Glitterbomb 3.0 Porch Pirates 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely group of people in that video... The bong at the end was a nice touch.

sometimes i wish this guy took a page out of the unabomber's playbook. I hate porch pirates. scum of the earth.

sounds like just some of them were faked in the first one without the creators knowledge and that he removed those fakes? or was it more?
In the original 1.0 video, he had people on YouTube or from his community volunteer to help spread the packages on their porches around the country. Apparently some of them let their friends open them and he didn't know they did that until after the original 1.0 video went up. So, yeah, people are blowing this way out of proportion, but you know it is the Internet after all.

Here's what he said about the situation.

Note about 2 missing the reactions in the video (I posted this on all my social channels immediately after it happened)- I was presented with information that caused me to doubt the veracity of 2 of the 5 reactions in the video. These were reactions that were captured during a two week period while the device was at house 2 hours away from where I live. I put a feeler out for people willing to put a package on their porch and this person (who is a friend of a friend) volunteered to help. To compensate them for their time and willingness to risk putting a package on their porch I offered financial compensation for any successful recoveries of the package. It appears (and I've since confirmed) in these two cases, the “thieves" were actually acquaintances of the person helping me. From the footage I received from the phones which intentionally only record at specific times, this wasn’t clear to me. I have since removed those reactions from the original video (originally 6:26-7:59). I’m really sorry about this. Ultimately, I am responsible for the content that goes on my channel and I should have done more here. I can vouch for that the reactions were genuine when the package was taken from my house. Having said that, I know my credibility is damaged but I encourage you to look at the types of videos I’ve been making for the past 7 years. This is my first ever video with some kind of “prank" and like I mentioned in the video, it’s pretty removed from my comfort zone and I should have done more. I’m especially gutted because so much thought, time, money and effort went into building the device and I hope this doesn’t just taint the entire effort as “fake". It genuinely works (like all the other things I’ve built on my channel) and we’ve made all the code and build info public. Again, I’m sorry for putting something up on my channel that was misleading. That is totally on me and I will take all necessary steps to make sure it won’t happen again.

sometimes i wish this guy took a page out of the unabomber's playbook. I hate porch pirates. scum of the earth.
Well, they don't deserve to die, but they do deserve jail time, community service & stiff fine. I would have put waaaaay more of that skunk piss in there.

If I were the judge, I'd make em deliver packages 12 hours a day for a month, no weekends off and no pay.

Any wrongfully delivered or stolen package would add another month to their community service.

Oh, and they would have to wear Grinch costumes.

Last edited:
Didn't we conclude that this guys stuff was faked?

Edit:
Never mind. I see this was already addressed.

Didn't we conclude that this guys stuff was faked?

I was thinking that due to the legality of this the answer was yes, but maybe not. The first time someone copycats this and causes serious injury or death, that guy and his channel will be the first to hear about it.

Last edited:
Well, they don't deserve to die, but they do deserve jail time, community service & stiff fine. I would have put waaaaay more of that skunk piss in there.

If I were the judge, I'd make em deliver packages 12 hours a day for a month, no weekends off and no pay.

Any wrongfully delivered or stolen package would add another month to their community service.

Yeah, a death sentence seems a bit extreme for petty theft.

That said, if the device pepper-sprayed the perps, I'd be OK with it.

dVDJiez.gif

Oh, and they would have to wear Grinch costumes.
just maiming. the mother and son talking about it feeling good to steal was just abhorrent. and looking at some of their homes, outside of the filth, you can see this was not the first package they pirated.

You want to deter package thieves use a bomb, do a couple dozens of those in a year and people will start to think twice about stealing stuff not theirs.
Or have your package shipped to secured location.

Last edited:
Glitter seems too nice. I'd prefer to spray neverseize and food dye everywhere.
Not only that, its fancy pants "bio degradable". Screw that, use the lead based stuff! Buncha sissies!

They should have set it up to a compressed air canon, so when it opens, it shoots glitter everywhere! Places where you find glitter next Christmas to remind you that you're a scumbag.

Glitter seems too nice. I'd prefer to spray neverseize and food dye everywhere.

While I get the sentiment that you hate these guys, I think the goal here is to make them think twice and not to ruin their home and belongings. Not tough love, but possibly enough. Glitter can be cleaned up and fart smell goes away.

Ohhhh, great Idea!

Instead of spinning glitter, you could wind up a Flail on a tensioner, so when they open it, it brains them! I like you're style.
or more old testament. folding blades spin out. losing fingers/hands. in some parts of the world, dont they still chop your hands off for stealing?

or more old testament. folding blades spin out. losing fingers/hands. in some parts of the world, dont they still chop your hands off for stealing?
Yes, yes they do. I've even heard of some countries chopping the hands off of people who eat with the same hand they whip their ass with. We should adopt this policy as well. You steal something, you lose your hand. Simple and effective. Though, for a period we'd have ALOT of one handed people walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back