Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

Here are the results to the poll I posted a few days ago. It looks like 53% of us are using the newer revised BIOS that is supposed to address system stability (not sure if that pertains to our issue or not). Thanks for voting!

1612499716920.png

Here are the results to the poll I posted a few days ago. It looks like 53% of us are using the newer revised BIOS that is supposed to address system stability (not sure if that pertains to our issue or not). Thanks for voting!

View attachment 326278
I believe this proves that BIOS version, settings or the way it is flashed has nothing to do with the real cause of this the problem.
I will also add to this list the OS type/version, drivers, software...

Issue is clearly of electrical nature.
This board is too sensitive and highly susceptible to EMI / RF interference from the surrounding environment.
95% of the people experiencing this issue are using PC cases with glass/acrylic side panels which makes those cases loose the shielding properties (EMI protection) of all metal cases (Faraday cage effect) and this makes this board even more vulnerable.

What I've done to mitigate this vulnerability is two things:
1. Put the quality Ferrite clamp-on core (beads) on every single cable (!) attached to the motherboard (DP, UTP, mouse/keyboard and even power cable from my UPS to the PSU)
2. Get rid of the PC chair made of synthetic fabric and replaced it with all leather chair!

I didn't experience the issue for 8 moths since.

edit:
I know this chair thing sound weird but the amount of the static one chair made of low quality (synthetic) fabric can build can be shocking (literally) -> ref

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_105915.jpg
    IMG_20210205_105915.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210205_105930.jpg
    IMG_20210205_105930.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Haven't had this issue with the B550 Aorus Pro since August2020, not much of an expert but one thing I can say, I haven't replaced any chair! :D

I believe this proves that BIOS version, settings or the way it is flashed has nothing to do with the real cause of this the problem.
I will also add to this list the OS type/version, drivers, software...

Issue is clearly of electrical nature.

I don't think you can draw that conclusion from this poll.

First off, since around November, when the F31 beta bioses came out, not many people have reported the issue in this thread, and those that did ran an older version of the bios. I last had the issue on November 6th when I was still on F30. Nothing since I updated to F31o and subsequently F31, which is the longest I've ever gone without it occurring.

Secondly, even if F31 and later bioses turn out not to fix it, on which the jury is still out, it remains possible that it is a bios issue. Just one that hasn't been fixed yet.

I've signed the petition, thanks for organising.

Mine did it again this morning just before a teams meeting - nice! Last time was on 11th Nov, so not too bad (though it really ought to not do it at all!)

I've given up trying bios updates and whatnot - I just keep a couple of screwdrivers handy and as soon as I see that light isn't on I go through the "fix" routine. I've also installed "Argus monitor" fan control software, which means there's nothing I have to change in the bios when it boots back up again, so the time cost isn't too bad. Sucks but what can you do.

I've signed the petition, thanks for organising.

Mine did it again this morning just before a teams meeting - nice! Last time was on 11th Nov, so not too bad (though it really ought to not do it at all!)

I've given up trying bios updates and whatnot - I just keep a couple of screwdrivers handy and as soon as I see that light isn't on I go through the "fix" routine. I've also installed "Argus monitor" fan control software, which means there's nothing I have to change in the bios when it boots back up again, so the time cost isn't too bad. Sucks but what can you do.
What BIOS version are you running?

Hi!

I am glad that this thread exists now! Oh man, i wished it had exist only two weeks earlier, it would have saved me so much trouble, work, testing and frustration...

I have the exact same issue like in the opening post mentioned with the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master combined with a 3600X. It rans 2 evenings, everything necessary was just installed and ready to go. On the next evening, nothing happend. The PC was completely dead. It droves me crazy. I tested everything although everything is new and there were no issues before. The only thing i did not do was to remove the CMOS-battery, because the board has a backup-BIOS and a CLEAR-CMOS-button and so, there was no logic for me in removing the battery...
Don’t worry, it will happen again ☹️. Sign the petition

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master power-on problem (avaaz.org)

Hi!

