GK104 = GTX 680 (confirmed), paper launching soon [SA]

I bet the new graphics cards from Nvidia will not force AMD to lower prices. Just my luck, I was planning to finally upgrade my desktop computer (which I have not done since 2006!) this summer and now graphics cards and especially hard drives are much more expensive than usual.

2006 we had the $600 8800 GTX. At least that was ground breaking performance of course.

You can still just interpolate and see that it looks to be just shy of 60fps

You actually can't, because you can tell the end of the bar has been clipped off by the shading.

I mean, it's expected that the 680 is faster in BF3 but it's odd that that's the only result that is cut off in all of those graphs.

mcHWN.png

The bandwidth is almost exactly the same as all of the 580's Ive seen.....Im pretty sure mine is about the same..will have to look tonight but that number looks very familiar..

The bandwidth is almost exactly the same as all of the 580's Ive seen.....Im pretty sure mine is about the same..will have to look tonight but that number looks very familiar..

It's all real... :). Whole review and slide deck is now out there.

Thats correct, it has the same bandwidth as GTX580. Faster mem speed but smaller bus (256 bit).

interesting.....here is a 580 ....Im still saying its fake and chopped from a 580 screen shot

92Eog.jpg

Its been said for a couple weeks now that it will have the same bandwidth as GTX580, meaning in eyefinity resolutions it will probably get creamed by 7 series (if you care about failfinity) aswell as only having 2GB.. but on single displays up to 1600p it will be faster by the looks of it. Looks to be a great card for 120hz, 1440p and 1600p users.

Hope the 6 series has a displayport, tired of searching for Nvidia cards that has a native dp outlet for my dp only monitor.

Its been said for a couple weeks now that it will have the same bandwidth as GTX580, meaning in eyefinity resolutions it will probably get creamed by 7 series (if you care about failfinity) aswell as only having 2GB.. but on single displays up to 1600p it will be faster by the looks of it. Looks to be a great card for 120hz, 1440p and 1600p users.

I admittedly have not been keeping up, but I thought it was all still rumors at this point.....Ill be glad when its finally out so we can see what the real deal is...although I'm probably not buying anything for a while anyway..... my 580 is holding its own for the games I play

I admittedly have not been keeping up, but I thought it was all still rumors at this point.....Ill be glad when its finally out so we can see what the real deal is...although I'm probably not buying anything for a while anyway..... my 580 is holding its own for the games I play

Yes its all rumors to this point, but all have said the same mem bandwidth among other things liek shader counts in the specs.

Nice card, but how they can say it's a budget card when it costs £430? :( It's certainly no GTX 560ti replacement, as it isn't even in the same price bracket. It's not even close.

I've been scratching my head over this also. When did midrange suddenly jump to $500 USD?

For now it is the high end card until they release their faster card so is priced accordingly. I'm waiting for the real high end cards to be released sometime this summer.

Nice card, but how they can say it's a budget card when it costs £430? :( It's certainly no GTX 560ti replacement, as it isn't even in the same price bracket. It's not even close.

The GTX 680 ranges from a bit less than twice as fast to over four times as fast as a GTX 560 Ti. Why on earth do you expect them to be even close on price?

Back