Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

I have seen reports about revision 1.2 having issues, too and people who bought certified DP cables
reported that the issue re-appeared, in this very thread.
Technically it does make sense for Gigabyte to not care, too because after all they got your money
already and any repair or replacement would cost them. The calculation would be different if this was a widespread
issue which would lead to bad press.
So as a customer all you can do is simply not throwing good money after bad.

Youtubers and the like probably won't raise the issue, too because this isn't some mass
product with several hundred thousand customers being affected.

Personally I'll just sell it on eBay as defective with a honest description of the issue,
recover some money from it and never look back. I do acknowledge that other
manufacturers have their issues, too but one needs to get burned to really
care so I'll just avoid Gigabyte in the future. Quite a shame because in the past
I was very happy with them.

I have to disagree with the "makes sense Gigabyte not to care". Precisely because there are not that many people having the issue (not sure about that though), it would make sense for Gigabyte to replace the boards, to keep those customers happy as it wouldn't cost them that much (since the percentage is low right?). Now, not only I won't be buying a Gigabyte product again but I'll spread the word as much as I can so that people are aware when asking for opinions (on buying a motherboard, to be fair). So, IMHO that's not a good tactic they're following.

As a consumer, having paid a premium (418 EUR) to get a defective unit is simply put, unacceptable. I had a few friends over at my place the other day and when I tried to power on the PC and it wouldn't, I had to explain to them what's going on (I have to remove the GPU, then reinsert the battery and so on). Guess the reaction? That subtle smile that says "The idiot paid a fortunate to have to do that in order to power on the PC".

I have to disagree with the "makes sense Gigabyte not to care". Precisely because there are not that many people having the issue (not sure about that though), it would make sense for Gigabyte to replace the boards, to keep those customers happy

Replace them with what exactly? Another faulty X570 Master?

You think most of them are faulty? If so, they should first identify the problem and then replace the faulty ones or simply fix them. If they cannot, return the money.

At this point, I believe they have a fundamental design flaw somewhere, so it's likely that all boards are affected yeah. There are people in this thread who got a replacement board only for it to get the same problem.

I also believe Gigabyte have no clue what's wrong with it, and that they aren't very motivated to figure it out because it will be difficult and expensive and because it only affects a few customers (X570 Master isn't a high volume board), and they've probably already lost those customers anyway. So all their support does is pushback, stall and deny, which seems par for the course for them anyway.

At this point, I believe they have a fundamental design flaw somewhere, so it's likely that all boards are affected yeah. There are people in this thread who got a replacement board only for it to get the same problem.

I also believe Gigabyte have no clue what's wrong with it, and that they aren't very motivated to figure it out because it will be difficult and expensive and because it only affects a few customers (X570 Master isn't a high volume board), and they've probably already lost those customers anyway. So all their support does is pushback, stall and deny, which seems par for the course for them anyway.

I'm not saying gigabyte is doing the right, thing, but what do you want them to actually do, get 20-30 of those boards back or even better your complete machine, play around with it for a couple months and hope the issue shows itself so they can try and find out what's wrong while you sit around twiddeling with your thumbs.

It's a random issue that happens every couple of months, it's a nighmare to diagnose the issue depending on what's causing it. Nobody on this forum can say for sure what's causing it from what I read, best case solution imo would be to get a refund and buy a different board, you might die of old age b4 it get's fixed if you keep waiting on that.

I'm not saying gigabyte is doing the right, thing, but what do you want them to actually do, get 20-30 of those boards back or even better your complete machine, play around with it for a couple months and hope the issue shows itself so they can try and find out what's wrong while you sit around twiddeling with your thumbs.

It's a random issue that happens every couple of months, it's a nighmare to diagnose the issue depending on what's causing it. Nobody on this forum can say for sure what's causing it from what I read, best case solution imo would be to get a refund and buy a different board, you might die of old age b4 it get's fixed if you keep waiting on that.

First of all, I expect them to acknowledge the issue and to make an earnest effort to investigate it. They built the board, so they're the only ones with the in-depth knowledge and ability to fix it. All of us can just guess at things. I understand and agree that it would be a nightmare to diagnose given that it's so intermittent, but at this point the issue is a year old, so they've had plenty of time to investigate yet they've done nothing but scratch up people's boards and send them back unfixed.

Secondly, we all paid good money for this motherboard and with this bug it's simply not fit for purpose. There really are only two ethical options for them: either provide a working product or offer a full refund. They should probably withdraw the board from the market as well if the flaw is deemed unfixable. Instead they chose the third unethical option: deny, push back, stall and send customers on a wild goose chase with pointless RMAs. Honestly, if the option was on the table, I'd happily take a refund and buy something from Asus, MSI or Asrock instead.