I am glad that this thread exists now! Oh man, i wished it had exist only two weeks earlier, it would have saved me so much trouble, work, testing and frustration...

I have the exact same issue like in the opening post mentioned with the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master combined with a 3600X. It rans 2 evenings, everything necessary was just installed and ready to go. On the next evening, nothing happend. The PC was completely dead. It droves me crazy. I tested everything although everything is new and there were no issues before. The only thing i did not do was to remove the CMOS-battery, because the board has a backup-BIOS and a CLEAR-CMOS-button and so, there was no logic for me in removing the battery...

The following 5 1/2 (!) weeks the board was in repair at Gigabyte. It came back with some scratches at the VRM-Coolers and some bent fins, i thought they have fixed something there. But, the system rans without issues completely fine again... For 6 weeks. On Sunday evening, after the PC was shut down for approx. 2 h or so it did not power on. Again. The same issue occurred again! In repair for five and a half week to function for six weeks. Wow! What is this???

The hint with the CMOS-battery-removal worked for me. The PC is alive again. But, this can not be the solution! I have a system with a custom water cooling loop, vertical GPU-mount, ... I can not remove the CMOS-battery every now and then!

I hope there will be a fix for this issue. A new BIOS perhaps, that would be great.

Thank you for this thread, cold_steel! <3

Hi!

Hm, something is wrong with dywanos... He copied pasted my post from May 6, 2020.

Hi, so what's the current view of this issue or the motherboard line in general?
I'm deciding between Aorus Pro and Asus Tuf Pro, I prefer Aorus more but then I encounter so many remarks about such issues (while not really anything on Tuf), but it's hard to imagine that the whole Aorus line would be a no-go...
Thank you for input

Hi, so what's the current view of this issue or the motherboard line in general?
I'm deciding between Aorus Pro and Asus Tuf Pro, I prefer Aorus more but then I encounter so many remarks about such issues (while not really anything on Tuf), but it's hard to imagine that the whole Aorus line would be a no-go...
Thank you for input
To some people (like myself) the issue has been resolved, possibly temporarily, so now everything's working as expected. Like I said in previous posts when the mobo works as expected it's great.
Having said that, if you haven't read any issues or negative comments on the Tuf Pro, I'd say go for that one otherwise personally I'd feel like gambling since Gigabyte hasn't made any statement around the cold boot issue.

A month hath passed, so my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master decided it had been nice, and did his thing again, monday 15/2. I tried the power button 30+ times, decided it had been nice, removed graphic card and replaced the battery by two wires leading to the back of the case, and the battery is now outside. Next time, it should be a breeze.

Thank you for input
I haven't had any power on issues on a rev 1.2 board since I bought it 4 months ago, using it daily with it powered on most of the time so it probably has a 1-2k hours on it by now. Only issue I've had is with USB weirdness but this seems to affect all x570 boards. Honestly there isn't anything comparable to the feature set of the master at this price point, I looked and everything similar was missing stuff, or has weaker VRM/memory OC. If you don't need all the things the master has though, I'd just get the asus.

A month hath passed, so my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master decided it had been nice, and did his thing again, monday 15/2. I tried the power button 30+ times, decided it had been nice, removed graphic card and replaced the battery by two wires leading to the back of the case, and the battery is now outside. Next time, it should be a breeze.
ghp can you give us DYI instructions how to achieve this without voiding the warranty? Is it done by soldering the external battery wires to the mobo battery holder clips?

