Gigabyte Z390 Waterforce

capnstabn

Gawd
I think this is the biggest mobo box I have ever seen. Really wish a review would come out before I open it, as it seems they are being marked up on Newegg now.

IMG_2403.jpg

I love Gigabyte and my Aorus board and I often pay ridiculous amounts for things and yet this seems absurdly overpriced anywhere near MSRP. You can buy the board and a full set of aftermarket blocks and still have enough money to put a CPU in it for what this costs.

Oh, and it's still not even the HEDT platform.

Overpriced. It's cool I suppose, but one can do a lot for the price of that board. Reviews before purchase of an item like this.

I love Gigabyte and my Aorus board and I often pay ridiculous amounts for things and yet this seems absurdly overpriced anywhere near MSRP. You can buy the board and a full set of aftermarket blocks and still have enough money to put a CPU in it for what this costs.

Oh, and it's still not even the HEDT platform.

Ya its certainly high priced. Theres just not any monoblocks available yet on the higher end z390 boards, or if they even sold the Gigabyte monoblock separate it would be cool. I'm actually still looking at the feature list to try and identify the differences between this and the Extreme and what I should do. At worst I'll flip it for a profit if quantities stay low.

Found an unboxing video. I will say its probably one of the best looking monoblocks I have ever seen:

Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still a little jelly. I would rock the fuck out of one if I had it.

The only problem with monoblock designs in watercooling is that they MIGHT cause trouble if you delid your processor (or go direct die) since the changed IHS height after removing the silicon seal might cause contact issues due to the angles. With thte 9900K and 9 series though Delidding becomes less common...Other than that I really like this but my problem is that no matter what it is still a 16X PC-E platform...

Gigabyte, bring this on HEDT now that Asus is on a cheap ass trend with their stuff....hit them hard

The only problem with monoblock designs in watercooling is that they MIGHT cause trouble if you delid your processor (or go direct die) since the changed IHS height after removing the silicon seal might cause contact issues due to the angles. With thte 9900K and 9 series though Delidding becomes less common...Other than that I really like this but my problem is that no matter what it is still a 16X PC-E platform...

Gigabyte, bring this on HEDT now that Asus is on a cheap ass trend with their stuff....hit them hard

Thanks for bringing that up. I actually have a delidded 9900k I plan on using with with the z390 Waterforce, as I have everything in but my fittings. It would be cool to have this on x299.

Dan do you know anyone who has experimented with this board yet?

Probably. Unfortunately, the other reviewers and people that work for various companies don't exactly call me up and talk about these products with me all that often. I also don't know anyone else who is into building computers and PC gaming the way I am. I know plenty of PC gamers but they only care about the hardware when they come looking to build a new machine.

I will say that this is a board that I'd love to get my hands on.

The board has great cooling (even has heatpipes at the back) in the "vanilla" version too without the monoblock and the most efficient VRMs (along with MSI Godlike) out of all Z390 boars. It is also high in price but we should take note of its features that are easily worth $200 if one buys them separately. I am talking about 10Gbit NIC, Thunderbolt and a ton of extra Fan Headers in extra Fan Controllers along with RGB Headers if case modding is something a prospective buyer cares. However, I have not much faith in any motherboard's windows software regarding RGB lighting or Fan Control so the last two should not be the deciding factor when it comes to purchasing this monitor - the NIC & Thunderbolt and lower VRM temps should be.

Yet, the UEFI in Asus is better but I think Gigabyte is also improving lately although for example Memory overclocking is supposedly better on Asus. Finally, I really don't know if it is worth it to spend all this money on a 16 PCI-E platform unless you need the 10Gbit NIC & Thunderbolt 3.0 with the added bonus of lower operating temps especially if you have less than ideal airflow in a trendy case such as the Evolv-X (I have it for my upcoming build).

Are there any fitment issues with say a RTX titan or big Graphics card with this board due to the monoblock?

Are there any fitment issues with say a RTX titan or big Graphics card with this board due to the monoblock?

Please excuse the unfinished build, been working on my runs/wiring today. Clearance over the chipset portion of the block shouldn't be an issue. Get a big case as the RTX cards are freaking massive, and the mobo is EATX. I've seen someone use an 011 Dynamic and it looked pretty good. I'm starting to feel a little cramped in my Enthoo Elite =p.

IMG_2440.jpg
IMG_2439.jpg

Looks great, so far. I really like the cables and white/blue fittings. That is a gorgeous board. Coolant color?

Id really like to have the EVGA or one of the MSI's. But I'm pretty set dude...I need a GPU and upgrade...something that can run 4k better...I have a 2k card.

Looks great, so far. I really like the cables and white/blue fittings. That is a gorgeous board. Coolant color?

Thank you! Mayhems Pastel Pink. I may put a Ryzen 3000 series on a micro atx at the bottom later this year for the wife/kiddo.

Thank you! Mayhems Pastel Pink. I may put a Ryzen 3000 series on a micro atx at the bottom later this year for the wife/kiddo.

The loop is Very Nice and All...But you can save ALOT time with just going BIG AIR. Not to mention safer..no Leak worries like I've went through and killed stuff. there is some good Quiet Fans too.

I love the Mayhems Pastel line of coolants. It is all that I have used in my loops for the past few years. I'm looking forward to seeing the build finished.

I love the Mayhems Pastel line of coolants. It is all that I have used in my loops for the past few years. I'm looking forward to seeing the build finished.

Thats good to hear! I did a bunch of research and it seemed that Mayhems is the most reliable when it comes to colored fluid. I'm hoping to be leak testing by Wednesday if I can get the cables under control. 23 total fans and 11 of them have a separate RGB cable.

Back