Just to have an idea, how long ago did you change that?

I also switched to hdmi yesterday. Let's see if I can make it to 2021 without the issue reoccurring...
Can't say a date, because a lot of nights I just use sleep and it save me from worries, but several times I did use shutdown without any issues either. I'll report here anyway if this "random" issue happens again.

For anyone on F30 - and wants hope, read this.
https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/10478/working-fine-completely-dead-next

TLDR -
Unplug it and and remove the cmos battery for about 10 seconds and put it back in and it should boot back up. If you are on bios F30 this is an issue with this bios and hopefully it will be fixed.

By the way AA is normal. That is what you should see on a cold boot. its shows that the system has performed a cold boot and booted from the main bios. A0 is the backup bios. Ab while inside the bios settings. number like 30, 40, or 80 will show when you boot from various sleep states. if you run ryzen master you might see d3 or d4.
Could it have been a BIOS bug the whole time?

Just wanted to check back in with my system’s behavior.

Im the OP, and my first problem was Feb 19, 2020. The issue recurred on March 24.

I was initially hopeful for a BIOS fix, so I stayed with F11. I watched comments that subsequent releases weren’t helping, so as a control, I’ve stayed on F11 to this day.

The only hardware change to my system (since the 3080 is next to impossible to get so far) is the power supply swap after the first occurrence- and the issue did repeat with the new PSU in place (an ASUS Thor 850w)

I’ve made no other hardware changes. I’m using the same DP cables that came with my monitor that I’ve had for several years. Again, never even attempted to update BIOS intentionally.

What I DID change, was disabling Windows 10 sleep and hibernation settings shortly after the second occurrence.

I’m knocking on wood as I say this, but the second occurrence ~7 months ago is the last time I’ve seen this issue so far.

Last edited:
Just wanted to check back in with my system’s behavior.

Im the OP, and my first problem was Feb 19, 2020. The issue recurred on March 24.

I was initially hopeful for a BIOS fix, so I stayed with F11. I watched comments that subsequent releases weren’t helping, so as a control, I’ve stayed on F11 to this day.

The only hardware change to my system (since the 3080 is next to impossible to get so far) is the power supply swap after the first occurrence- and the issue did repeat with the new PSU in place (an ASUS Thor 850w)

I’ve made no other hardware changes. I’m using the same DP cables that came with my monitor that I’ve had for several years. Again, never even attempted to update BIOS intentionally.

What I DID change, was disabling Windows 10 sleep and hibernation settings shortly after the second occurrence.

I’m knocking on wood as I say this, but the second occurrence ~7 months ago is the last time I’ve seen this issue so far.

At this point who knows but I don't believe is a windows10 thing, as for me happened both times after shutdown using Linux. (I do have Windows10 dual boot though)

At this point who knows but I don't believe is a windows10 thing, as for me happened both times after shutdown using Linux. (I do have Windows10 dual boot though)

Same here, I run Linux most of the time. I'm very skeptical that this is an OS issue somehow.

Hello friends.

I just registreted to say thanks for all the research you all have done. I tried to find any small reason to keep the Master Im waitiing for in the mail. I was stupid enough to order it based on youtube reviews . After reading throught all 15 pages I have decided to return it and wait for the Asus Dark hero. Thanks again for being my hero and not letting me waste 400euro.

funny I have the same board and I was having a similar issue but long story short Enabling ERP in bios fixed the problem for me for a while but then one day my pc wouldn't boot at all, taking the battery out did the trick, and since then it's been okay for now...

Hello friends.

I just registreted to say thanks for all the research you all have done. I tried to find any small reason to keep the Master Im waitiing for in the mail. I was stupid enough to order it based on youtube reviews . After reading throught all 15 pages I have decided to return it and wait for the Asus Dark hero. Thanks again for being my hero and not letting me waste 400euro.
Can't really blame YouTubers. Kinda hard to do long term testing on all the board they do reviews. The board is very solid when you get one working with out problems and deserved the good reviews. I had the board since release and never had a problem with it. I would still send it back if is possible tho. Doesn't seem like gigabyte will ever acknowledge this issue.

