Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

People with issues are you using a Seasonic PSU? I was in the Aorus Discord and got this response.

User=Intender (mod)
I have heard a few corsair supply issues but mostly seasonic power supplies
[5:18 PM]
Also people put to much credit into powering on a power supply as a test of functionality. being able to turn on says nothing about its ability to maintain stability under load.

[5:20 PM]
But I can confirm that there are Cold boot issues with Some ryzen 3000 cpus on x570. Whether support knows about it or not, I can't say. If people have problems but never make a complaint to esupport then they wont know. but I see them here and on the forums often enough that I would say it happens.

[5:23 PM]
The cold boot problems that have not been related to seasonic power supplies are almost always people who unplug their systems at night. I think it probably has more to do with not disabling fast startup and when someone shuts down and unplugs fast startup causes the issue.

The only thing that seems to have any validity to me is the "Fast Startup" settings.

People with issues are you using a Seasonic PSU? I was in the Aorus Discord and got this response.
Mine is CM V1000 which has Seasonic guts for sure!
But my machine is rock stable under any kind of load, rendering, gaming, large files compression, synthetics ...
Also first thing I do when installing fresh OS is disabling Hibernate (and "Fast Startup" indirectly)...

Thanks, are these your modules?
Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz CL16 1.35V

Planning to get rid of mine Trident Z RGB, same spec.

I have a hunch that overhead (signalling, electronics, LED power usage...) brought by added RGB electronics on the memory modules are somehow causing all this.

Is there anyone having memory kits with no RGB who experiencing this cold-boot no-power issue?
Yes I believe it is that kit. It matches the model number from what I brought at microcenter.

I have a hunch that overhead (signalling, electronics, LED power usage...) brought by added RGB electronics on the memory modules are somehow causing all this.

Is there anyone having memory kits with no RGB who experiencing this cold-boot no-power issue?
Honestly, I don't think the memory is the culprit. My system ran perfectly for 6 months with my blinged out RGB memory and only started having issues once I upgraded to the F11 bios. I think something got corrupted somewhere along the line and I think that it's carried over into the newer bios revisions.

Also, I have an EVGA Supernova 850G+ power supply.

Do you guys have the OC led on the mobo? I can't fix this after the cold boot issue. Also, sometime my pc in freezing without any bsod.

my Corsair vengeance kit has no LEDs, and I created this thread :)

Do you guys have the OC led on the mobo? I can't fix this after the cold boot issue. Also, sometime my pc in freezing without any bsod.
I had 0C once, 2 weeks ago. After restarting the computer it has not happened again. Try to restore the default bios settings, clear the cmos and update the bios again.

Reading about all these problems, I will not buy a gigabyte motherboard in the future. If I encounter any problems, i buy asus.

Last edited:
I had 0C once, 2 weeks ago. After restarting the computer it has not happened again. Try to restore the default bios settings, clear the cmos and update the bios again.

Reading about all these problems, I will not buy a gigabyte motherboard in the future. If I encounter any problems, i buy asus.

Do you know what 0c means? Also, I just have to press the clear cmos when my computer is open or off?

Thank you.

I use 10 years old Zalman PSU :)
However I gave up -- just asked my retailer to give me Gigabyte Aorus Pro B550 instead (despite it is very bobtai, lack of PCIe lanes). And will wait for x670 as soon as it appears. If it possible I would pay even $500 for MB, just to solve this problem -- time is more valuable... but other 2.5 vendors (MSI, Asus/Asrock) are not better according to reviews: MSI has a major VRM problem, Asus/Asrock -- ridiculously ineffective chipset cooling design ...

Do you know what 0c means? Also, I just have to press the clear cmos when my computer is open or off?

Thank you.

0C = OC?

Clear CMOS Button
Use this button to clear the CMOS values (e.g. BIOS configuration) and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults when needed.
•• Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before using, push the start button on the casing and hold on 10s, next use CMOS button
•• Do not use the clear CMOS button when the system is on, or the system may shutdown and data loss or damage may occur.
•• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS configurations).

The only thing that seems to have any validity to me is the "Fast Startup" settings.
I have a Seasonic Prime Tx-850 Titanium, and LED ram... I have done Prime 95 and haven't sen any power instability, nor do I unplug my machine at night... What is this fast boot setting?

However I gave up -- just asked my retailer to give me Gigabyte Aorus Pro B550 instead (despite it is very bobtai, lack of PCIe lanes). And will wait for x670 as soon as it appears. If it possible I would pay even $500 for MB, just to solve this problem -- time is more valuable... but other 2.5 vendors (MSI, Asus/Asrock) are not better according to reviews: MSI has a major VRM problem, Asus/Asrock -- ridiculously ineffective chipset cooling design ...
X670 is probably going to be outsourced to ASMedia (an Asus subsidiary) so I most probably going back to my old and reliable ROG brand ....
Shame we don't have EVGA in AMD ecosystem...

edit:
just found out that ROG Crosshair motherboards have 32MB BIOS ROM chip across the X570 range. Same goes with all mid range Strix B550 motherboards. WTF Gigabyte?

