Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

Have anyone experienced this issue with F20 bios?
RMA for my board (X570 Pro) has been confirmed by Gigabyte. I'm waiting for the replacement.

eugene86
Were you experiencing the same issue with your X570 Aorus PRO?

I flashed my Master last knight with F20a twice. Using Q-flash and second time using efiflash with /C
... and continuing observation.

My question is does anyone experiencing this issue with higher revision number X570 boards (rev. 1.1+)?

Last edited:
eugene86
Were you experiencing the same issue with your X570 Aorus PRO?
Yes, I experienced this issue once and immediately brought MB to the warranty service. My store tells me that supplier provides only rev 1.0 for replacement, or I can chose any other motherboard from the stock..

Hi, I am observing this issue since last days of December. At first I was thinking it was Linux firware issue, then erp, then battery. Nope - nothing helped. It was geting even more and more often - at first once 1,5 month, lately evey 2 weeks or even more often.
F12g is not helping.
Now - thanks to nanite84 - I think its bios issue, I believe he may be right when saying that F11 is broken - because it fits to my timeframe just right - as first failure happened ~2 weeks after installing F11, not before. So it happens on F11 and later bioses up to F12G here.
I am using F10 now (it is first which should work fine with 1usmus power plan, if i am right) and - as everyone here - keeping my fingers crossed. If fail will happen on F10 - I will downgrade to F7B as suggested by nanite84
Downgarde to F10 didn't help - at first it get "boot failure" after 1 week, so I thought that maybe its battery fault as it was not newest. So I put completelly new battery and it get "boot failure" once again after 1,5 week.
Not good... Now testing F7B

Last edited:
BTW did anyone find a correlation between these boot failures/cold boots and switching PSU off from wall outlet? I'm always switch my computer completely off since ~01:00 until ~19:00, some days not switching it on at all.

BTW did anyone find a correlation between these boot failures/cold boots and switching PSU off from wall outlet? I'm always switch my computer completely off since ~01:00 until ~19:00, some days not switching it on at all.
I shut down my PC regularly by night, but PSU remains constantly on mains, actually behind my APC SmartUPS 750VA...
So in my case this cannot be the reason...

I had the same issue and because of this thread I decided to create an account lol. After removing the battery my computer was booting again. I had some weird issue with the image so I never been able to go on windows again. So I decided to clean install. Now it looks fine but i'm getting a led 0C on my X570 Master. Do you guys know what it means? Sorry for my english, i'm french.

Heads up for all of you planning to update to F20a,
Gigabyte has pulled it out from the support site, obviously something wrong with this this release.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Or maybe they are replacing it with new beta F20b?
LOL, the same about X570 AORUS PRO. I've googled a bit -- some people on complained that F20 is completely unusable, caused BSODs on load in Windows, and too high voltage on CPU.
They really use us as alpha testers for these shitty expensive motherboards. However I already spent much more time that this motherboard costs.

I had the same issue and because of this thread I decided to create an account lol. After removing the battery my computer was booting again. I had some weird issue with the image so I never been able to go on windows again. So I decided to clean install. Now it looks fine but i'm getting a led 0C on my X570 Master. Do you guys know what it means? Sorry for my english, i'm french.
I also had a problem with debug code 0C. At time during use windows everything to switch off. The mobo lights are still on, but the USB ports power down, the graphics card powers down, and the motherboard displays debug code 0C. Does anyone know what could be the reason and what does it mean? I have revision 1.1

They really use us as alpha testers for these shitty expensive motherboards.

Looks like this is the brutal truth, we are lab rats for Gigabytes incompetent QA.

As I presumed, today latest test F20b bios appeared officially downloadable.

Downgarde to F10 didn't help - at first it get "boot failure" after 1 week, so I thought that maybe its battery fault as it was not newest. So I put completelly new battery and it get "boot failure" once again after 1,5 week.
Not good... Now testing F7B
I didn't have to wait long to experience "boot failure" with F7B... I had no new battery so I used 2 weeks old which failed on F10.
Anyway it doesn't look good. I will use F20B, but I get back to thoughts that this is a hardware failure. Do you know if Gigabyte is giving some replacement for the time of waiting for the warranty "fix"?

