GIGABYTE XP1200M 1200W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GIGABYTE XP1200M 1200W Power Supply Review - You read that correctly, we are reviewing a computer PSU today that is being sold under the GIGABYTE banner. GIGABYTE is best known for its motherboards, but that should put it in a good position as to knowing what kind of power an enthusiast PC system needs. Add in that this PSU is a huge 1200 watt beast and that should make things interesting.

Always love the detailed analysis of PSU's that you do. I know that whenever my next build happens I'll be consulting your reviews first.

I'm a bit of a gigabyte fan(MOBO's and GPU's). I think with the price this is mainly aimed at the person who wants that giga-orange theme they have going on now. It'd be interesting to see one if one surfaces.

Last edited:
Great review as always. It's always nice to have more choices in the PSU market, and Gigabyte has a solid reputation as well.

On a side note, with SLI/xFire fizzling out, are the days of 1000watt+ PSU's numbered?

It's interesting when a serious benefit of an over $200 PSU is the color scheme, but that's the first thing I thought too

Back