Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

A "Thousand Thanx" ColdSteel....I finished my work day. Uncovered my pride and joy...hit the power button...and {nothing}.....after crying for awhile, and searching "X570 Auros Master wont boot" - this was the first thread that came up. 30min later, was back up and running after removing the 2080ti and resetting the CMOS battery. You are a GOD among us Mortals! Thank you!

A "Thousand Thanx" ColdSteel....I finished my work day. Uncovered my pride and joy...hit the power button...and {nothing}.....after crying for awhile, and searching "X570 Auros Master wont boot" - this was the first thread that came up. 30min later, was back up and running after removing the 2080ti and resetting the CMOS battery. You are a GOD among us Mortals! Thank you!
Glad our thread helped! What BIOS revision are you on?

After almost a year it has happened again to me. Third time ever, b550-aorus pro+3900x, bios f10a, same pattern: gaming few hours on win10 which is very uncommon for me, comeback to linux and dead next morning. (battery off 15min and okay again)

There are newer bios available, thinking if I should update or just enjoy peace for another year :>

After almost a year it has happened again to me. Third time ever, b550-aorus pro+3900x, bios f10a, same pattern: gaming few hours on win10 which is very uncommon for me, comeback to linux and dead next morning. (battery off 15min and okay again)

There are newer bios available, thinking if I should update or just enjoy peace for another year :>
On my x570 Master I jumped from F11 to F33 (I think). I never encountered the power issue. I’d say try the latest non-beta bios.

Anyone here knows which BIOS is needed for SAM support on 3000 CPU ? If it exists at all that is!

Anyone here knows which BIOS is needed for SAM support on 3000 CPU ? If it exists at all that is!
Thanks for the news about SAM for 3000, I somehow missed it.
Master on F32 Bios here and 3900x - I can see it under: Settings -> IO Ports -> Re-Size BAR support
Sidenote: it requires PCIE 4.0 graphics card, so only newest AMD/Nvidia gen

Hello all,

First I would like to say thanks for all the above information. I woke this morning and my system appears to have some of the same issues above. I left my system on all night (I would normally power down) and when I came into my office to start work, I noticed my RGB lights on, but my screen saver not working. I pressed the spacebar to wake my computer up and nothing. I did a hard power reset and I could hear my power supply click. I have another power supply that I tried with the same results. I started unplugging cards to troubleshoot. The only way I could get my system to boot was to leave one of the 8pin CPU power connections on the motherboard unplugged. My CMOS battery is hidden and I would have to drain my loop and take my system most of the away apart to access it. I've opened a case with Gigabyte, but I'm sure it will be a dead end. Can some one please point me in right direction to fixing this issue? Again I have my system up and running now with only one 8pin power connection. My system has been running fine for the past 11 months with no issues until today.

System Specs
Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME Rev 1.0
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
EVGA 1300 G2 PS (using my Corsair AX1500i now)
Windows 10 64Bit
Running since 5/20 just fine

Thanks

Thanks and sorry Cold_Steel!

Last edited:
Hello all,

First I would like to say thanks for all the above information. I woke this morning and my system appears to have some of the same issues above. I left my system on all night (I would normally power down) and when I came into my office to start work, I noticed my RGB lights on, but my screen saver not working. I pressed the spacebar to wake my computer up and nothing. I did a hard power reset and I could hear my power supply click. I have another power supply that I tried with the same results. I started unplugging cards to troubleshoot. The only way I could get my system to boot was to leave one of the 8pin CPU power connections on the motherboard unplugged. My CMOS battery is hidden and I would have to drain my loop and take my system most of the away apart to access it. I've opened a case with Gigabyte, but I'm sure it will be a dead end. Can some one please point me in right direction to fixing this issue? Again I have my system up and running now with only one 8pin power connection. My system has been running fine for the past 11 months with no issues until today.

System Specs
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
Windows 10 64Bit

Thanks
This sounds like a bit of a different issue, and this is a different motherboard; definitely suggest starting a new thread for your issue to have more eyes on it rather than buried in this thread.