I didn't have to wait long to experience "boot failure" with F7B... I had no new battery so I used 2 weeks old which failed on F10.
Anyway it doesn't look good. I will use F20B, but I get back to thoughts that this is a hardware failure. Do you know if Gigabyte is giving some replacement for the time of waiting for the warranty "fix"?
You mean you just have experienced this issue with F7B ?
About your question it depends on seller and on country, in some countries seller is obliged by law to give you a temporary replacement. In other countries not. I haven't given any replacement and am already one month w/o PC :(

This looks like my final contribution to this thread. I'm delighted to report that F20a has completely and permanently ended the cold-boot bios-reset problem I was having with my 3900X & x570 Master! F20b continues the success! It's been many days since I had my last cold-boot bios-reset problem--many days. Hallelujah! Good luck to everyone else! Hope it solves your problems, too.

I have the 20a and I had the CMOS battery issue yesterday morning. Never had any issues with my 1.1 board until yesterday morning.

1.1. And yes mine did that yesterday and I almost flipped out until I popped out the battery.

So they fixed nothing with rev. 1.1, and I have a fear that rev. 1.2 is the same story.
Slammed94
Out of curiosity, what type of memory modules are you using?
Have a hunch that they are G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB.
Thanks

Mine is G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZN)
Could this be the fatal link? I wonder.

One person here has

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

So I dont think so

Guys, I heard the rumors that ErP is somehow related to this story, is it on or off for you?
I experienced my problem with G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (C means RGB LED) (Ryzen 3700X, Aorus x570 pro, F11 bios)
Is here anyone who experienced this problem with other kind of memory?

Guys, I heard the rumors that ErP is somehow related to this story, is it on or off for you?
I experienced my problem with G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (C means RGB LED) (Ryzen 3700X, Aorus x570 pro, F11 bios)
Is here anyone who experienced this problem with other kind of memory?
I enabled ERP almost 2 months ago and haven't had the problem since then. It was happening regularly and hasn't happened since I enabled it.

Also

I have G.Skill Trident Royal memory, F4-3600C16D-16GTRG.

I enabled ERP almost 2 months ago and haven't had the problem since then. It was happening regularly and hasn't happened since I enabled it.

Also

I have G.Skill Trident Royal memory, F4-3600C16D-16GTRG.

What does enabling ERP do?

What does enabling ERP do?
ErP mode is another name for a state of BIOS power management features that instructs the motherboard to turn off power to all system components, including USB and Ethernet ports meaning your connected devices will not charge while in a low power state.

ErP is not what is directly causing this.
I had the issue with ErP both enabled and disabled.

So I just made an account to post here. I have been experiencing this issue since March, have already RMA'd the board to no avail, and now Gigabyte wants me to send it off for 3+ weeks again for them to look at it again. I just want to make sure I am on the same page as everybody else....

Morph3R from reviewing this thread, is there a definitive fix for this issue? I am running an X570 Master, not sure how to find my revision number, F11 Bios, 3900x, Trident Z neo RGB 32GB kit (4x8). Seems like a lot of people are using the Trident Z Neo, but i figure its just because its awesome memory for our platform, hoping its not a causing factor.

As far as BIOS changes go, I have a profile saved that is just enabling XMP, disabling SMT, and is flattening my fan curve. I have made no other changes because with stock settings we obviously aren't "stable".

Thanks for all the work people have been doing to fix this.

So I just made an account to post here. I have been experiencing this issue since March, have already RMA'd the board to no avail, and now Gigabyte wants me to send it off for 3+ weeks again for them to look at it again. I just want to make sure I am on the same page as everybody else....

Morph3R from reviewing this thread, is there a definitive fix for this issue? I am running an X570 Master, not sure how to find my revision number, F11 Bios, 3900x, Trident Z neo RGB 32GB kit (4x8). Seems like a lot of people are using the Trident Z Neo, but i figure its just because its awesome memory for our platform, hoping its not a causing factor.

As far as BIOS changes go, I have a profile saved that is just enabling XMP, disabling SMT, and is flattening my fan curve. I have made no other changes because with stock settings we obviously aren't "stable".

