GIGABYTE X399 Designare EX Threadripper Motherboard

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I have been waiting to get my hands on this new X399 Designare EX Threadripper motherboard from GIGABYTE and it has just hit stock at Newegg. Hopefully we will get ours in for testing quickly.

This new generation of IR digital power controllers and PowIRstage ICs feature Isense technology, which provide more precise current sensing accuracy. This helps evenly distribute the thermal loading between the PowIRstage ICs, preventing the overheating of each individual PowIRstage, resulting in longer lifespan and better reliability.

GIGABYTE X399 motherboards feature Server Level Chokes. Server level reliability - High current capacity - New design reduces heat created by power loss and provides efficient power delivery to CPU VRM area.

Looks nice, now I just need to win the lottery to buy one since I could never justify it otherwise.

I like that there is no giant sink for VRMs, now if they could just leave off the giant chipset sink and the giant IO shrouds.

That is one nice motherboard. This looks like Gigabytes take on the Asus ROG/Gaming motherboards.

Looks nice, now I just need to win the lottery to buy one since I could never justify it otherwise.

I like that there is no giant sink for VRMs, now if they could just leave off the giant chipset sink and the giant IO shrouds.

agree, i like the heatsink they used while still having a heat pipe design to active cooling behind the i/o shield like asus is using.

Maybe I'm a bit odd, but I would love it if manufactures would build premium full featured motherboards in Micro-ATX form factors. I'm never going to use SLI again (games are not even supporting it in the future). I will rarely have more than 2 expansion cards (graphics, 10gb NIC and maybe an encoder card). I only use M.2 or SSD storage, so I don't need a large tower to store everything in. I want to minimize the space my space-heater takes up, but I don't want to give up the features and performance I leave on the table when selecting the Micro-ATX version of a motherboard.

Maybe I'm a bit odd, but I would love it if manufactures would build premium full featured motherboards in Micro-ATX form factors. I'm never going to use SLI again (games are not even supporting it in the future). I will rarely have more than 2 expansion cards (graphics, 10gb NIC and maybe an encoder card). I only use M.2 or SSD storage, so I don't need a large tower to store everything in. I want to minimize the space my space-heater takes up, but I don't want to give up the features and performance I leave on the table when selecting the Micro-ATX version of a motherboard.
Games will be supporting SLI/Xfire. It is being done by the API. DX12/Vulcan are completely able to use multi-cards.

Back