Last edited:
I don't believe its a PSU or RAM issue. If that was the case it would not just be us with this issue. It's a board issue, but thankfully I haven't had it since but it sucks to close my eyes each time I push the start button each day.

GIGABYTE AMD Motherboard Adopt the Latest AGESA Microcode to Solve the SMM Callout issue
https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1814
This effectively means that Gigabyte BIOS department is actively working on X570 (and B550) BIOS-es until mid. of July, which leaves us aprox. one week to try to be loud and bomb the GB support with tickets related to our issue.

I'm writing the one as we speak, with concrete questions like:
- is engineering team aware of the issue?
- is it going to be addressed in mid July formal release?
with a clear expression of disappointment etc.

This effectively means that Gigabyte BIOS department is actively working on X570 (and B550) BIOS-es until mid. of July, which leaves us aprox. one week to try to be loud and bomb the GB support with tickets related to our issue.

I'm writing the one as we speak, with concrete questions like:
- is engineering team aware of the issue?
- is it going to be addressed in mid July formal release?
with a clear expression of disappointment etc.
Are there any threads on their official forums?

I think we should create visibility -- I've just reported on Gigabyte forum and already have left review on Amazon and Yandex.Market (for Aorus x570 Pro).
As we see Gibabyte is not a client-oriented company, not interested in every particular customer, but when it see raise of complaints in Internet they could make steps to prevent loosing the market. I'll be happy if my posts would prevent at least several people from spending money and time for this low-quality hardware.

HighPoint
Any response from the Stephen Burke (Gamers Nexus)?

Maybe we should try to contact Buildzoid too.
The guy is expert in electronics specialized in PC hardware.
He is regularly getting new motherboards from Gigabyte for his "breakdowns".
Last one was B550 Aorus Master a week ago.
Maybe he could help or at least have educated opinion on the matter.

If you contact steve or buildzoid make sure to state your case and evidence clearly. There is a huge gigabyte x570 thread on overclock.net too. Might browse through there to see if anyone has had the same issues.

I've never used RGB and have no interest in RGB anywhere in my system. I use the CoolerMaster utility to turn off RGB for my 3900X Prism cooler as well. I still had the cold-boot problems I've detailed earlier in this thread, even so, and absolutely will not repeat a description of those problems...;) I've noted that immediately after turning ErP on or off, as the case may be, that the cold-boot problems cleared up for a brief period before resuming. To sum up everything I've written here, two major factors seemed to clear up all my cold-boot problems--1) replacing an apparently faulty power strip (see earlier posts for a verbose description), and 2) installing bios F20a--now on F20b, with no problems.

Along the way to getting to a normalized cold-boot booting experience with my x570 A Master, r1.0, purchased 7/19, and my 3900X, purchased 3/20 (as I mentioned in earlier posts, for ~8 months I never had any cold-boot problems with the 3600X installed), I did pop and discharge the CMOS battery once; and I replaced the CMOS battery once, after discharging the original battery didn't fix anything permanently.

If I had to guess I'd say that in the earlier GB x570 Master AGESAs there may have been/had to have been an obscure bug relative to supporting the 3900X that was fixed in the new AGESAs applied with bios F20a & newer. Running XMP 3733MHz Patriot Viper Steel DIMMs at stock timings and frequencies. I note that prior to installing F20a these same DIMMs weren't stable and resulted in a bios reset at every cold boot. Glad to have this one finally resolved! Hope resolution comes quickly for everyone in this thread.

HighPoint
Any response from the Stephen Burke (Gamers Nexus)?

Maybe we should try to contact Buildzoid too.
The guy is expert in electronics specialized in PC hardware.
He is regularly getting new motherboards from Gigabyte for his "breakdowns".
Last one was B550 Aorus Master a week ago.
Maybe he could help or at least have educated opinion on the matter.
Crickets on his part. I sent it to the review team and his email respectively. I vote we bomb them with emails that contain this thread and the others and provide clear and concise info. Gamers Nexus did highly recommend this board after all.

Crickets on his part. I sent it to the review team and his email respectively. I vote we bomb them with emails that contain this thread and the others and provide clear and concise info. Gamers Nexus did highly recommend this board after all.
I reached out to Buildzoid via Facebook. He replied to me once on Messenger about a question I had RE: the thermal pad thickness on the X570 chipset.

cold_steel and all other guys with Master board, are you all using the motherboard in default dual bios mode?
Or to be precise, does anyone experiencing the issue while in SINGLE BIOS mode?
Mine switches are at defaults:
1594370287192.png

SB: position 1 (lower) - Dual Bios
BIOS_SW: position 1 (lower) - Main BIOS

Buildziod's suggestion for GB boards with the switch: "You buy the board, you unbox it, you set it's single bios mode, and you never look back!"

