Gigabyte X470 and 2700X

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I followed just about every tutorial I could find.. using Ryzen Master I have no issues overclocking to 4.2ghz. When doing the settings in the bios I can barely get it to post and it never boots into windows. Ram is Samsung B die 3200mhz I use XMP profile mode that is an option and it works fine from what I can tell. I had to end up clearing CMOS to get back into windows.

4.2ghz
CPU Vcore 1.38V
VCore SOC 1.2V
CPUVDD18 2.1V
Load Line Calibration Turbo

more voltage, play with LLC and manually set your ram timings. xmp doesn't always work right on amd since its an intel thing.

Yeah, its possible its the ram.. but seems to do fine with the Ryzen Master when I OC.. XMP works fine at stock clock.. I may drop it down to 2133 and try the OC from there then start to bring it up.. Then again I am reading hte chip holds the clock and won't throttle its self down like intel does.. I don't want the extra heat from that so I may just leave it stock.

SOC voltage seems a bit high from what I've been reading, 1.05v should be enough usually and I've read going above 1.1v can actually decrease stability.

If it's the RAM causing you problems you could also try setting geardownmode to on if you haven't tried that yet.

SOC voltage seems a bit high from what I've been reading, 1.05v should be enough usually and I've read going above 1.1v can actually decrease stability.

If it's the RAM causing you problems you could also try setting geardownmode to on if you haven't tried that yet.

Thx I will give that a shot!

Back