Thanks for all the work people have been doing to fix this.

there is as of yet no definitive fix. Gigabyte has told everyone that has reported here that they are unaware of an issue and the boards are working normally.

it seems like some of us are having the “no power button response, no power button illumination, must remove/reinsert battery to resurrect board” condition which is the focus of this thread more often than others. Personally, it’s only happened to me twice, and I’ve been expecting a third time for quite a while now and it hasn’t happened. I have not changed any settings, hardware, or bios since day 1.

oddball issue for sure.

there is as of yet no definitive fix. Gigabyte has told everyone that has reported here that they are unaware of an issue and the boards are working normally.

it seems like some of us are having the “no power button response, no power button illumination, must remove/reinsert battery to resurrect board” condition which is the focus of this thread more often than others. Personally, it’s only happened to me twice, and I’ve been expecting a third time for quite a while now and it hasn’t happened. I have not changed any settings, hardware, or bios since day 1.

oddball issue for sure.
Then I seem to be caught up. Yeah GB Customer service are infuriatingly inept. I have experienced the issue twice in a week just last week. Since the issue cropped up in March I have probably had to pop the battery 6 times in total even with the board being out of my possession for nearly a month due to the RMA. Contemplating just never shutting down at this rate. I will continue to play around and try suggestions as I am NOT RMA'ing this again until we have some word from GB that this is an issue and are either offering advanced RMA's or a straight up refund (pipe dream I know).

You guys may want to see if the Gamers Nexus guy (dude with the hair) can look into this.
Maybe even send him a board that has the problem consistently (including any paperwork from GB saying it's fine).

He seems to have regular contact with some of the mobo makers.

I am really lucky my 1.0 x570 Master so far has zero issue but this will put them on my do not buy lost in the future.

You guys may want to see if the Gamers Nexus guy (dude with the hair) can look into this.
Maybe even send him a board that has the problem consistently (including any paperwork from GB saying it's fine).

He seems to have regular contact with some of the mobo makers.

I shot an email to Gamer Jesus, couldn't hurt at this point.

Hello again everyone. Giving a follow up report on my situation with the board.

Prior to now I'd been experiencing the issue we all seem to be having about once every month. A week or so after I last checked in, BIOS F12G was released (June 10th ish?). I used efiflash and overwrote both the main bios and the backup with F12G and while it hasn't exactly been a month since I did that update, its worth noting that the issue hasn't reoccured since late May which is a record for me. I'll check back in again at the end of the month (or sooner, if the issue returns). Pardon any formatting or grammatical issues. I'm writing this post from my phone.

Spartacus Excellent idea, let's bring big guns to the battle... ;)
Gamer Jesus guys name is Stephen Burke and he definitely have the means to move the situation out of the status quo ante.

Last edited:
I'm awaiting the next "no power bug" every day now. The first time happend early February, two days after building the machine. After the five and a half weeks in repair at Gigabyte-Service i got the PC running again at the end of march. On May the 1st the next "no power bug" occurs. Gigabyte wanted me to send them the board again, but then i found this thread. The third and last time this bug occurs was on June the 1st. Since then the board runs on F20a, all drivers are up to date. ErP was previously enabled, so it is now.

Previously, on F11, i noticed now and then, that my keyboard and mouse were illuminated after the PC shuts down completely. This happend with ErP enabled and disabled. Since F20a, I haven't seen this again, also, the on board power button is no longer illuminated after the machine shuts down. Perhaps this is a sign, that the bug is fixed?

Sadly, after i got the PC running again after the last no-power-bug, i have a new issue. Now I have randomly short freezes (< 1 s) when the CPU is under low load. You only really recognize them when you have something with sound running or in games which cause a low or inconstant utilisation. With games like Farcry 5 for example, which handle more threads and cause a more constant utilisation on the CPU i have no freezes. Also, if i have prime95 running in the background, the freezes are gone. The only other solution i found is activating the enery saving mode power plan in windows. This is not very satisfying. Previously the PC ran on the Ryzen Balanced power plan with no issues and i tried out all the power plans incl the 1usmus plans, also i checked and enabled the recommended BIOS settings for this plans, disabled/enabled XMP, but everything with no success.

I did some Cinebench R15-runs with ryzen master open:

Multicore:
Coreclocks: 4130 MHz (sehr stabil, +- 4 MHz)
Corepeakvoltage: 1,39 V
Temperature: 67,x °C

Singlecore:
Coreclocks: bis 4358 MHz (stark schwankend)
Corepeakvoltage: 1,4566 V
Temperature: 53,x °C

Are these values normal?

