally unlike anything out there. Its still not to "Planetside" levels of openness and customization, but its a strong second best.

Quite poor. Reminded me a lot of Battlefield Heroes in terms of gameplay, except a little clunkier.

There's a free trial that's gives you unlimited play time up to level 15.

Thanks for quoting this. I found the quoted article to be hilarious and can only assume the writer has a personal vendetta against either the devs or the distributor of this game.

Boycotting a game because of the lack of eyefinity = amateurish fail.

LOL isn't that the same reason DICE gave for not initially having BF wide-screen?

I think it is. I really have to try digging out the link for the article that Kyle wrote back then when he asked everyone to boycott BF2. Oh wait..... HE DIDN'T.

Yeah.....like i said...selective boycotting is teh w1n.

My friend described this game as a futuristic world of warcraft.

As it has been explained numerous times, it wasn't that they didn't support eyefinity/surround gaming (BF2 came out before, GA after eyefinity), it was they worked to take it OUT and disable it. That's the whole point.

My friend described this game as a futuristic world of warcraft.

I kind of disagree with your friend. It's all based off of instances and maps. There is only 1 "town" and it's super small. Not nearly as expansive as wow. The game right now just feels really hollow and still very much in beta.

I kind of disagree with your friend. It's all based off of instances and maps. There is only 1 "town" and it's super small. Not nearly as expansive as wow. The game right now just feels really hollow and still very much in beta.

You obviously have not played after the last update.

I agree that's it's not like wow but it's also not just one town anymore and not super small anymore either. Also not hollow (unless all MMOs are hollow) and not so much in beta anymore.

You obviously have not played after the last update.

I agree that's it's not like wow but it's also not just one town anymore and not super small anymore either. Also not hollow (unless all MMOs are hollow) and not so much in beta anymore.

Last I played was about 3 weeks ago. I was not impressed at all. I checked out the new desert area, just felf hollow to me. Have things changed that much?

I should mention that without an "Agency" (Guild), you're missing some of the best content. Guilds literally own "land" in special Agency vs Agency areas, claiming hexes and defending them down on the TPS level. There are also special facilities that exist on certain plots of land that give your guild bonuses and are highly desirable, as well as facilities that you can construct on land that your guild owns - provided you can hold it! They have a really nice "continent locked" system too so that your guild doesn't loose all its holdings when you go to bed and the players on the other side of the world can run in unopposed. Agency-level gameplay will give you fast access to the tokens for the highest tier of epic equipment and there are some items you can only get through winning/buying while you hold points of interest on the map.

I really have to commend the dev team for improving everything, and even having the maturity to basically never collect subscription fees they planned on,and instead move to another model. Players asked for more variety in weapons and more open-area MMO features - they gave them just that! Compare this to APB which seems to be stagnant and rooted in hubris.

You obviously havent played past level 15 if you think it is anything like WoW. Not an insult, just that the gameplay changed significantly once you are REQUIRED to only do pvp and instanced pve for experience and any gear upgrades.

They added a newbie zone in the update that lets you level in a day to 15 and gives you all of the basic gear to go along with it but after that its straight PvP for the real experience (both levels and fun factor) or a shitty grind through a pve instance with people that usually drop out at the final boss leaving you with a waste 10-15min of your time.

The PvP is very similiar to TF2, but NOT a copy of TF2, those modes have been in countless games all the way back to tribes 1. It really is like an instanced tribes 1 game with some basic weapon upgrades / skill point choices to go along with it. Ive enjoyed it, for $30 its not too bad and I have had a good time in the PvP maps.

My biggest complaint is that the UI is bare and un-alterable as far as I can tell. It would also be amazing if we could replace people that leave in pve instances, provided there is time remaining. Half of the time 1-2 people leave before the instance even starts.

Do mobs actually drop items in now? I thought it was kinda stupid how they would only drop materials, and the boss was the only thing that dropped anything like armor/weapon.

I think it is. I really have to try digging out the link for the article that Kyle wrote back then when he asked everyone to boycott BF2. Oh wait..... HE DIDN'T.

Yeah.....like i said...selective boycotting is teh w1n.

Selective reading for "teh w1n".

Try reading the article.

R2ight now, Global Agenda is 29.99 (NO Sub fees!) but I just got a notification that I have coupons that give 15% off the price for my referrals (I get a funny hat if I get 5 referrals - full disclosure)! So if you were thinking of giving it a try anyway, just PM me for a coupon! You'll need to buy it on the official website store, not Steam direct (its the same price) but buying it from there will give you an activation key you can put into Steam, where you'll download the full game and have all the benefits of the Steam community!

Posting ight now -

GACOU214858352900
GACOUELLIPSYS36370
GACOU214858352902
GACOUELLIPSYS36371
GACOU214858352901
GACOUELLIPSYS36372

Each only has one use, so register soon! I'll have more if they get used up!

Go: http://www.globalagendagame.com/thegame_shop.html

To buy and input my code. Problem or not showing the 15% off? Let me know!

Last edited:
I've just hit 30 on my second character and I am REALLY enjoying the game. I always get hit hard by the weird ones so it may not be for everyone but my 2c is to try it out at the very least

Game's fine, i've been watching it since release. I don't like PvP very much, but PvE missions is fine too. )) Maybe even more rewarding than PvP.

Back