Glitch Screws Destiny Players Out Of Raid World Record

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you play Destiny you probably know that these guys were the first team to defeat the Wrath of the Machine raid when it first came out. Well, it seems as though the gang's attempt at being the first to beat the raid on Hard Mode was foiled by a well known glitch when one member went too far ahead of the team (skip ahead in the video to the 24 minute mark). The setback ended up costing them precious time and two other teams beat the raid before they did.

Hard to feel too much sympathy if it's a "well known glitch" - they shoulda been more careful.

I never understood the Leeroy Kenkins thing... even after watching explanation videos... I mean, it was unfortunate, but why such a funny/popular thing?

I never understood the Leeroy Kenkins thing... even after watching explanation videos... I mean, it was unfortunate, but why such a funny/popular thing?

The Leeroy Jenkins video was funny because way back in the day, that was a very hard area of content. So typically as a group, you'd take a moment to rest after the previous boss and gather everyone up, make sure everyone's good to go, spells ready, knows what to do, etc. Often times, accidentally, someone would trigger the dragon whelps which kicked off a huge chain reaction which would end up wiping the group. All because of one person messing up a little.

Imagine a SWAT team getting ready to enter a building. Everyone's putting on their vests, getting their guns and ammo/shield ready to go, talking about how they're going to go in and who's going to cover what angles, etc. Then one guy from the SWAT team jumps up, starts running towards the front door screaming, LEEEERRROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS (or whatever) and kicks it in. The humor usually comes from the absurdity of the serious situation being completely undercut by someone being a moron, nullifying the hard work/concentration of the group.

The Leeroy Jenkins video was funny because way back in the day, that was a very hard area of content. So typically as a group, you'd take a moment to rest after the previous boss and gather everyone up, make sure everyone's good to go, spells ready, knows what to do, etc. Often times, accidentally, someone would trigger the dragon whelps which kicked off a huge chain reaction which would end up wiping the group. All because of one person messing up a little.

Imagine a SWAT team getting ready to enter a building. Everyone's putting on their vests, getting their guns and ammo/shield ready to go, talking about how they're going to go in and who's going to cover what angles, etc. Then one guy from the SWAT team jumps up, starts running towards the front door screaming, LEEEERRROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS (or whatever) and kicks it in. The humor usually comes from the absurdity of the serious situation being completely undercut by someone being a moron, nullifying the hard work/concentration of the group.

Good synopsis! I loved raiding in Everquest 2 (first one also, much bigger raid groups, 100's of people) and ran many myself. I think Leroy was so funny because you always had one moron in the group/raid that did this. On accident, due to lag or well, just being a moron, most of the time it was maddening but occasionally...LEEROYY JEENNNKINS. We had some hour long raid fights - although those were usually due to us under geared but over skilled - that were awesome. 6 people running around grabbing sparkly things or whatever in the right order, 6 people healing but oh you can't heal during certain times or that actually does damage! 6 people staring at walls and 6 people doing damage, but wait, you can only do damage if you walk through this light and this time on this platform with this item you picked up GOD KNOWS WHERE!

EQ2 had the best raids.

A lot of people still play...still one of the highest most stream games on Twitch. Been playing since alpha.

I was an Alpha player as well . . Had over 30 days logged in on PS4 before I quit . As soon as they added the "cosmetic " microtransactions (read: Everest Trading ). . I quit and never logged in again.

I was an Alpha player as well . . Had over 30 days logged in on PS4 before I quit . As soon as they added the "cosmetic " microtransactions (read: Everest Trading ). . I quit and never logged in again.

Supposedly the game got better once they actually added a story via DLC. I would look up to see what the actual story line is now, but I don't have the energy to not have the energy to know about the story.

Back