Hello all,

System Specs
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
Windows 10 64Bit

Thanks

Thanks and sorry Cold_Steel!
Can you get to a “reset bios” jumper? Those are typically on the edge of boards.

Can you get to a “reset bios” jumper? Those are typically on the edge of boards.
Yes, I was going to do that after writing down all of my settings information. I tried again last night to plug both 8pin connectors to my motherboard and nothing. It still works with only one 8pin connection. It was been working fine for 11months and from nowhere this.

Yes, I was going to do that after writing down all of my settings information. I tried again last night to plug both 8pin connectors to my motherboard and nothing. It still works with only one 8pin connection. It was been working fine for 11months and from nowhere this.
This absolutely sounds like a different problem than what this thread is addressing unfortunately (or, fortunately :))

I feel for you, man. I had a system that would periodically freeze in games. Nothing but a hard reset would bring it back. Ran all kinds of diagnostics and stress tests. Everything checked out. Switched out PSU, RAM, GPU, hdds... nothing. So I parted it out and sold everything. Each part worked as expected for every buyer. Still a mystery to this day (happened about 10 years ago).

Good luck!

I feel for you, man. I had a system that would periodically freeze in games. Nothing but a hard reset would bring it back. Ran all kinds of diagnostics and stress tests. Everything checked out. Switched out PSU, RAM, GPU, hdds... nothing. So I parted it out and sold everything. Each part worked as expected for every buyer. Still a mystery to this day (happened about 10 years ago).

Good luck!
Had that with TWO different polaris cards. Both worked fine for everyone else, did weird stuff for me. Replaced with a 5700xt, problem gone... o_O

Guys, I want to use this board for a new build but I'm nervous... :cautious:

I could settle for the Elite but that doesn't seem more reliable.

Guys, I want to use this board for a new build but I'm nervous... :cautious:

I could settle for the Elite but that doesn't seem more reliable.
I just finished an upgrade in my primary system to an x570 Elite. So far, only some USB quirkiness that may have been due to a bad flash drive. I run my systems for a day or so with a Linux Live USB flash to test. I'll be doing the Windows 10 install in the next few days.

I just finished an upgrade in my primary system to an x570 Elite. So far, only some USB quirkiness that may have been due to a bad flash drive. I run my systems for a day or so with a Linux Live USB flash to test. I'll be doing the Windows 10 install in the next few days.
get the latest bios for the USB disconnect issues. I have that board and encountered that - used an externally powered USB3.1 card to solve it, and haven't bothered switching back to the internal USB ports yet.

get the latest bios for the USB disconnect issues. I have that board and encountered that - used an externally powered USB3.1 card to solve it, and haven't bothered switching back to the internal USB ports yet.
I have F32 loaded. I'm always hesitant to try a beta BIOS unless I'm having major issues (and those are claimed to be resolved in the beta BIOS).

Had this issue and fixed it by removing the CMOS battery. Thanks for thread. On a F22 BIOS currently will be looking to upgrade soon. Hopefully won't see this again.

Anyone having issues on 33j with realtek HD audio?
Like what? I notice static starts to come out my speakers after a while. Turning them on and off gets rid of it. I am using optical out to a DAC. It did it also using USB to my DAC.

Like what? I notice static starts to come out my speakers after a while. Turning them on and off gets rid of it. I am using optical out to a DAC. It did it also using USB to my DAC.
Literally there was no audio, nothing even though the driver was reported as working ok, I tried the uninstall driver with the delete software option ticked, but it would just reboot reinstall a driver and again no sound.

I have just fixed it anyway using DDU to remove Realtek HD Audio (WIP) driver then rebooted, reinstalled the driver from gigabyte, and it sprung back to life.

I really do not like Realtek so I think I'm going to get a Sound Blaster Audigy had one mid 2k's loved it.

