Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi rev 1.1 or 1.0

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
Does anybody know what the differences between the Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi 1.1 and 1.0 boards are? I haven't been given an actual answer from Gigabyte and my normal supplier is only able to source me a 1.0 board and I can't find any reviews for the 1.1. So I am wondering if the 1.1 addresses some issue with the 1.0 or what its deal is. I'm needing to build out a Threadripper to function as a fallback system and to test server updates on as it is cheaper than another EPYC server and maintains the compatibility I need from Hyper-V. AMD has been pretty silent about the Threadrippers lately that or I haven't been looking in the correct places so I am just reaching out to anybody who may know something or have some experience with the boards.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, I’ve heard there are some shortages with voltage regulators and amplifiers and other board parts so I am wondering if the new model was designed to use different parts as part of the power delivery and if so is it inferior to the 1.0.

I am looking at boards too, and I can't tell if there is any difference on any of the Gigabytes boards between 1.0 and 1.1 - it is not visible on the website

rev 1.0

1603857274298.png

Rev 1.1
1603857331276.png

is this of any help? only difference I can see

Henrik

Sometimes they change something in the physical build to resolve possible rare issue, sometimes they change to cheaper parts to save money, etc. Features usually stay the same. Maybe someone on the Gigabyte forum would know.

isn't there some issue with some gigabyte boards? I don't know which ones, but read if you turn on xmp the USB ports freak out. Some people have it some don't. Maybe this revision addresses that issue?

I’ve had bad luck with Gigabyte and amd in the past. Generally it’s a modification of cooling or VRM design. Sometimes it’s a bad design being updated. Sometimes it’s feature tweaks or things. Hard to say.

My old 990FX board it was obvious- vrm and vrm cooling changes to try and make it stable. Others... almost impossible to tell

Well I hope Gigabyte will be better then MSI, its decades ago since I had a Gigabyte board, but we are about to see if it still good or not fingers crossed, still not sure what the difference is between ver 1.0 and 1.1 ?

Back