Last edited:
cold_steel and all other guys with Master board, are you all using the motherboard in default dual bios mode?
View attachment 260401

Buildziod's suggestion for GB boards with the switch: "You buy the board, you unbox it, you set it's single bios mode, and you never look back!"

You can try, but I doubt it will solve the problem. People have mobo without dual bios and have same problem, coold boot.

Just happened again to me last night. I shut it down, walked across the room, sheepishly looked back at it and noticed the on board LEDs were dark. Went to bed pissed off, woke up this morning, pulled my graphics card, popped the battery, reloaded my BIOS profile, and here I am back up and typing. If gigabyte isn't going to address this, at the least they could do is make the CMOS battery not covered by a GPU 🤣

@
View attachment 260401

I'll try it this weekend. so just to be clear, I need to throw the SB switch to the upper "2" position on the board? I have F11 installed on my current BIOS (position 1). If i toss the board into single bios mode will it wipe my second, factory spec bios? Or will it just sit there? Can I toggle between the BIOS profiles while in single bios mode? Or is that exclusive to dual bios being enabled?

Also, to preserve my test results, the only other thing I have done is replace the CMOS battery with a good energizer one. If I swap to single BIOS mode I WONT EFI flash to F20 until I am damn well sure that its fixed, or until it happens again while on my current settings in single bios mode.

HighPoint
Think of it (DualBIOS) as some crude software that sits above the actual BIOS which runs like some watchdog counting default (main) BIOS boot failures.
If this failures adds up this software decides to do hard reset and switch to backup BIOS, which should then load with optimized defaults (because backup bios doesn't have any profiles stored)
What disabling the DualBIOS (flipping the first [SB] switch to upper position) effectively does is bypassing this watchdog software thus booting directly the bios selected by the second [BIOS_SW] switch.
Practically when you are in SB (SingleBIOS) mode, you are deciding what BIOS to use using second [BIOS_SW] switch: position 1 (lower) = Main BIOS, position 2 (upper) = Backup BIOS.

Last edited:

Hi,

I have Trident Z with no RGB and cold boot issue happened to my board as well. Most probably related to the brand (G.SKILL) rather than whether it has RGB or not.
A lot of people with G.SKILL memory modules reported a problem here and I think only 1 had different set of memory modules (corsair if I recall correctly)

Hi,

I have Trident Z with no RGB and cold boot issue happened to my board as well. Most probably related to the brand (G.SKILL) rather than whether it has RGB or not.
A lot of people with G.SKILL memory modules reported a problem here and I think only 1 had different set of memory modules (corsair if I recall correctly)
I have no issue with the set he has linked.

I'll try it this weekend. so just to be clear, I need to throw the SB switch to the upper "2" position on the board? I have F11 installed on my current BIOS (position 1). If i toss the board into single bios mode will it wipe my second, factory spec bios? Or will it just sit there? Can I toggle between the BIOS profiles while in single bios mode? Or is that exclusive to dual bios being enabled?
Nothing is being wiped with his procedure. You just preventing some first order software on the motherboard making decisions for you which bios to use.
So shut-down and power off the machine, flip the first [SB] switch to upper position, and leave second [BIOS_SW] in lower position.
Motherboard should load your main bios and all your profiles should be there.

View attachment 260401

Was using Dual Bios Mode and just switched it to Single Bios Mode since it sounds like one of the more reasonable Theories. Would be cool if multiple People could do the same and report as soon as the Problem reoccurs so we don't have to wait Month to prove or disprove that Theory.

Would be cool if multiple People could do the same and report as soon as the Problem reoccurs so we don't have to wait Month to prove or disprove that Theory.
I'll also switch to SB mode and flash main BIOS to F20 soon as it goes official.

Last edited:
Well if the new bios does not fix things, Idea, option or what I would do if this is a frequent problem:
  • Buy a battery holder and a switch
  • Remove battery from motherboard
  • Solder two wires to the motherboard battery socket, very small solder points (temporary, you could probably just use alligator clips for this)
  • Mount switch and new battery holder to a convenient location (for example: mount on back of case or front, drill small hole for switch with the new battery holder mounted inside. Another example have a small external box holding both if you don't want to put a small hole anywhere)
  • Hook it up to the motherboard battery socket and never have to pull anything out or open up your case for this problem
I think after the third time or so I would have done above until Gigabyte fixed the issue if they ever do. I would probably not RMA the board due to how many others also are having this issue.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi,

I had no issues for almost 8 months. I don't think G.Skill memory has anything to do with it.

Back