Can't really blame YouTubers. Kinda hard to do long term testing on all the board they do reviews. The board is very solid when you get one working with out problems and deserved the good reviews. I had the board since release and never had a problem with it. I would still send it back if is possible tho. Doesn't seem like gigabyte will ever acknowledge this issue.
I get that youtubers cant really find these issues, but reading throught this thread I see that ppl have sent them info. Gigabyte not acknowlegdeing this issue sucks so much. I really wanted this board becouse of the VRM. Im gonna watercool it, wiith hardlines. I really dont want buy a board i need to drain to get to the bios battery to start my pc.

I get that youtubers cant really find these issues, but reading throught this thread I see that ppl have sent them info. Gigabyte not acknowlegdeing this issue sucks so much. I really wanted this board becouse of the VRM. Im gonna watercool it, wiith hardlines. I really dont want buy a board i need to drain to get to the bios battery to start my pc.
I know the feeling. I been lucky since I also have hardline tube WC.

Hey guys another with the "dead board after powering down" joins the party....

Purchased a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 (1.1) shipped with F11 BIOS on the 10th August worked flawlessly, updated the BIOS as the versions were released and on the 10th of October (exactly 2 months) with BIOS F30 I shut down my machine for the night as always and went downstairs, about 30 mins after I realized I needed to quickly do something so shot back upstairs and as I have a clear side panel I noticed there were no lights lit up on the internal power button anyway I pressed the power button but nothing happened...

Turned the PSU (Corsair RM1000) off then back on and this time I got lights on the internal power button and the CMOS button on the IO panel and tried again to start the PC both lights went out but again nothing, Turned the PSU back off, unplugged from the mains, removed the side panel had a quick inspection inside on the plugs etc but all seemed fine, reconnected to the mains, Turned PSU on and I could hear some sort of buzzing (arching) noise from around the lower back of the board I guess around the Audio stage capacitor area.

I immediately thought this was a PSU issue so tried it on another machine and it was working, put it back and still nothing so went through a process of elimination trying hardware in another machine but all proved fruitless, So I hit google and stumbled upon a post on Gigabyte US forums with others with the same issue and found the solution of removed the CMOS battery which also worked for my setup.

Reported the issue to Gigabyte eSupport, but they seem to be in denial there is an issue so today I linked them to some threads on their forums and this forum in the hopes they might actually "switch on" to this problem.

My system Specs are

Ryzen 7 3800x CPU
Corsair RM1000 PSU
Corsair H110i GT AIO Cooler
Corsair MP510 NVME
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 3600

The BIOS was basically left default but with XMP profile 1 active.

Last edited:
So glad I came across this thread. I had the exact problem the OP posted, built my new PC back in June and has been running just fine until yesterday. Hit the power button and nothing. Checked the motherboard and no RED power switch light showing. So I started with a PSU swap, swapped out my PSU, and still nothing.

I tried the CMOS battery thing and viola, system has come back to life. My only issue was getting the graphics card out, ended up breaking the PCI-e retention clip. Like seriously, the only place for the CMOS battery is underneath the graphics card?!

If they don't fix this eventually, I might buy something else.

Specs for anyone to compare or for Gigabyte to compare:
Ryzen 9 3900X - No OC
Corsair DDR43600 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro
Fractal Design Prisma S36+ Cooler
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master v1.1 F11 BIOS
Gigabyte RTX 2070

I've reached out to them all and nothing. Buildzoid, Gamers Nexus, Major Hardware, Jayztwocents, Paul's Hardware, BitWit and Hardware Unboxed. We aren't waving free stuff in their faces, so we are of no use to them.

The issue happens so infrequently it’s not worth the effort of making a video on. Can you imagine trying to make video content for something that might happen once every two months? Also when the issue comes up in various places, people always start pouring on things to try. Then it takes additional weeks to figure out if the thing you tried worked or not!

The issue sucks, it’s just not good for video content.

Just to add another x570 Aorus Master (v1.1) with this same CMOS Battery issue.

Has happened twice now, around 6 weeks apart. I'm on Bios F21, have disabled all the Windows sleep stuff, fast boot and have tried replaced my display port cables with decent quality 8k versions and it still happened again this morning. Is there any definite fix yet? I read something about the ERP settings somewhere?

Thanks to all that chipped in on this thread - really panicked me the first time this happened.

Are there any other x570 motherboards that are solid and reliable? I don't mind paying more - this is my work PC and I need to have something I can rely on.

Just to add another x570 Aorus Master (v1.1) with this same CMOS Battery issue.

Has happened twice now, around 6 weeks apart. I'm on Bios F21, have disabled all the Windows sleep stuff, fast boot and have tried replaced my display port cables with decent quality 8k versions and it still happened again this morning. Is there any definite fix yet? I read something about the ERP settings somewhere?

