Gigabyte z77x ud3h bootloop corrupted bios repair? RMA?

d50man

2[H]4U
I have an 3570k CM HYPER 212 1stick 4gb ddr3 AX850 psu on right now it goes post code db, then restarts, then 15, 36, 4F, the goes really fast 96.... then reboots.

Can I buy a usb bios programmer and soic8 clip to fix the bios (and learning the required software) or should I just RMA the gigabyte service (not under warranty) AND WAIT 2 WEEKS

Both bios are hosed at this point but all they should need is a flash.

LMK what you guys think I've had no problems until now reducing voltages and speeds for air cooling instead of water.

Probably easiest thing is just buy a bios chip from fleabay or something like that unless you are trying to learn a new skill or something instead of just get it up and running.

Unless the Bios is soldered onto the motherboard that is...not sure as I don't have the board. If it is, RMA is probably your best bet unless you have solder skills.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It is soldered on and if i purchase another chip will it have the proper serial number and mac address info embedded?

It is soldered on and if i purchase another chip will it have the proper serial number and mac address info embedded?

No idea...I would think the MAC address would be a function of the LAN chip (or wifi) embedded on the board and not the bios. I don't know that the serial number would be part of the bios either as a flash erases the old bios and then writes a new image. A bios update isn't tailored to your personal board and serial number.

I'd probably RMA it personally.

Not really recommended, but for a last ditch effort, you can purposely corrupt the primary BIOS (this is assuming your secondary BIOS is intact) which would force it to boot to the secondary BIOS.

This can be done by switching the system off right after it powers up. Timing can be tricky though.

BOTH BIOSES ARE HOSED, and gigabyte service seems not to want to even try for the $45 fee it would be simple for them with the right tools and software. They could even hot air the bios chip off if needed and program it standalone. I kinda wish it had a standard single bios if it would recover from usb like intel or asus.

Yeah to board is old but the fix is simple with the right knowhow.

Cheapest decent USB programmer is probably the TL866, but even that runs $70-80 shipped. You can check the make of the BIOS chip and see if it is on the compatible list.

yes the chip is compatible with an soic8 clip, i just don't know what it needs software wise. TL866A and soic8 clip on amazon is $75 and $35 from taobao... with indefinite shipping

Yea I bought one of those for around $70 shipped. $80 packages just have more accessories.

have you had success flashing bios chips soldered onboard with it.

Back