Glitches in Hardforum text editor only with Firefox and Yosemite

evilsofa

[H]F Junkie
Image 1:

cywfoWb.png

Image 2:

irG54OS.png

I've just upgraded my Mac from Mavericks to Yosemite, and I am now seeing the artifacting in the above pictures. That happens when I press return after typing some text in the Hardforum text editor. It always happens in the first four lines of the editor window, as seen in image 1. It may or may not appear in lower lines, and sometimes there are vertical glitches too, as seen in image 2. Moving the cursor over the area makes the glitches disappear.

It occurs only in Hardforum's post text editor - not Slashdot's or Fark's post text editors; I don't seem to be a member on any other vBulletin forums or I would test one. Also, it occurs only in Firefox, not Safari, or any other application that edits text.

In Yosemite's preferences, toggling LCD Font Smoothing on or off and restarting does not fix it. Neither does toggling on or off the translucency UI effect that is new to Yosemite.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

That could be the ATI/amd text driver issue with FF. Turn off hard acceleration in FF and see if it goes away, that's the old fix.. Check out mozillazine forums for a fix.

"Use hardware acceleration when available" in Firefox's General preferences is already turned off. This is on a late 2012 Mac Mini using Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Back