Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

I registered just so I could say thank you. The solution worked well for me after my system went to sleep one day and refused to wake up...I even bought a new PSU and tried testing with it and got nothing. There were no lights at all just like the board was getting no power. I cleared the cmos and then pulled the cmos battery for about 15 seconds and sure enough, the system came back on. I will update if I need to keep doing this.
Update the bios to the latest one when you can.

I registered just so I could say thank you. The solution worked well for me after my system went to sleep one day and refused to wake up...I even bought a new PSU and tried testing with it and got nothing. There were no lights at all just like the board was getting no power. I cleared the cmos and then pulled the cmos battery for about 15 seconds and sure enough, the system came back on. I will update if I need to keep doing this.
I think the best approach is just return the MB to a service center/shop. I did this way, why should one suffer for the money he paid?
BTW, does anyone know whether there is the same problem with other Gigabyte motherboards, e.g. on new ones with B550 chipset or X570s?

I think the best approach is just return the MB to a service center/shop. I did this way, why should one suffer for the money he paid?
BTW, does anyone know whether there is the same problem with other Gigabyte motherboards, e.g. on new ones with B550 chipset or X570s?
I have the X570S master and I have not had any issues since I bought the board in January. It's a very good board. I just wish i could turn off WIFI in bios. So weird that is not an option.

Honestly I still have the same motherboard as I did when I started this thread, and the issue hasn’t happened to me in well over a year. I didn’t even update my BIOS until much later than most folks did - it just stopped happening for me and we also stopped seeing nearly as much chatter on this thread. I still suspect a windows update or driver helped. I’m on the latest BIOS now.

I have a X570S Aorus Masters with a 5950x. I have not any problems like this but I wish i could turn off wifi and blutooth in the bios.
THat's one of the reasons i bought a crosshair viii dark hero besides it being for sale at micro center in dallas on 7/3/21.

THat's one of the reasons i bought a crosshair viii dark hero besides it being for sale at micro center in dallas on 7/3/21.
The asus boards were costing more at the time. Does that dark hero have the X570S or X570 ? I was mainly looking to get rid of the chipset fan. the WIFI option is not a totally deal breaker since I need to use it for blutooth devices.

The asus boards were costing more at the time. Does that dark hero have the X570S or X570 ? I was mainly looking to get rid of the chipset fan. the WIFI option is not a totally deal breaker since I need to use it for blutooth devices.
I don't know, but I do know there's no chipset fan for sure.

I got the same motherboard with the same issue in the shop today. After reseating the CMOS battery and a clear, it powers back on. But it seems to stop at random debug LEDs. Sometimes it looks like it even boots to windows, I type in the pw and log in, press alt-f4 to shut down, and it shuts down. But the whole time there's no video on the screen. I can initially press DEL, but still no video. I remove the video card and install a generic uefi without power requirements, and I see the video. Update to the latest F36e BIOS, put some settings back in the bios and put the larger video back in. Boots okay a few times. Turn the switch off the power supply for about 10 minutes, turn it on and try to boot, then no video again. The RAM had tested okay.

Put the generic video card back in and set the pci-e slots to GEN 1 speed. Put the larger video card back in, and so far it seems to be stable after a long hard switched power off multiple times. I went into the BIOS and set the PCI-E back to Auto. Saved it and rebooted, no hard power off. Windows started to load slowly, then it just restarted. Windows tried to boot again with the spinning circles, then it rebooted again. I put it to GEN 3 and it seems to be working okay again. What's going on with the PCI-E speed setting?

EDIT: Well verified numerous times. Setting it to GEN 4 makes bad things happen during boot or power on. Setting it to GEN 3 makes it stable again.

Last edited:
I got the same motherboard with the same issue in the shop today. After reseating the CMOS battery and a clear, it powers back on. But it seems to stop at random debug LEDs. Sometimes it looks like it even boots to windows, I type in the pw and log in, press alt-f4 to shut down, and it shuts down. But the whole time there's no video on the screen. I can initially press DEL, but still no video. I remove the video card and install a generic uefi without power requirements, and I see the video. Update to the latest F36e BIOS, put some settings back in the bios and put the larger video back in. Boots okay a few times. Turn the switch off the power supply for about 10 minutes, turn it on and try to boot, then no video again. The RAM had tested okay.

Put the generic video card back in and set the pci-e slots to GEN 1 speed. Put the larger video card back in, and so far it seems to be stable after a long hard switched power off multiple times. I went into the BIOS and set the PCI-E back to Auto. Saved it and rebooted, no hard power off. Windows started to load slowly, then it just restarted. Windows tried to boot again with the spinning circles, then it rebooted again. I put it to GEN 3 and it seems to be working okay again. What's going on with the PCI-E speed setting?

EDIT: Well verified numerous times. Setting it to GEN 4 makes bad things happen during boot or power on. Setting it to GEN 3 makes it stable again.
Try new Cmos battery?

ok try the bios flash back feature and try reflashing the bios on the motherboard. you have to remove all components from the motherboard to get the re-flash to work successfully.

Back