Gigabyte X99 UD3P USB 3.0?

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Recently built a 5820k based system with a Gigabyte X99 UD3P board, installed all latest drivers again, enabled xHCI mode everywhere in the bios (and disable EHCI to be sure) but my USB 3.0 devices still connect at USB 2.0 speeds. At the first, I though it was a front port issue (have seen that happen before), but the same thing happens with the back ports too.

In particular I'm trying to get a sanddisk cruzer fit 3.0 to connect at 3.0 speeds to no avail. Also tried an external hard disk that connects to my laptop (Intel Haswell based as well) at usb 3.0 and even that connected at usb 2.0 speeds. The device manager shows the 'generic super speed hubs' correctly. Not sure what gives here.:(

Also made sure that no USB 2.0 device is connected to the same hub, still no dice.

Tried every combination of xHCI Hand-Off (currently off), eHCI Hand off (currently off), USB Legacy Support (currently off) and xHCI Mode (from Smart Auto to Manual, currently set to enabled) but no dice. Really frustrating, thought pcs were becoming easier to build, not harder. Almost wish I had kept my SB system.

Can our wise editors who recently reviewed the very similar x99 UD4P board with the same F2a bios comment on what settings they used?

Last edited:
Already reinstalled the intel chipset drivers multiple times. I am on Windows 10 pro, not sure if that makes a difference. Seriously this cannot be this difficult!!!

Last edited:
Issue Fixed :)

PLEASE READ THIS: http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded-9.html

WIN 10/8.1 INTEL USB 3.0 DRIVER SUPPORT IS TOTALLY BROKEN, AND YOU HAVE TO USE HACKED USB 3.0 DRIVERS FROM WINDOWS 7 TO GET USB 3.0 DEVICES TO WORK AS SUCH. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS THE CASE AND EVERYONE IS NOT SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS :eek: THIS IS 2015/WIN 10 ERA NOT WIN 95/98 ALL OVER AGAIN :p

That sounds accurate I had to do that to my Win8.1 system. I have no idea why this issue is still existent.

I'm hoping the [H] staff can dig some into this as this is a totally ridiculous situation and needs escalation at the highest level. Similar to the TR expose on AMD driver frame pacing issues a couple of years back. One of the main reasons I got the X99 platform was the native abundant USB 3.0 and SATA 3 connectivity compared to my aging P67 board (whose renesas usb 3.0 always worked without issues from day btw). I did not imagine having to spend 4 hours + on a weekend to get usb 3.0 to work , something that intel drivers and win 10 should take care of. It's appalling that Intel does not provide signed drivers for their USB 3.0 controllers for Win 8.1/10, absolutely unforgivable. Between this and the use of TIM on skylake which will deteriorate over time, we can clearly see Intel's total disregard for the customer due to lack of competition.

Last edited:
Confirmed the same behavior on my Lenovo t540 laptop based on i5 4300m + QM 87 chipset. USB 3.0 was broken (I was remembering the speeds from last week when it was still on Windows 7). Same solution worked and it is running full USB 3 speeds now. Both machines were upgraded to Win 10 pro last week. Pathetic support from both MS and Intel. Wish there was a way to sticky this as a lot more people will run into this issue in the coming weeks and months.

USB 3.0 on Intel USB 3.0 Chipsets on Win 10 is TOTALLY BROKEN. Confirmed on two completely different computers with same results. USE THE DRIVERS HERE : http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded-9.html

My my beef is mainly with Microsoft for:
1. Providing a very very bad driver for Intel's USB 3.0 controller as part of the OS.
2. And with Intel for relying on MS and not releasing their Win 7 USB 3.0 drivers for 8/10 as well.

Lenovo, ASUS or in my case Gigabyte are not to blame here for the most part.

On a bright note, just fired up Arkham Knight and CPU util is at 10-15% versus 60% + on the 2500k. The cpu mostly just run runs between 1.2-2.5, only occasionally going up to the 4.0 max I'm using long term.:D

Back