Gigabyte Z390 AORUS XTREME LGA 1151 turning itself back on

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
im getting a bit frustrated with this board. It’s been good, but for some reason it keeps turning itself back on after I shutdown the computer. I have also had it lose the bios twice (reset itself). Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I have to turn the psu off to prevent it for right now.

Sounds like its shorting out somewhere. make sure nothing metal is touching the back of the mb. Dbl check your heatsink backplate. Make sure there arent any bent pins. There may be a standoff/screw causing it. Make sure they are all connected properly and arent pushing up on the mb. Look for discoloration of the mb pcb specifically anything that looks burned etc.

A computer turning itself on after turning it off could have to do with windows update so check you are completly up to date.

For the BIOS thing, check that you have the latest version if not try updating.

It's completely up to date. And nothing is shorting. I was able to make it stop if I unplug the network cable from the back. Which I thought that was interesting. I made sure turn off with network or whatever its called is off.

Last edited:
Are any of the io plate tabs bent into the network connection by chance? If so that could be the problem.

Back