So, you know, if Ima "XTREME" (really, no "e"? How xtraordinary.) Anyway... Is an XTREME better than an ELITE? I mean, nothing beats a MASTER...but if I want wifi, I may as well get a PRO WIFI.

My point? These names (like so many others) do NOTHING to differentiate the products in a manner understandable to the consumer. How about "Basic", "Mid-level", and "Best"? Sigh.

So, you know, if Ima "XTREME" (really, no "e"? How xtraordinary.) Anyway... Is an XTREME better than an ELITE? I mean, nothing beats a MASTER...but if I want wifi, I may as well get a PRO WIFI.

My point? These names (like so many others) do NOTHING to differentiate the products in a manner understandable to the consumer. How about "Basic", "Mid-level", and "Best"? Sigh.
XTREME costs over 1000€ so I'm guessing that's the "Best"

i think asus is the only ones that use "extreme" with an E in their model naming.

as far as the naming goes, it really doesn't matter what you name it, the average consumer just looks at the price and decide that way without ever actually looking at what the board comes with.

If I use an x470 Gigabyte already, I'm not missing out on anything if I am planning on going from 1700x -> zen3?
New motherboards looks really nice, but doesn't look like a worthy upgrade.

If I use an x470 Gigabyte already, I'm not missing out on anything if I am planning on going from 1700x -> zen3?
New motherboards looks really nice, but doesn't look like a worthy upgrade.
probably not. just update your bios first.

There are still some unknowns, like how much higher you might be able to push memory speeds with the X470 memory trace and the zen 2 (ryzen 3000) memory controller. If you're happy with memory speeds around 3000-3200, then you aren't missing anything important IMO. Speeds might push higher, we simply don't know yet.

XTREME costs over 1000€ so I'm guessing that's the "Best"

LOL...you're probably right.

Hmm. I wonder if I could SLI two of those mobos in my rig?

;)

No more ranting about marketing names. I promise (for a few days, anyway).

LOL...you're probably right.

Hmm. I wonder if I could SLI two of those mobos in my rig?

;)

No more ranting about marketing names. I promise (for a few days, anyway).

I could fit two of those motherboards in my case. Easy.

I'm 100% getting the Master.

Has 12 true phases. No doublers.

Uses infineon xdpe 16 phase controller

Should be superior to Msi with all thier doublers and crap.

Reactions: noko
like this
GB pulling out the stops on their X570 lineup. I see QFlash Plus for the first time on their mainstream AMD line. Looking good.

Reactions: noko
like this
Back