I had the same issue with my x570 master seeming to be completely dead, tried everything including removing the battery (but for not long enough) setup a RMA and was ready to send it in when i found the post on reming the batter for 30+ sec so I gave it a shot and it worked.

no issues since and its been over a year now.

ghp can you give us DYI instructions how to achieve this without voiding the warranty? Is it done by soldering the external battery wires to the mobo battery holder clips?
I'm quite good at repairing things but a disaster at DIY, when anything has to be made. But this was easy enough. The battery holder contains two springs, one beneath the battery for the negative contact, one on the side that clasps the battery side and top for positive. To both you can quite easily attach the stripped end of a wire long enough to lead outside of the case, and attach to the battery or another battery holder. Nothing is altered to the MB, when you remove the wires you can put a battery in the original place. Do I make myself clear enough? I won't be doing any soldering to my MB until someone tells me which capacitor is the culprit.

Last edited:
I wish I had seen this thread back in November when I sent my Aorus ultra rev 1.1 into Gigabyte RMA for this issue. I'll note as well since it seems to be a common factor is i'm running a 3900X as well. I couldn't figure it out, removed everything. Tried different PSU, the works. They had told me at that time there was no known issues with it as well. Took a couple of months and got my board back with a note that said "could not duplicate, no problems found" but they had reflashed my bios.

It's worked since getting it back, but tonight the same thing happened again and a good friend found this thread and linked it to me. Sure enough leaving my cmos battery out for a few minutes resurrected it. I was pretty gutted getting home after a long day of work and my computer doing the same thing again that Gigabye said they couldn't duplicate. I went ahead and signed the petition I saw linked. Thanks for all the help, wish there was a more concrete resolution to this problem.

I wish I had seen this thread back in November when I sent my Aorus ultra rev 1.1 into Gigabyte RMA for this issue. I'll note as well since it seems to be a common factor is i'm running a 3900X as well. I couldn't figure it out, removed everything. Tried different PSU, the works. They had told me at that time there was no known issues with it as well. Took a couple of months and got my board back with a note that said "could not duplicate, no problems found" but they had reflashed my bios.

It's worked since getting it back, but tonight the same thing happened again and a good friend found this thread and linked it to me. Sure enough leaving my cmos battery out for a few minutes resurrected it. I was pretty gutted getting home after a long day of work and my computer doing the same thing again that Gigabye said they couldn't duplicate. I went ahead and signed the petition I saw linked. Thanks for all the help, wish there was a more concrete resolution to this problem.
I'd recommend updating to the most current BIOS, F33c. Every since I have updated mine to F32 and now to F33c, I haven't had any issues. F32 says they added a fix for system stability, which could be for the issue we are all having. Good luck and feel free to reach out to all of us and keep us updated.

I'd recommend updating to the most current BIOS, F33c. Every since I have updated mine to F32 and now to F33c, I haven't had any issues. F32 says they added a fix for system stability, which could be for the issue we are all having. Good luck and feel free to reach out to all of us and keep us updated.

Same experience here. No issues since the F31 beta bioses.

I've also noticed that this thread has become much quieter the past 2-3 months, which is also a good sign.

I'll note as well since it seems to be a common factor is i'm running a 3900X as well.

3900x as the common factor is probably a red herring. I run a 3950x and had the issue too.

Also, people buying high end motherboard are much more likely to combine it with a high end CPU as well, so any sampling of Aorus Master users will automatically be skewed towards 3900x's and 3950x's.

Been scared to update because of the issues. But now I’m considering it.
I assume I’ll have to set my RAM timings again after the update? It’s been so long since I flashed my mobo.

Been looking at gigabyte x570s for a possible 5900x system since those are readily in stock. Unfortunately it seems they havent gotten their crap together yet :|

Been looking at gigabyte x570s for a possible 5900x system since those are readily in stock. Unfortunately it seems they havent gotten their crap together yet :|
Lots of other boards regularly in stock too?

I recently updated to F33c and my computer hangs when trying to enter the bios. After I do a clear cmos it allows me to enter but after making any changes it will hang up my computer on the logo splash screen when hitting del to enter the bios. It boots into windows and works perfectly fine if I leave it alone when booting. Anyone else experience this?