Oh and on topic still no dead mobo :)

Literally there was no audio, nothing even though the driver was reported as working ok, I tried the uninstall driver with the delete software option ticked, but it would just reboot reinstall a driver and again no sound.

I have just fixed it anyway using DDU to remove Realtek HD Audio (WIP) driver then rebooted, reinstalled the driver from gigabyte, and it sprung back to life.

I really do not like Realtek so I think I'm going to get a Sound Blaster Audigy had one mid 2k's loved it.

Oh and on topic still no dead mobo :)
Audio is working fine outside what I posted above. I know it is a dumb suggestion but do you have the right output selected in windows? Randomly sometimes it switches to my CX speakers and I get no audio even tho I have them muted on the TV itself.

Audio is working fine outside what I posted above. I know it is a dumb suggestion but do you have the right output selected in windows? Randomly sometimes it switches to my CX speakers and I get no audio even tho I have them muted on the TV itself.

Yeah 1st place I went to as I sometimes get the same issue with it selecting my LG monitor as the output device lol!

Dunno what happened but its sorted now.

Funny enough I also had an issue with the driver... disabling, uninstalling, and reinstalling the latest one didn't fix it. I downloaded the Driver booster free version selected the Realtek driver and used their "fix" troubleshooting solution. The Driver booster was able to fix it thankfully! This is after I updated the BIOS to 33j

I signed up to [H] purely to express my gratitude to all that added to this 15 month, 993 post thread.
After building a PC with a B550M Gigabyte Auros Elite with 5600x CPU, I cracked on with installing everything I need on it. After powering the PC off I went back to it later that evening to continue and it was dead, no LED, no fans, nothing.
Started thinking about what it could be, I first tested the PSU (EVGA Supernova 650w) with my jumper connector - the PSU fan started running as expected. The other components were fine before the rebuild, and the motherboard was used previously with a 3600x so I knew (thought) it was good. Did I damage the new 5600x?!
It was late and I was frustrated, so I left it and started searching the internet for a possible cause because I cant believe in 22 years of building PC's that this has happened.
I found this thread, and spent my work day ploughing through all 992 posts, phew.

Got home tried to start, dead. Popped the CMOS battery, shorted the jumper pins and low and behold the thing came back to life straight away!!!
First thing I did was update the BIOS from F10 to F13h, which also fixed a bug where the temp for the CPU was 'stuck' at one temp when monitoring in the OS.
I hope its resolved and I don't have to do that again, and I know this is a thread for the Auros Master X570 not the B550M, but I can't imagine they have changed a lot on the basic design across the board range so clearly the issue, and the fix are still relevant.

I have an x570 Aorus Pro Wifi (rev 1.1) which I got a couple months ago. Except for the BIOS it had when I got it which was upgraded immediately I've been running nothing but the F33 BIOS. That said, with the F33i and now the non-beta F33 I've had two issues, one of which may be a problem due to Windows. The first is that BIOS will not see or allow my Linux installation to boot. I just updated GRUB again in the hope that that is fixed now even though it didn't fix it before. The second issue is with the onboard RGB settings. I originally installed RGB Fusion to control the RGB on my Enermax AIO and it worked perfectly. I assume it saved the settings to BIOS and I never needed to touch it again. Since flashing F33i it will not do that anymore. As soon as you leave Windows it reverts to the default bright orange lighting on the motherboard and the AIO until booting back into Windows and starting up RGB Fusion program.

I had hoped F33 final would fix those problems but it didn't. I may try to go back to F33h to see if anything changes. As of now I disabled the RGB fully.

Keep in mind that the beta notation can and will be different for different boards. Some of the x570 Aorus boards have different revisions of the BIOS. F33i was the last beta BIOS for my board but some of the others had F33j. Make sure you double and triple check that you're getting the correct BIOS for your board.

