Gigabyte RMA is up too

nalc

[H]ard|Gawd
They sent out an e-mail today. Offering a normal RMA, or an Advanced RMA. Give CC info, they ship you a new board, you send yours back with a prepaid shipping label. I'm excited, because my retailer, Provantage, hasn't done a damn thing and has ignored all my e-mails about the recall and RMA process. I'm glad that Gigabyte is offering to RMA it directly, without dicking around with Provantage any more.

Dear Customer,
We have good news for all of those that are affected by the Intel 6 series motherboards recent issue. New replacement 6 series motherboard that is based on the new B3 stepping chipset is now being shipped and replacements will be available shortly for affected owners. To expedite the replacement process please help us fill out the following information to begin the process.
*Company or Name:
*Address 1:
Address 2:
*City:
*State:
*Zip Code:
*Telephone:
Ext:
*Email:
*Model:
*Serial Number:

GIGABYTE offers 2 options for replacement, please select one of the following:
Standard replacement
GIGABYTE will provide both way shipping. User will receive a UPS label to return the affected motherboard first; upon receipt of the affected board a replacement will be processed and shipped.
Advanced replacement
A valid credit card number is required and a deposit equal to the retail value of the model requested will be charged before the replacement is shipped. User then return the affected motherboard by a UPS label prepared by GIGABYE; upon receipt of the affected item, a full refund of the deposit will be processed.

**If this option is chosen, a separate advanced replacement request form will be sent to your email**

Sweet, I haven't gotten the email yet, but I'll get started on mine tonight after work. Then up for sale it goes!

Got the board yesterday. Good news, everyone. The included SATA cables are now black. The baby blue ones that came with the original P67 boards are gone. I guess they were leftovers from Gigabyte's blue PCB days.

I didn't any correspondence from them after filling out the form other than an email from UPS with a shipping label. It didn't say what it was for or anything, but it says it's going to G.B.T. in CA. I assume that's GigaByte Technologies...Anyone else experience that?

And, are we supposed to include everything that came with it or not? Because I'm keeping the cables and stuff. LOL.

they may charge you for items not returned..asus i believe says no accessories we charge your card..just keep it in mind...

Newegg got mine done already. Handled it amazingly, did it over the phone in a second after calling me to boot. Advance rma board is already on the way.

I read a post on this forum i believe ,could have been msi, just cant remember exactly but they stated all accessories must be in return box or they will charge you and i think it was on cc cross ship, damn i know i read it....im glad you guys got good service from asus..
ill try and find it tonite, id hate to see somebody get charged for this stuff and not be aware of it..
it would piss me off if they did it to me after going through what you guys have been through with this board recall....in a couple of weeks all you guys will be as happy as happy can be...something so exciting about building a new system...like butterflies in your stomach when you hit the power button for the first time or you flash bios and are waiting for the first reboot..i love and hate that feeling..
you guys know what i mean...im on 1366 and im dieing to build a sandy bridge but cant ,not a smart decision running 1366....so im watching all you guys have the fun wishing i could have that fun now..i can afford to do it but good scence tells me no...im very happy with 1366, so go have your fun...im watching from the forums.....

Last edited:
Back