Thanks to all that chipped in on this thread - really panicked me the first time this happened.

Are there any other x570 motherboards that are solid and reliable? I don't mind paying more - this is my work PC and I need to have something I can rely on.
ERP has zero effect on this issue and I'm going to say that no BIOS setting will correct this issue.

Its either a flaw in the motherboard design or a bug in the BIOS firmware but sadly my money is on the former.

Last edited:
Hey guys another with the "dead board after powering down" joins the party....

Purchased a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 (1.1) shipped with F11 BIOS on the 10th August worked flawlessly, updated the BIOS as the versions were released and on the 10th of October (exactly 2 months) with BIOS F30 I shut down my machine for the night as always and went downstairs, about 30 mins after I realized I needed to quickly do something so shot back upstairs and as I have a clear side panel I noticed there were no lights lit up on the internal power button anyway I pressed the power button but nothing happened...

Turned the PSU (Corsair RM1000) off then back on and this time I got lights on the internal power button and the CMOS button on the IO panel and tried again to start the PC both lights went out but again nothing, Turned the PSU back off, unplugged from the mains, removed the side panel had a quick inspection inside on the plugs etc but all seemed fine, reconnected to the mains, Turned PSU on and I could hear some sort of buzzing (arching) noise from around the lower back of the board I guess around the Audio stage capacitor area.

I immediately thought this was a PSU issue so tried it on another machine and it was working, put it back and still nothing so went through a process of elimination trying hardware in another machine but all proved fruitless, So I hit google and stumbled upon a post on Gigabyte US forums with others with the same issue and found the solution of removed the CMOS battery which also worked for my setup.

Reported the issue to Gigabyte eSupport, but they seem to be in denial there is an issue so today I linked them to some threads on their forums and this forum in the hopes they might actually "switch on" to this problem.

My system Specs are

Ryzen 7 3800x CPU
Corsair RM1000 PSU
Corsair H110i GT AIO Cooler
Corsair MP510 NVME
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 3600

The BIOS was basically left default but with XMP profile 1 active
ERP has zero effect on this issue and I'm going to say that no BIOS setting will correct this issue.

Its either a flaw in the motherboard design or a bug in the BIOS firmware but sadly my money is on the former.
No fix as of yet. Also no way to reliably trigger it to test anything. I’m just glad people are finding this thread to get themselves up and running again.

Gigabyte told us all to pound sand, there’s nothing wrong here when we’ve tried raising it to their attention.

replaced my display port cables with decent quality 8k versions and it still happened again this morning.
Which cables exactly? They must be VESA certified. Doesn't matter if the manufacturer deems them good enough for 8k, they need to specifically be certified.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well just to add another voice having the same issue. I have two of these boards (Aorus Master X570), and both have the same issue. My first ticket to Gigabyte was 5/4/2020 with the first board I purchased. When I sent that board in for an RMA (with the non-responsive no power issue), I purchased a second board because I knew I would be down for 30-60 days. The second board does the same thing randomly...could go two weeks, could go three months. I have updated from BIOS F11 to F30 (and in between). I have submitted another case because this just happened to me again three days ago on BIOS F30. It's not the end of the world, but it is damn inconvenient to have to pull the vid card, pull the battery, and then jump the battery terminals to resuscitate life back into this POS. My latest ticket with Gigabyte has been less than helpful with them denying any knowledge that there is such an issue out there, even though five months prior they had my first MB sent in via RMA (which was returned with the BIOS being reset for the fix). Here is a piece of my conversation on the latest case ticket after I explained that a lot of others were having the same issue with their boards -

Gigabyte representative: "Dear customer, We don't base on forum, customer in forum may have different components configuration cause issue. We based on system builder's report, we don't have this kind of know issue reported from our system builders. "

If that does not come across as we could give a damn less about your problem, then I don't know what else does. I suggested to them in my latest response that perhaps a class action lawsuit might make them think twice about the next answer I get. We shall see.