Besides those issues I haven't once had a problem with the board. No cold boot issues although I rarely cold boot anyway. Not a single USB issue either. Actually, that's not 100% true. Compared to the ancient non-Intel integrated NICs on my old socket 775 boards, the integrated Intel gigabit NICs on my Asus B450 and the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi are absolute junk when it comes to sustained transfers. On a good day I'll get about half speed out of them instead of the full speed I would get on the older boards. That said, I haven't done much to mess with them to see if I can fix whatever is killing throughput.

Hello, this is my first post in this forum. I found this thread after spending some hours to see if someone had encountered this issue.

So this Saturday after turning off my pc for like 1 hour I wanted to use it again so I tried using the power button but nothing happened like described in this thread. I simply switched the psu (Seasonic px-750) off and on again and it worked. I verified that wasn't due to a power outage. Strange thing is that my motherboard works fine for 2 months now ( this is a B550 Vision D )

I asked myself seeing this thread if the issue concerning the Aorus X570 Master (which is, for most of you, resolved thankfully) could be linked to what I have experienced ?

How could I verify that ? I wasn't able to reproduce this issue though. I'm also worried this could be an early indication that my mobo will fail.

I also have Fast Boot and Fast startup disabled

As for updates for the M/B everything was updated prior this issue (BIOS version is F12)

Thanks for reading me !

Hey, everyone. Found this thread after experiencing the same issue with my X570 Aorus Master Rev. 1.0.

I've had the mobo since January 2020. Issue happened for the first (and, so far, only) time yesterday: June 9, 2021. BIOS version F33i.

Before that, I only faced a recurring issue of losing custom BIOS settings after prolonged power outages. Every time the power went out, I had to setup the BIOS from scratch (I've never had success loading a saved profile). However, the last time it happened, the day before yesterday, I changed one setting I'd never noticed before: ErP.

By default, it was disabled. After reading about it (but not anything related to the CMOS battery issue), I decided to enable it, since I don't have use for the USB ports and whatnot when the PC is fully powered off. I also shut it off completely (as in, via Windows, not by flipping the PSU switch off or removing the power cord) every day, after use.

The very next time I tried booting the PC, "dead" mobo. Found this thread and replaced the lithium battery (I know it's not necessary, but I had a spare). I'm now afraid of powering off the computer. I've read on this thread and on Reddit that enabling ErP is recommended, but that appears to have caused the issue, in my experience.

Tl;dr: issue happened for the first time after a year and a half of regular use and not so frequent BIOS updates (the latest being F33i). Had also enabled ErP for the first time right before the following complete power cycle, when the issue happened. Have since replaced the CMOS battery and am now afraid of powering off the PC. Should I enable or disable ErP? Any other recommendations?

Hey, everyone. Found this thread after experiencing the same issue with my X570 Aorus Master Rev. 1.0.

I've had the mobo since January 2020. Issue happened for the first (and, so far, only) time yesterday: June 9, 2021. BIOS version F33i.

Before that, I only faced a recurring issue of losing custom BIOS settings after prolonged power outages. Every time the power went out, I had to setup the BIOS from scratch (I've never had success loading a saved profile). However, the last time it happened, the day before yesterday, I changed one setting I'd never noticed before: ErP.

By default, it was disabled. After reading about it (but not anything related to the CMOS battery issue), I decided to enable it, since I don't have use for the USB ports and whatnot when the PC is fully powered off. I also shut it off completely (as in, via Windows, not by flipping the PSU switch off or removing the power cord) every day, after use.

The very next time I tried booting the PC, "dead" mobo. Found this thread and replaced the lithium battery (I know it's not necessary, but I had a spare). I'm now afraid of powering off the computer. I've read on this thread and on Reddit that enabling ErP is recommended, but that appears to have caused the issue, in my experience.

Tl;dr: issue happened for the first time after a year and a half of regular use and not so frequent BIOS updates (the latest being F33i). Had also enabled ErP for the first time right before the following complete power cycle, when the issue happened. Have since replaced the CMOS battery and am now afraid of powering off the PC. Should I enable or disable ErP? Any other recommendations?
I’am on F33j and ERP is enabled since november 2020 after my latest issue. No problems at the moment🤓

Back