Gigabyte RMA is the worst in the business.

I can't comment on Gigabyte boards, Abit (now sadly finished) or Asus because the boards I have had have not died..........my Abit NF7-S v2 about 6 years old and the AN8 Ultra Fatal1ty about 4 years old are still going strong.
My current Gigabyte board is still going strong....only a year old though.
I have had their boards in the past, but were either sold off in a PC or sold to help pay for a newer board.
But I can comment on the RMA service on BFG, Corsair, Tagan (even though the PSU's I had.....4 of them all died within 9 months) and Logitech....their service was excellent.
So I cannot agree that Gigabyte RMA's are crap, because I have not had cause to return one.

Last edited:
Ok so after getting my board back, its a beat up used board, it works but it looks like who ever owned the board previously had scratched it while installing it.The holes where you screw in the motherboard are cracked, someone screwed them in so hard physically cracked the board, im going to write a nice letter to Gigabytes headquarters, i got all of the employees names, obviously people who work for gigabyte are making them look like idiots and treating their customers like idiots, i sent in a brand new board which was a little over 1 month old, not a single scratch on it and got a beat up board, it works and turns on but this is no way to replace a board that was 1 month old, gigabyte is now on my blacklist, never again.

Hi,

know the feeling with them. I had a Gigabyte P35 board that fried on me. It wound up taking out my first Q6600 and my Corsair RAM. Intel and Corsair. A couple of basic questions asked about the product and an RMA was issue. Turn around time was within 2 weeks at the most from the point of leaving with the shipper to return. Gigabyte. different story. Took about a month or so easily. Tried to find out what was going on with the process. No updates. Finally got a box back on my door step with my original MB. The paperwork inside claimed I caused the problem of frying some voltage controller on the MB. (I think the tech got sticker happy.) Google search got into the area of a CPU volt controller but the closest sticker was about an inch away. I'm no idiot but I was pretty much wtf is this bs attitude. At this point I basically said F___ them they will not get any more of my business.

Sad part is I lost a pretty good Q6600 that had a VID of 1.275. All cores were literally within 3 degrees of one another at idle and 1 degree at load. The replacement is about 8 degrees at idle and at load.

Good luck

Last edited:
I buy Gigabyte almost exclusively. I've had to RMA boards a couple times and never had an issue.

So after them sending me a physically damaged board, i called them back and sent them pictures, they said they would send me a new board once i sent this one in, This is still not done, well see what happens, ill keep you guys posted.

ironically the only company i have ever had problems with is Evga, i will only buy from companies that go by serial number for rma service. It's a personal thing and i know some people will rush to defend and it's fine...but the fact that they are pretty much the only company that is downright shitty with their single owner policy is a bit much (i have 2 dead 680i boards, one from the forums, and one from microcenter, lost the receipt when i moved...told me to have microcenter reprint the receipt...a microcenter across the country and i paid cash). On top of that they do not have out of warranty services, i remember abit was pretty cool with that, 25 bucks and they would fix my out of warranty board. I won't own any more evga motherboards and am weaning away from their video cards in favor of xfx which at least gives you a single warranty transfer, which is fair enough.

only ever had problems with evga, and dfi, never had an issue with other companies rma, and since i also have a shop on the side, i've pretty much dealt with all of them...msi is kind of sucky too, but i got the board back without issue after a LONG time with little info

I'm going to try my credit card warranty extender. Maybe I'll get the whole thing back, which would be pretty nice.

After promising a new board, they sent me another used/refurbished board, behind the cpu socket was a bunch of stuck hair from a human, all over the motherboard as well, I dont know what the hell is going on with Gigabyte but i will never ever buy a single board from them again, enless i get it for free.. The board works, im just going to use it, im not going to bother with their garbage service again. My point still sticks, GIGABYTE's SERVICE SUCKS!!!!

Back