Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra...and x570s...out of stock?

c3k

2[H]4U
I'm so satisfied with my upgrade to a Ryzen 7 3700x, that I want to do another. (My i7-6700k rig has been giving me fits. Troubleshooting leads me to suspect a mobo failure._

I just put together a 3700x based on the Gig x570 ultra. I decided to do another. Well, it seems like there may be some supply-chain issues. I'm seeing a LOT of "out of stock".

FWIW.

scoobert

Limp Gawd
Yeh, its a huge supply chain issue on many things. I picked the wrong time to build a computer :)

took me 3 weeks to find the case in stock, got one and that night they are back out of stock
2 weeks to find the board I wanted Strix-e, Processor (3900X) went up 20 bucks while I was waiting.
Even the fans I bought for 45 bucks on amazon, liked them so much I thought man I will get another 3 pack of them. Well they went up 20 bucks on amazon for the 140's and the 120 are unavailable in the US :(

Good thing I am working 13 hours a day 7 days a week and have no time to play with building it. Spend about 20 minutes a day on it.

Last edited:

McClintoc

Fully [H]
I decided to upgrade my 2700x build (in sig) to a 3900x; whole new system with an MSI x570 mobo. I ordered all my parts on April 5th from Amazon. I knew with COVID19 there would be a delay and this past Sunday the 26th was the projected delivery date at the time of the order. I was ok with that. Sunday came and went. I received all the parts I ordered except the motherboard. I just got an update today saying Amazon will get more in stock on May 17th and my new delivery date is May 22nd. I looked around and no one has the same board in stock - not online or locally (including Frys and Micro Center). It looks like Newegg might have it in stock but they want twice the price for it. I paid $170 on Amazon and the same board is currently $330 at Newegg. Fuck that!

GP40X

Limp Gawd
Micro Center Houston got some stock in today but they are going fast.

somebrains

Gawd
Order from large suppliers in CA.
That's where a lot of US offices for component vendors are located. They're close to Port of Los Angeles where a lot of initial container deliveries happen.