GIGABYTE Z170X-SOC FORCE on the Test Bench

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I am getting the opportunity to play around with GIGABYTE's new SUPER OVERCLOCK Skylake motherboard this weekend. While orange might not be up everyone's alley, the SOC FORCE looks extremely good. It has plenty of features as well, even three M.2 connectors. The OC Touch button setup is nice to use and looks good to boot. The thing has more buttons down on the PCB than any other motherboard I recall; a total of 15! Here is a bunch of eye candy for you.

Good grief! Looks like a beast. Looking forward to this review. Not that I could ever afford it, but ya know.. Love the reading, and drooling. :)

At first I was disgusted by the color scheme, but the more I look at it, the less I consider the designers savages. I'm almost thinking this could use some of that armor like on an Asus board but with some orange highlights, or maybe some orange LED strips...

Now now, don't forget to put the VRMs under water. I see the thread plugs in the blocks :). All features must be tested!

I have the Z97-SOC-Force board and it's been fantastic, looking forward to the Skylake version, they just need to include Non-K overclocking like ASRock, Biostar and SuperMicro do.

This is a beautiful board. The last time I have loved this much orange is on the X79 UD7. These 2 boards are just art. The specs are nice also. I wanted to buy the x79 UD7 just to frame it on my wall.

Only useful if they add PCIe lanes that are not provided by the CPU. However, it is still fun to try new things out. :D

This is a beautiful board. The last time I have loved this much orange is on the X79 UD7. These 2 boards are just art. The specs are nice also. I wanted to buy the x79 UD7 just to frame it on my wall.

Halloween art.................:eek::eek:;)

Seriously though, the color really doesn't matter when the board is stuffed inside a case under your desk.

Wanted to get this board but couldn't justify getting a board with PLX. Fantastic in many ways though.

Okay, if I was in the market for a board right now, this one would be right near the top.

Just the sheer amount of options it gives you is somewhat intimidating...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the look of Gigabyte's orange OC boards. They've all looked great. Could never justify getting one since I don't do any extreme OCing but they are nice.

Back