Every time the short freezes occur you can see a little boost of a coreclock.
Does someone experience a similar issue with the X570 Aorus Master rev. 1.0 on F20a?

PS:
3600X
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 (2 x 16 GB) (runs stable since F12g/F20a with XMP)
Windows 10 Pro 2004

I am really lucky my 1.0 x570 Master so far has zero issue but this will put them on my do not buy lost in the future.
Can you share your exact configuration? CPU, GPU, memory, PSU and if possible manufacture date and batch number of the motherboard?
Thanks

I'm awaiting the next "no power bug" every day now. The first time happend early February, two days after building the machine. After the five and a half weeks in repair at Gigabyte-Service i got the PC running again at the end of march. On May the 1st the next "no power bug" occurs. Gigabyte wanted me to send them the board again, but then i found this thread. The third and last time this bug occurs was on June the 1st. Since then the board runs on F20a, all drivers are up to date. ErP was previously enabled, so it is now.

Previously, on F11, i noticed now and then, that my keyboard and mouse were illuminated after the PC shuts down completely. This happend with ErP enabled and disabled. Since F20a, I haven't seen this again, also, the on board power button is no longer illuminated after the machine shuts down. Perhaps this is a sign, that the bug is fixed?

Sadly, after i got the PC running again after the last no-power-bug, i have a new issue. Now I have randomly short freezes (< 1 s) when the CPU is under low load. You only really recognize them when you have something with sound running or in games which cause a low or inconstant utilisation. With games like Farcry 5 for example, which handle more threads and cause a more constant utilisation on the CPU i have no freezes. Also, if i have prime95 running in the background, the freezes are gone. The only other solution i found is activating the enery saving mode power plan in windows. This is not very satisfying. Previously the PC ran on the Ryzen Balanced power plan with no issues and i tried out all the power plans incl the 1usmus plans, also i checked and enabled the recommended BIOS settings for this plans, disabled/enabled XMP, but everything with no success.

I did some Cinebench R15-runs with ryzen master open:

Multicore:
Coreclocks: 4130 MHz (sehr stabil, +- 4 MHz)
Corepeakvoltage: 1,39 V
Temperature: 67,x °C

Singlecore:
Coreclocks: bis 4358 MHz (stark schwankend)
Corepeakvoltage: 1,4566 V
Temperature: 53,x °C

Are these values normal?

Every time the short freezes occur you can see a little boost of a coreclock.
Does someone experience a similar issue with the X570 Aorus Master rev. 1.0 on F20a?

PS:
3600X
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 (2 x 16 GB) (runs stable since F12g/F20a with XMP)
Windows 10 Pro 2004
Hi, you should move on to F20b which is now official and resolves lot of weirdos with F20a.
Also suggestion is to flash bios using EfiFlash utility (provided with the bios) from FreeDos and use /C command flag to ClearDMI data.
And report back afterwards please.
Cheers

Can you share your exact configuration? CPU, GPU, memory, PSU and if possible manufacture date and batch number of the motherboard?
Thanks
Using a 3950x with 32gb of 3600 c16 G.skill ripsaw memory. Running on a Corsair 750tx. 1080ti with gpu and CPU under custom water loop. Idk the batch number but it was one of the earlier boards. I got it with 3950x at release. Currently on bios F11. I did have some cold boot issues before I updated to F11 but not like what people are experiencing here.

Using a 3950x with 32gb of 3600 c16 G.skill ripsaw memory. Running on a Corsair 750tx. 1080ti with gpu and CPU under custom water loop. Idk the batch number but it was one of the earlier boards. I got it with 3950x at release. Currently on bios F11. I did have some cold boot issues before I updated to F11 but not like what people are experiencing here.

Thanks, are these your modules?
Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz CL16 1.35V

Planning to get rid of mine Trident Z RGB, same spec.

I have a hunch that overhead (signalling, electronics, LED power usage...) brought by added RGB electronics on the memory modules are somehow causing all this.

Is there anyone having memory kits with no RGB who experiencing this cold-boot no-power issue?

Back