I recently updated to F33c and my computer hangs when trying to enter the bios. After I do a clear cmos it allows me to enter but after making any changes it will hang up my computer on the logo splash screen when hitting del to enter the bios. It boots into windows and works perfectly fine if I leave it alone when booting. Anyone else experience this?
I have not had this issue. Maybe try reflashing the BIOS and see if that fixes it or wait until they release a new beta BIOS, updating to the 1.2.0.2 AGESA code.

I had a similar problem with the msi meg x399 creation.
IOMMU is standard enabled and was causing boot failures after almost every startup.
Disable it if you don´t use it.
VCore on Auto also caused boot failures. Auto Vcore was to high, between 1.43 and 1.45V.
I lowered it to 3.7 and the problem was gone. Running now 4.2 Ghz on all cores Threadripper 2950X & average 34 - 38 degrees.
These bios bugs were very annoying. The firs weeks i thought the mobo was faulty.

I must be some kind of weird freak. My problem is the other way around. I was fine using f30 for the past year or so on my x570 Aorus pro wifi rev 1.0 but recently updated bios to f33c and began having this constant reboot issue.
Now the only way I can boot to windows is by disabling the xmp profile and so my 4 X Gskill mem modules (DDR4-4000 18-22-22-42-64-1.35v) are now running at half speed 2139.47mhz instead of 4000(ish)MHz.

I also tried f33f (using efiflash with /C clear dmi and /DB both houses) but still same issue.
I'm not overclocking, everything's on auto after load optimised defaults, but enabling xmp just reboots as soon as I get to the win10 boot logo and after 2 or 3 of those I don't even get to the bios screen logo either and just constant boot loop from there.

I have to shutdown pc just to get back to the bios to disable the xmp again. Then all boots up fine on the slower ram speed.
This wasn't an issue with f30 !

Also, I have a ryzen 9 3900x

Might try to roll back to the f30 backup bios bin I created before the f33c update.......

That's why I personally never update to "betaish" versions (the ones with the letter suffix). Wait for the "stable" release unless you have a really good reason to update to current.

Hello all! OP checking in. It has now been a full YEAR since the no power on issue has hit my board (last time was 3/24/2020.) Through that, I actually didn't play the BIOS shuffle game and stayed on F11 all the way up until Christmas 2020 when I upgraded my Ryzen 3900X to a 5900X and flashed to a BIOS that would support it. Currently on F33a.

I didn't bite on the DisplayPort cable red herring that was floating around, and my machine has really stayed unchanged hardware and BIOS wise until my update to 5900X, an RTX 3080, and 32GB of DDR4 3600 ram in December.

I really don't know what made this issue vanish for me, as nothing really changed between my last instance in March 2020 and the previously mentioned updates in December 2020. Only various Windows updates really changed my machine in the meantime. Very odd one, but I'm glad this thread kept at least a few needless/pointless RMAs from happening.

So, it looks like the problem was fixed some how. It that the consensus? Imma ‘bout to zap my board with a new bios. Still a bit 😬

Yes, it seems that the issue has been fixed. Haven't had it since November. Fingers crossed, you never know with Gigabyte.
Still tbh, I wouldn't ever purchase a Gigabyte product again, I was having this issue for over a year.

System wouldn't wake from suspend, had no problems for 2 months and a week. I was waiting for it to happen. With the battery now outside of the case, it took a couple of seconds (to boot, the suspend was ruined). Next time, I'll look for a bios upgrade.

System wouldn't wake from suspend, had no problems for 2 months and a week. I was waiting for it to happen. With the battery now outside of the case, it took a couple of seconds (to boot, the suspend was ruined). Next time, I'll look for a bios upgrade.
New bios seems fine so far. Go for it.

Enjoy! I’ve really been impressed with it vs the 3900x it replaced - not that it was a slouch.
Yeah, it’s a champ. Planning to overclock soon. I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 on it so I expect some success.

Back