Well just to add another voice having the same issue. I have two of these boards (Aorus Master X570), and both have the same issue. My first ticket to Gigabyte was 5/4/2020 with the first board I purchased. When I sent that board in for an RMA (with the non-responsive no power issue), I purchased a second board because I knew I would be down for 30-60 days. The second board does the same thing randomly...could go two weeks, could go three months. I have updated from BIOS F11 to F30 (and in between). I have submitted another case because this just happened to me again three days ago on BIOS F30. It's not the end of the world, but it is damn inconvenient to have to pull the vid card, pull the battery, and then jump the battery terminals to resuscitate life back into this POS. My latest ticket with Gigabyte has been less than helpful with them denying any knowledge that there is such an issue out there, even though five months prior they had my first MB sent in via RMA (which was returned with the BIOS being reset for the fix). Here is a piece of my conversation on the latest case ticket after I explained that a lot of others were having the same issue with their boards -

Gigabyte representative: "Dear customer, We don't base on forum, customer in forum may have different components configuration cause issue. We based on system builder's report, we don't have this kind of know issue reported from our system builders. "

If that does not come across as we could give a damn less about your problem, then I don't know what else does. I suggested to them in my latest response that perhaps a class action lawsuit might make them think twice about the next answer I get. We shall see.
I’d really love to know how many RMAs they have gone through with this board, yet they still are “unaware of an issue.”
I have a 2 year replacement agreement with microcenter, and if my board does this again it is totally getting swapped for something else not made by Gigabyte.

My reply again from Gigabyte Support after linking them to several forum threads and still awaiting a response from the seller from the 18th...

Hello,

We have checked and confirmed with our team that there is no known issue of this board.

Suggest to contact the dealer to RMA the motherboard. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would be down for joining a class action lawsuit. Hell, if there is only a handful of us and we sued for $1m +, we could make out like bandits. I wonder how many of us have lost time from work or other productivity because of this?

Which cables exactly? They must be VESA certified. Doesn't matter if the manufacturer deems them good enough for 8k, they need to specifically be certified.

Has it definitely been established that it's DP cables that are causing this problem?

I would be down for joining a class action lawsuit. Hell, if there is only a handful of us and we sued for $1m +, we could make out like bandits. I wonder how many of us have lost time from work or other productivity because of this?
I doubt there enough case out there to open a class action suit. A lawyer might not even take it on for such a small amount.

I doubt there enough case out there to open a class action suit. A lawyer might not even take it on for such a small amount.

The problems would have to be a lot worse then having to remove a battery once every 2 months orso to have a chance. I know I would not be happy either if I would have bought such an expensive board and it had issues, but the board does works fine 99.99% of the time.

If you find an engineer who can look at the board and find a technical flaw in the board or it's design or bios causing it you may have a better chance but as it stands, it's far from the Nvidia 970 with the 3.5GB vs 4 GB vram or the nintendo switch controllers all going bad.

Hello, everyone! I have a B550 Vision D, can I join the club?

I bought this motherboard. But I'm having issues every time I power up the PC.

First, really slow boot. I press the power-up button, then the debug led says "05" for like 1 to 2 minutes (sometimes less), and then the boot process starts.

And that's with default BIOS settings. If I try to use XMP, things get worse

If I power-off the PC, the next time it doesn't power-up at all. I have to remove the PSU cable for a few seconds. Then the MOBO power-up, but the BIOS resets itself.

And I know that the PSU, CPU, and RAMs are fine. I tested these ones with A MSI Ace and a Strix B550-f. Not a single issue.

I did a CMOS reset, tested with every BIOS version. Same issues.
That's a quote of mine from another forum. I found this thread today and I think it's the same issue.

I made a video:

Hi everyone,

I had exactly the same problem this evening. Did all the checks and also came to the conclusion that it had to be the mb. Exactly the same config as most of you:

Gigabyte GP-AORUS LIQUID COOLER 360
Corsair HX1000i PSU
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 TI AORUS WATERFORCE EXTR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 SSD
X570 AORUS MASTER
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X processor
G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 4x8GB 3200MHz CL16 RGB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 SSD
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified Black Midi

Started an RMA and I asked my supplier to get in contact with Gigabyte and confront them with the posts on this forum. This supplier is a premium Gigabyte distributor so hopefully he can get more info .
I’ll keep you posted.

Greetings out of Belgium
MrBazzy
Good morning everyone,

Sunday 25th. My card has been gone for approximately one month now. It arrived at the reseller on October 1st and after what seemed to be a quick check the reseller decided to send it to their supplier. After that, all went quiet.
I’m regularly checking this forum and the list of impacted Gigabyte customers seems to grow. And since Gigabyte is not responding in a way we customers would like I was wondering if we should start a petition and try to find more impacted customers. Once we have a reasonable amount of signatures we could confront Gigabyte directly and show them the magnitude of the problem. If they then still deny the problem I would suggest to hire a lawyer specialised in consumer rights to defend our case. The main goal would then be to go for a full refund.
All depends of course on how many signatures we would collect with the petition. Could be that we belong to a very small group of unfortunate customers. What’s your thought on this proposal?

Back