GIGABYTE Shows Off New B450 Motherboards & 850W PSU

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GIGABYTE is breaking its silence on its upcoming line of B450 chipset motherboards for AMD's new Ryzen CPUs. We have the press deck below that outlines the features that these new motherboards will have. Also, GIGABYTE is introduction a new naming scheme when it comes to its motherboard line-up, so that is likely worth taking a look at too.

All the slides.

We have been expecting GIGABYTE to announce this for a while, but it is now introducing its first PSU, and this one comes in at a healthy 850 watts. Yes, we have already have asked for a sample of the AORUS P850W 80+ GOLD Modular on our test bench.

For a week now I get no images from hardocp. I just get a picture of a camera with a red X

It's a simple certificate issue, just manually add an exception.

* half related, but that's not entirely Kyle's fault either. We live in the era of retards. Retards are prone to jacks, trojans, loggers and everything else that can be avoided with some care or consideration. To accommodate said legion of humanoids, we have come to rely on "certificate validators" and "issuers", who are doing the retards' work for them. Rely because by now, even if you wanted to, it's impossible to force any modern browser to not look for them, so think "bully" (there's a profit here), but in a business context. You can expect a site owner to occasionally update his site. But you can't fault him for the limitations of the system. Them being the limitations of the people that use it :)

Last edited:
So according to Gigabyte's website, the Aorus M, which in the slides includes "Gigabyte Gaming LAN" and "8-channel HD audio" are just using Realtek LAN and ALC 892 audio. Looks like the Aorus Pro will be the one for me to watch.

I almost went with Gigabyte for a full AORUS Threadripper based build...but after reading some reviews of the AORUS motherboards, I decided to change to an ASUS/ROG build (and moved to Ryzen instead of TR). If Gigabyte improves the quality of their AMD motherboards, I might consider them next time.

Actually, the first Gigabyte power supply was the Gigabyte Odin GT which was awesome because it gave all sorts of sensors and controls via USB; I wish they still made them.

Back