Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 experience

stashix

Limp Gawd
Got this board in November together with a 8700k and a 1080ti in November and so far the experience was pretty bad.
Before that I had about 3 ASUS boards and an MSI one from the Athlon XP era.

BIOS is absolutely terrible compared to Asus. No labels anywhere, some settings use arcane inputs you could only figure out with a crystal ball instead of a sensible dropdown menu - how exactly am I supposed to know the LLC levels (which aren't documented in the manual) and that the way you set them is by typing say "T" into a plain textbox and pressing Enter? Who thought this was reasonable?

The plastic shroud over the audio solution interferes with my GPU, so I had to take it down. It's high enough to make installation impossible without excessive force. Ironically my graphics card is also Gigabyte.

Pretty bad EMI on rear headphone jack when the GPU is fully loaded, admittedly that might not be the MB's fault.

Not impressed with my gigabyte z270 gaming 5 itx bios either. The bios seems clunky and there are duplicate entries within multiple menus.

I cannot believe that it was actually released with a bios that would not adjust vcore, I mean is there no QC? With latest bios it over volts with "normal" vcore and that's the only option that allows offset

Oh and dram voltage adjustment sucks. I know software can skew the voltages which is fine but 2 steps have same voltages, check this:
1.38v=1.404
1.37v=1.404
1.36v=1.392
1.35v=1.380
1.34v=1.380
1.33v=1.368
1.32v=1.368

It does seem to work well otherwise but I notice Asus has twice as many Bios updates

My last gigabyte board was ep45 and excellent

Last edited:
Give the Asus Tuf Pro gaming a try. While I have only had it for 12 hours, the build went flawlessly with the added touch of a cpu installation tool. My only complaint is that the Ai3 suite will not launch due to so MS update BS and so hardware monitoring is impossible. The bios is interface is however second to none. I love it. It has been 5 years since my last build and sheesh , it incredible that I can hit nearly 5ghz with one click.

Back