Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra...and x570s...out of stock?

c3k

2[H]4U
I'm so satisfied with my upgrade to a Ryzen 7 3700x, that I want to do another. (My i7-6700k rig has been giving me fits. Troubleshooting leads me to suspect a mobo failure._

I just put together a 3700x based on the Gig x570 ultra. I decided to do another. Well, it seems like there may be some supply-chain issues. I'm seeing a LOT of "out of stock".

FWIW.

Yeh, its a huge supply chain issue on many things. I picked the wrong time to build a computer :)

took me 3 weeks to find the case in stock, got one and that night they are back out of stock
2 weeks to find the board I wanted Strix-e, Processor (3900X) went up 20 bucks while I was waiting.
Even the fans I bought for 45 bucks on amazon, liked them so much I thought man I will get another 3 pack of them. Well they went up 20 bucks on amazon for the 140's and the 120 are unavailable in the US :(

Good thing I am working 13 hours a day 7 days a week and have no time to play with building it. Spend about 20 minutes a day on it.

Last edited:
I decided to upgrade my 2700x build (in sig) to a 3900x; whole new system with an MSI x570 mobo. I ordered all my parts on April 5th from Amazon. I knew with COVID19 there would be a delay and this past Sunday the 26th was the projected delivery date at the time of the order. I was ok with that. Sunday came and went. I received all the parts I ordered except the motherboard. I just got an update today saying Amazon will get more in stock on May 17th and my new delivery date is May 22nd. I looked around and no one has the same board in stock - not online or locally (including Frys and Micro Center). It looks like Newegg might have it in stock but they want twice the price for it. I paid $170 on Amazon and the same board is currently $330 at Newegg. Fuck that!

Micro Center Houston got some stock in today but they are going fast.

Order from large suppliers in CA.
That's where a lot of US offices for component vendors are located. They're close to Port of Los Angeles where a lot of initial container deliveries happen.

Back